Thread: FS: Marzocchi 66 Light Fork

FS: Marzocchi 66 Light Fork, and a dirt jumper

I am selling a sweet Marzocchi 66 Light. Bought it from Mr. Altagirl, and only rode it twice. Great shape, super plush, but too much fork for the bike I put it on (Cannondale Gemini that I ride uphill way more than downhill these days). Steerer is 7.25 inches.

Looking for $300.00, which is what I paid.

More details from Mr. Altagirl:
    - 06 Marzocchi 66 Light: Perfect shape, Go-Ride did some internal changes for me that really made this fork work well, we swapped out a few parts in the air side and added a small piece of spring from an 888. This allowed me to run much lower air pressure (I ran 15 lbs instead of 40 lbs and I weigh more than you...) and the fork is as plush as any 66 I've ever felt. But the ETA still works if you want to use it and weighs less than any other 66 as well (travel reduction /lockdown). 1 1/8" steer tube, 7 1/4" long. Stanchions are perfect and I will change the oil before shipping. $300 plus shipping if not in UT.

The P1 is sold.
    Last edited by JoshP; 11-21-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Adding more cool stuff to sell.
    Keep it unclipped

Did somethign happen to the Sherman Breakout? Don't let Mr. AG tell you that its a piece of crap. . .it works fine for 150 lb dudes like us.

Kimball Junction The Dark Side Of The Wasatch
    Does it have 180 mm of travel?

Quote Originally Posted by DARYLL View Post
    Does it have 180 mm of travel?
    I'll help my man out; no, it is a 170mm. Sweet Fork, I just wanted a 1.5" steer tube and swapped to a Totem.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Still interested with the 170 mm of travel the only issue is the steerer tube lenght. My current fork RC2 is a little over 8" I need to figure out what I can loose and remeasure as I do make mistakes.

Here's a couple pics:

Keep it unclipped

interested if daryll passes. i need to check steerer length, but i'm in slc, so i could stop by whenever and make sure it would fit on my bike.

If you or anyone wants it go for it. I won't have a chance to get to my bike for a few days as its in PC and I'm in SLC
    Jibs Not Jobs

I am around most nights, so if anyone wants to check it out, I could meet somewheres around SLC, or you could swing by mi casa.
    Keep it unclipped

What's with selling the Dirt Jumper? You love that thing at I-Street, even if you don't get there very often.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    What's with selling the Dirt Jumper? You love that thing at I-Street, even if you don't get there very often.
    Yeah.....what he said.
    It's like I died and went to heaven, but then it turned out it wasn't my time, and they sent me to a brewery.

Monday morning bump.

If anyone around SLC wants to check out the fork or bike, I can meet you somewhere in the valley most nights during the week.
    Keep it unclipped

Ooh. That p1 is really tempting. I shouldn't be spending that money right now but...hmmm
    I'm going to have to think on that one.

You still got that fork Josh?

Any idea how hard it is to get a new steer/crown/stancition for that guy or would Zocchi still have em around?

I still have the fork.

I never looked into how hard/expensive it would be to replace the steerer on it. Anyone on here ever done it? What'd it cost? How did it turn out?
    Keep it unclipped

My LBS said they would send the fork to Zocchi and put a new steerer tube in for about $75. I thought you had to get a full steerer/crown/stanction as they were all press fit parts... anybody know about this?

Anyway I'm thinking on the fork for now.

Think I would like it on the front of my Heckler over my Float 36 RC2?

Might look nice on the front of a bigger bike in the future too...

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesN'Cream View Post
    My LBS said they would send the fork to Zocchi and put a new steerer tube in for about $75. I thought you had to get a full steerer/crown/stanction as they were all press fit parts... anybody know about this?
    Pressing in a new steerer tube is standard practice and done all the time. If they needed to, they could also heat it up and then the magnesium crown would expand more than the Aluminum steerer and it would be easier to press out the old one and press in the new one. I doubt they bother with this though. I bet Go-Ride can do this work as well.

interested in 66..PM sent...