PLease look at this PM I received

I just received this PM from a 0 poster for a pair of pants I am selling. Does this text appear strange to anyone else, like a fishing scam???

"Hello

I am interested in buying the TNF Park Cargo Pants that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque or money order.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,"

He gave his email address as well.

Comments? Anyone, anyone bueller?

sounds stalker-ish.

It's Jer. He wants to date you.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I got something like that once for some bindings that I was not even selling; I had posted a PSA about some touring bindings that were on clearance at Sierra Trading Post. I got the strange PM asking me basically the same questions. I just ignored it.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Zero Post PM Scammers

Please, don't even consider selling to zero post lurkers.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

posting name is SOSO
    what a fuck head

Classic Nigerian 419 scammer style.

Classic fuckin scam. I get 10 of those a day for each item I post on CL ...

You definitely should PM him your home adress. That's a totaly legit request. Make sure to let him know your SS number and sexual orientation too.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

I've had like eleventy million awesome transactions with that guy.
    Totally legit.

Cool, I need to put some things on gear swap, looks like this guy is buying

Blurred's endorsement is good enough for me

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

zero poster my ass. I wouldn't even sell to me and I been here for a 100+ posts. Please send along your ss # and I will act as your intermediary.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

got the exact same PM from soso about a fork im selling

What's w/ removing the e-mail addy? They should get to share in the fruits - sorry, spam - of their labor.

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    got the exact same PM from soso about a fork im selling
    I got one about a knife. Stop being so suspicious. He's just trying to complete his flatware set.

For my wedding site i get lots of scams coming from the UK (supposedly, anyway). Their prose is always too formal, but the emails are very targeted. The other tip off is that I have a form for contacting all the vendors, and they never use it. No one else contacts me via the email. Unlike generic fraud emails and Nigerian scams, these individuals take time to research because the scams are much more successful when well targeted.

this one was particularly targeted.
    Hello,

How are you doing ? please, I am looking for an experienced wedding coordinator who can assist me with my forth-coming wedding ceremony in your country.Can you make this dream come true ? Here is my budget,20,000 pounds.The ceremony holds within the 3rd of January,2009. We are not wanting anything much, just a beach ceremony, with a tropical bouquet for my wife, and someone to take pictures, and video, they can even use our camera. Just a small no frills simple ceremony. We were mostly looking for someone to help with the legal matters,arrange for the release of white doves or white helium balloon and take some of the hassle out of our hands prior to our arrival. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions.We hope to invite close friends and relative.Please,all our payments shall be made via my credit card Kindly get back to me if you are interested and free on that date by a return email via this email for more details.
    Best regards,
    Dr. Paul Melmann
    109-113 Queen’s Gate,
    South Kensington,
    London,UK,
    SW7 5LR.
    searching for his name (Dr. Paul Melmann) yielded this info
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Big Balls Guest
    Yeah thats typical Nigerian. You'll get the "certified check", you'll send the goods, and then the check won't clear. It's amazing the amount of time those africans will spend to make $20.

I received a similar one:

"Hello

I am interested in tossing your salad that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned salad to be tossed, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque or money order.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,"
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

haha, gotta love the scam letters. i had forgotten about this site...its got some great shit on it. it's amazing what people will go through to try and scam people.

http://www.419eater.com

go to the letters archive