Tanner and I-street conditions?

A few friends and I are itching to ride something new and something fun. We're planning to leave Denver Friday morning and return late Monday. So the question is - what condition are Tanner Park and I-street in? How has the weather been the past few days?

We've all seen the vids and the places look like a blast. Weather looks clear for the weekend. Gas is cheap. We're on our way if ya'll say the word! (Shovel in hand if needs be...)

It's been raining quite a bit here. I street is all sand, so It might dry out fast if it is sunny in the next two days. I would give her a go!

^^^We've ridden I Street the day after rain, and it was fine. The dirt gets a bit slow and the g-out between the step down and step up can get washed out a bit, but it drains really well and really fast.

Not sure about Tanner, though the dirt is pretty similar, so it'll probably be fine. I'd be more concerned about the Nazi BMXicans that have taken the place over. Bring your diggin' shoes just in case.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Thanks for the info. We're headed out tonight. Stopping in green river, hanksville, and salt lake. Should be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Thanks for the info. We're headed out tonight. Stopping in green river, hanksville, and salt lake. Should be epic.
    I hate you youngsters that still can travel to cool places to ride. Have fun man and be sure to hook up with the SLC mags.
    A gay-rage full of toys. You can guess em.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley;
    2096004 I'd be more concerned about the Nazi BMXicans that have taken the place over. Bring your diggin' shoes just in case.
    What's their agenda...maintaining steep trannies and takeoffs?
    Who built everything?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Haven't ridden in a week or two, but I just got my bike working again so I'll probably be heading up to I-street a bit if it dries out. You guy's should come ride some urban at the U as well, if you want to jump off of things made of concrete to supplement the dirt jumping.

So Tanner is pretty much heaven. I love well thought out and bmx maintained dirt jump areas. With the recent rain and dig efforts everything is in absolutely amazing shape. If you're chill, the 20" crew is chill. Pabst works wonders.

istreet is a blast too. We put some serious shovel time into the new big set on the left as our way of thanking the slc folk for building sick sh*t.

We'll be at Tanner this morning/early afternoon and istreet after ~2. The step up line is so dope!