swell direction data for PacNW?

I've looked around on the NOAA site and elsewhere trying to find out where one can find accurate swell direction info and I haven't find anything....

Looked through the NOAA buoy site here:
    http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/maps/Northwest.shtml
    but don't see any swell direction info, or perhaps I don't know what I'm looking for.

Anyways....I spent a whole lotta time driving this weekend staring at a calm strait of juan de fuca and didn't get any quality time in the water until I got to neah bay and I'd really like to find a data source online thats slightly better than the general swell direction that the noaa marine forecast provides and that swell direction arrow on the magicseaweed forcast. Any suggestions on where I can find some accurate swell direction info straight from the buoys?

thanks!
    Last edited by Bud; 11-09-2008 at 10:28 PM.

watching the storms that produce swell and their ability to fire down the mouth of the strait is a good indicator
    this site puts it all in a pretty picture
    http://www.surfwa.org/Washington_Sur...rf_report.html

comparing the swell angles north and south of the strait also helps,

but in the end the strait is a fickle bitch

hadn't seen that surfwa site before....lots of good info. thanks!

www.nxnwsurf.com also has some decent data. I try and avoid the douchebags at the shop, but the website has decent one-stop-shopping for conditions.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Why drive to the strait when its going off right here?

PUGET SOUND AND HOOD CANAL-
    300 PM PST TUE NOV 11 2008

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...

TONIGHT...S WIND 15 TO 25 KT...RISING TO SW 25 TO 35 KT LATE. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. RAIN.

WED...SW WIND 25 TO 35 KT...EASING TO 15 TO 25 KT EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON. WINDS EASING TO SW 10 TO 20 KT LATE. STRONGEST WINDS SOUTH SOUND. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT...SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FT LATE. RAIN.

To get numerical swell direction forecast numbers-- visit Wavewatch, Magic Seaweed, Stormsurf, and others(?). It seems that the accuracy goes up when more of the forecast websites agree on the forecast.

I am guessing that the technology just isn't there yet to give accurate forecasts when there are 2+ storm systems bearing in many directions with an overlying jet stream to smear it all up. But on those rare days when a single system comes screaming towards the throat of the straits-- WAHOO!!