Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teledave View Post
    Here's a thought, how about quit yer bitchin' about the use of this website's sponsors resources for fucking free. It's a fucking e-mail from Chugach Powder Guides, not Nadia from Czechoslovakia guaranteeing your satisfaction with her good lovin.
    Guaranteed satisfaction.......shit forget CPG put me on Nadia's list.

Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps View Post
    Sorry. I've mentioned this before, but you deserve an answer. TGR did not give me your address. as most of you know, I used to manage this site and also send the email news letters for TGR. At some point I also had our (CPG) account on the same newsletter service and some of the lists became hopelessly mixed. I've spent countless man hours manually pruning my list to get the TGR list names out. It's hard though, because we've also done TONS of contests, etc together over the years that maggots sign up for e-mails, so tons of the addresses are legit, and the cross referencing is very hard. I you don't want an email from us, I perfectly understand and apologize. Just hit the "unsubscribe link on the email and you'll never get one from us again, I promise...
    what the fuck owens, i did not get the email, you think i am going to picky back on AC's heli trip the rest of my life?

Quote Originally Posted by kings run east View Post
    so why am I getting that email? I only signed up a month ago.
    Because you are a jong kook who lives in santa monica?

And here I thought I was special like ..
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps View Post
    Sorry. I've mentioned this before, but you deserve an answer. TGR did not give me your address. as most of you know, I used to manage this site and also send the email news letters for TGR. At some point I also had our (CPG) account on the same newsletter service and some of the lists became hopelessly mixed. I've spent countless man hours manually pruning my list to get the TGR list names out. It's hard though, because we've also done TONS of contests, etc together over the years that maggots sign up for e-mails, so tons of the addresses are legit, and the cross referencing is very hard. I you don't want an email from us, I perfectly understand and apologize. Just hit the "unsubscribe link on the email and you'll never get one from us again, I promise...

I just signed up 3 weeks ago, and got my first invitation to join Chugash Powder Guides this week. Your email doesn't make sense because it surely seems as if the lists were just recently mixed up. I don't mind the emails from CPG at all, but it does make me wonder who else may have my email for the right price.

Solicitation e-mails from heli ski outfits are the only spam I ever read.
    Spam on...

I got the news letter also. Infact, after reading this thread I went back to read my junk mail.

... I think I just thought of another way to spend 5k that I dont have!
    I plan on hitting the trees all winter long!

Again and again I find TGR to constantly look out for its community, I appreciate it immensely. Thanks for the quick explanation ONS.
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

I'm just upset that i didn't get a maggot discount when i flew with em....

You're so lucky it ruled....
    So local it hurts...

In case you were wondering, this is what you missed:

W W W . C H U G A C H P O W D E R G U I D E S . C O M
    November 2008
    Winter Greetings from Chugach Powder Guides
    It must be about that time. The snow is quietly accumulating here in Alaska and the excitement of our crew is palpable. We can't wait to get back into the mountains again and re-connect with the immensity that can only be found in Alaska. It's been a huge year for us and we wanted to take the time to share what's going on and give you the details you need for the upcoming heli ski season.
    As you'll read below, we've formed a new company called EpicQuest.This promises to be a very exciting endeavor and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to share it with you. In the coming months you will be seeing a few changes with Chugach Powder Guides as the new companies begin to take shape into one. The first of these changes are that this will be last CPG newsletter that you will be receiving. Going forward you will receive an EpicQuest newsletter that combines news, information and offerings for all of EpicQuest including Chugach Powder Guides. In addition to offering information on new adventures the EpicQuest newsletter will continue to keep guests updated on future changes and additions to the EpicQuest offerings. Please stay tuned as we're going to be inviting you to join us.
    We hope to see you this year, but whether you make it to Alaska or not, we wish you light and dry face shots all season long.
    Check out the latest news and information from Chugach Powder Guides below.

If you have recieved this e-mail through Teton Gravity Research, you are entitled to one free week of Heli-skiing at the resort of your choice. We apoloogize to those who did not recieve this offer, but please understand, we are only extending it to consistantly positve contributers and not to whiny ass bitches. Thank you for your time. CPG and EpicQuest.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Visual Aid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kings run east View Post
    so why am I getting that email? I only signed up a month ago.
    Because you should want it JONG.

Best piece of email I got today. I thought Nadia's was, but some research reveals she is actually a he. pre op too. So that really limits things.

Much better to get emails of beautiful powder, fat rainbows and ........
    hey where the naked girls skiing powder?
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Wow, another example of big biz (new owners) mixing with a core group (old TGR) and producing a mess being too aggressive. Lots of fine print... I also got the junk... You guys under too much pressure to produce for your new big daddy of the company?

i like emails from helicopter ski companies in alaska.

I prefer to use Goggle when I need to know something.. I don't like junk I did not ask for, and is shoved down my throat, whether I want it or not.

But, I'm not an expert on things going down my throat. I know StropeSkier has a boyfriend. Maybe he can shed some light on things going down his throat...

StropeSkier are you out there... What's it like?
    Last edited by jwolter7; 11-11-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    I prefer to use Goggle when I need to know something.. I don't like junk I did not ask for, and is shoved down my throat, whether I want it or not.
    So your boyfriend normally ask for permission first?
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

I don't have a problem with any of this, but I, too, see some inconsistencies. I never signed up for any contests, and I got the email at an address that's only been around a year. Heck, I only registered an account to that address (yulp, alias here, too, but a playful one) three weeks ago.

"YOU SHOULD WANT THIS EMAIL, JONG!@!!!2@!!!" isn't exactly a productive response to "Hmm... why did I/didn't I get this?"

I read it, ONS. I dug it. Definitely wish I had $9k for it. So no issues, but I'm just wondering how that account got mixed in if I've never registered that account for any contests or anything (that I can recall; if I did, it would have been through my main email account, as this one is strictly for school stuff).
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    Wow, another example of big biz (new owners) mixing with a core group (old TGR) and producing a mess being too aggressive. Lots of fine print... I also got the junk... You guys under too much pressure to produce for your new big daddy of the company?
    Sure wish I was as core as all that. I feel violated with the aggressiveness of this spam. It was so harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    "YOU SHOULD WANT THIS EMAIL, JONG!@!!!2@!!!" isn't exactly a productive response to "Hmm... why did I/didn't I get this?"

I read it, ONS. I dug it. Definitely wish I had $9k for it. So no issues, but I'm ............
    Wow. Do you guys seriously need some tampax? And for reference I wasn't shouting with added puncuatation you douche bag.
    I got the spam. Didn't know from where, didn't care. I read the whole thing. Being in the Sun Valley area ( they took over or merged some how with SV Heliguides, who I have flown with and Mark is a friend of mine plus knowing all the guides) I thought it was interesting. One of the few pieces of spam that I read the whole thing.

Now if these guys are sending you one a day to remind of how shitty your life is and that it's that time of month, then go ahead and whine a little more.
    Until then I welcome the occasional spam from Chugach as motivation to work a little harder so I might be able to throw down again for a little heli time.

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Sure wish I was as core as all that. I feel violated with the aggressiveness of this spam. It was so harsh.

Wow. Do you guys seriously need some tampax? And for reference I wasn't shouting with added puncuatation you douche bag.
    I got the spam. Didn't know from where, didn't care. I read the whole thing. Being in the Sun Valley area ( they took over or merged some how with SV Heliguides, who I have flown with and Mark is a friend of mine plus knowing all the guides) I thought it was interesting. One of the few pieces of spam that I read the whole thing.

Now if these guys are sending you one a day to remind of how shitty your life is and that it's that time of month, then go ahead and whine a little more.
    Until then I welcome the occasional spam from Chugach as motivation to work a little harder so I might be able to throw down again for a little heli time.
    Rad! First time I've ever been called a douche on the board. And that's over a 4+-year span!

My point was that expressing curiosity is hardly the same as whining. Douche.

"I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Anyone else notice the steep heli camp hosted with Jeremy Nobis?

That would be damn fun, and only $8K - so a bargain really.
    Would this be considered part of his "community service"? I keed, I keed

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Rad! First time I've ever been called a douche on the board. And that's over a 4+-year span!

My point was that expressing curiosity is hardly the same as whining. Douche.

So I burst your Douche virginity. Sweet.
    If you are going to quote me at least, please don't make me yelling. I don't yell except in person and when I don't get my way.

Don't want my email being sold. Love heli skiing. Not sure if I would do it on scooby snacks again. The chopper gets a little claustrophobic.

And I raise you a double douche bag.

Thread Killer

I got it. Dug it. Thanks.

Seems so difficult to press the delete button...

All of these new jong dumbfooks need to go back, read thru the history of TGR, and get a clue about ONS and his little maggot venture at CPG and the rad things that he has done for the magg's over the years

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    I'm just upset that i didn't get a maggot discount when i flew with em....

You're so lucky it ruled....
    And then you get spammed. Wow, really cool.

Can you say PRIVACY POLICY?