Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    How do you get the job shooting the harpoon gun on those Boats? That thing is huge and sweet as shit looking.

The Sea Shepards are the Nerd Hippies which I dont like, the need to pick up some pot at port and chill out. Best Quote "Whales are way more important to this planet than Humans". I'd shoot her with a Harpoon Gun.
    Sexual climax lasts mere moments; but Deep Powder is extended Nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I prefer watching nondouchebag hippies on TV thanks very much
    Don't get all anti hippie on us, you and I both know would bang a dirty hippie in the unlikely event that you were giving the chance.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

This show is like a layer cake of awesome. Flipping their own boat? Denting the chopper blades? Arguing with Greenpeace? Boarding ships and claiming imprisonment? Eating Vegan for EVERY meal? Taking orders from a man with the intelligence of a soggy log? Throwing stink bombs? So so awesome.

My wife and I caught a few episodes of this on On-Demand.

I don't know that I've ever seen a more unexceptional group of people in my life. How did they get somebody to give them such cool toys?

If I was Steve Irwin I'd be pissed.

I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers give them quite a bit of money...so, if I were the RHCP's I'd be pissed. Although, some of the stuff they did in the northern hemisphere sounds pretty bad ass.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    I don't know that I've ever seen a more unexceptional group of people in my life. How did they get somebody to give them such cool toys?
    This is so accurate and exactly what I said to my fiancee. How such a group of dumbasses got so many toys is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    This is so accurate and exactly what I said to my fiancee. How such a group of dumbasses got so many toys is beyond me.
    gf w/timeshare --> fiancee = congrats in order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    gf w/timeshare --> fiancee = congrats in order?
    Yes sir. Timeshare thread is the very first thing I thought of. Got a good pre-nup???

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Yes sir. Timeshare thread is the very first thing I thought of. Got a good pre-nup???
    6. In event of dissolution, Spouse shall continue to provide for so long as requested by Executor, access to poopenhausen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    6. In event of dissolution, Spouse shall continue to provide for so long as requested by Executor, access to poopenhausen.

Hmmm, not bad. I will make sure to include that. I am starting with something like this just after the recitals section:

Each party shall separately retain all of his or her rights in his or her separate property, specifically any timeshare owned by Wife at time of execution,as enumerated in Exhibits 1 and 2 to this agreement, free and clear of any claim of the other party, without regard to any time or effort invested during the course of the marriage in the maintenance, management, or improvement of that separate property and without specific regard to the number of hookers Husband taxes therein.

This document is starting to come together!

I'd also make sure to include a broad indemnification clause in case she sleeps around and you end up with the clap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Watson is an egotist and a nut-job, however I am on the whales side. Although I would concede that indigenous native tribal types are probably ok with a bit of subsistence whale hunting.
    i agree that the man is crazy and basically full of shit. i got front row seats to the paul watson vs. makah whaling in washington state. fun stuff listening to the radio, seeing what a blowhard and bullshit artist he was.

first, he missed the successful hunt due to drinking too much at the tavern in clallam bay the night before. then he brings his big black boat into the inner harbor at neah bay.... then the bullshit ensued. he stated that the tribe was shooting missles at his boat (major bs, even if some kids were shooting bottles rockets at his boat) and tried to intimidate the coast guard over the radio. luckily, the commander wasn't a pussy and told him off in a very polite way.

then once the whale was on the beach and the tribe was celebrating, he had to pull up and start bullshitting over the speakers telling the kids their parents were blood thirsty murderers.

the problem with paul watson is that he turns off people that might be on his side if he weren't such an egotistical bullshit artist. as much as i am on his side against whaling and protecting the oceans, my real memories of the man cannot be swayed by the animal planet propaganda... although they sure aren't making them out to be smart or talented.

also, as someone who spent time in the open ocean, i have no respect for people that intentionally put PEOPLE'S lives in danger out on the high seas. trying to disable boats crosses the line imo.

Quote Originally Posted by topwater View Post
    i agree that the man is crazy and basically full of shit.
    Yep the guy's a tosser (aka wanker in US/UK ingrish). Charging in with his big boat against a tribe that has hunted and taken a whale or two a year to survive - sustainably, probably for the last 5 thousand years or more - is easy for them and a soft target. But they know that if they really pissed off and challenged Japanese whalers they would get their hippy asses banzai 'd into sushi! 天皇陛下万歳!

Up the ante, now that would make good viewing!

(edit posted under influence of whisky )
    Gone fishing

the problem with paul watson is that he turns off people that might be on his side if he weren't such an egotistical bullshit artist.
    This really is the saddest part of all of this. I am definitely on their side and think that they are doing good by trying to prevent whaling, or the killing of sharks, etc.

But Watson is a manipulative lunatic and just comes off as a total fucker. Definitely sours the whole thing.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Watching the marathon now, I've never seen such a group of incompetent assbags. This stuff is gold!

I'm really surprised no one on the Steve Irwin has gotten killed yet. They're clearly untrained and unprepared for about everything they try to do out there. Another vote for "it's a good cause, ruined by a bunch of jackasses."

I've seen that ship in person. Neat.
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

Thanks for the tip on this, I'm watching the online episode now, comedy gold.

Bump for a new season starting on Freitag. Let the hilarity ensue.

i agree that the man is crazy and basically full of shit. i got front row seats to the paul watson vs. makah whaling in washington state. fun stuff listening to the radio, seeing what a blowhard and bullshit artist he was.

first, he missed the successful hunt due to drinking too much at the tavern in clallam bay the night before. then he brings his big black boat into the inner harbor at neah bay.... then the bullshit ensued. he stated that the tribe was shooting missles at his boat (major bs, even if some kids were shooting bottles rockets at his boat) and tried to intimidate the coast guard over the radio. luckily, the commander wasn't a pussy and told him off in a very polite way.

then once the whale was on the beach and the tribe was celebrating, he had to pull up and start bullshitting over the speakers telling the kids their parents were blood thirsty murderers.

the problem with paul watson is that he turns off people that might be on his side if he weren't such an egotistical bullshit artist. as much as i am on his side against whaling and protecting the oceans, my real memories of the man cannot be swayed by the animal planet propaganda... although they sure aren't making them out to be smart or talented.

also, as someone who spent time in the open ocean, i have no respect for people that intentionally put PEOPLE'S lives in danger out on the high seas. trying to disable boats crosses the line imo.
    Oh wow, i thought these guys were morons before I heard this? I can't believe they had the nerve to fuck with a tribe that has been doing this since before europeans or japanese figured out what "profit" means, and who are basically the best possible model of "sustainable harvest".
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Y'all should read the book by Peter Heller, Whale Warriors. Especially the stupid fuck who thought the shot of the whale getting harpooned was cool.

Watson's a nutbag, but what the Japanese are doing is way nuttier. For a culture that eats a shit-ton of fish, they seem totally hellbent on turning the oceans into a lifeless wasteland.

I haven't seen the show, but its too bad that its bringing attention to Sea Shepherd's efforts in such a negative light. They obviously aren't pros, but they're the only ones willing to fight this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    really? they act like a surprising number of masters/doctoral students that i have met.....

as for their toys somebody somewhere has got to get acccess to a couple of torpedos or anti-ship missiles for them just so we can watch the international reaction...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Someone should mess with their ship's compass so that they end up off the coast of Somali.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Someone should mess with their ship's compass so that they end up off the coast of Somali.
    Bwhahahaha, I doubt the US Navy would attempt to save these guys. That would make for an excellent TV show, unfortunately though the Animal Planet Camera crew would be subjected to the same fate as the rest of those morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Watson is an egotist and a nut-job, however I am on the whales side. Although I would concede that indigenous native tribal types are probably ok with a bit of subsistence whale hunting.

They had more balls back in the day!

Sea Shepherd found the Sierra and chased it into the port of Leixoes. Captain Watson rammed the Sierra twice in harbor, tearing the hull open to the waterline and forcing the ship into port for repairs. After a million dollars of uninsured repairs, the Sierra was sunk by Sea Shepherd operatives in Lisbon harbor in Portugal on February 6, 1980. Sea Shepherd permanently retired the pirate whaler Sierra and prevented anymore whales from being taken by her.

That same month, Sea Shepherd operatives sank two Spanish whalers in to the port of Vigo, Spain, (Ibsa I and Ibsa II)after Spain refused to comply with quota regulations on fin whales.

Also in 1980, working in cooperation with the government of South Africa, Sea Shepherd assisted in the seizure of the pirate whalers Susan and Theresa. The ships were taken out to sea and deliberately scuttled by the South African Navy.

Sea Shepherd successfully shut down all pirate whaling operations in the North Atlantic within a year after a dozen years of failure by the International Whaling Commission. The IWC has no enforcement division to insure its laws are upheld.

We had taken six whalers out of operation but lost the Sea Shepherd when it was taken from us by a judge without a hearing or a trial after he took a bribe from the Sierra's owners. To keep the Sea Shepherd from being converted to a whaler, Captain Watson scuttled his own ship in Leixoes harbor on the first day of January, 1980.

1986, Sea Shepherd engineers Rod Coronado and David Howitt arrived in Iceland and scuttled two of the four Icelandic whaling ships at dockside. They also destroyed the whale meat processing plant in Iceland.

Iceland vessels scuttled

In January 1988, Captain Paul Watson flew to Iceland to accept responsibility for the sinking of the ships. The Icelandic government refused to lay charges because Iceland knew that a trial would expose their illegal operations.

The Sea Shepherd actions in Iceland permanently retired two of their whaling ships and cost the whaling company more money than they have been able to recover in 19 years. It was an economic defeat for the whale killers.

Before his quick exit, Sea Shepherd agent managed to
    snap a picture of the sea-cock he just opened to sink the
    illegal vessel in port.

In 1992, Sea Shepherd focused its efforts on opposing illegal commercial whaling by Norway. The day after Christmas, a Sea Shepherd crew led by Captain Paul Watson sank the illegally-operated Norwegian whaler Nybraena in the Lofoten Islands in Northern Norway.

In January 1994, a Sea Shepherd crew scuttled the illegal Norwegian whaler Senet in harbor in Southern Norway.

The Whales Forever was rammed by the Norwegian destroyer Andenes, fired upon, and had two depth charges deployed under the hull. Although suffering significant damage, the Whales Forever prevented the Norwegians from boarding and returned to the Shetland Islands having severely embarrassed the Norwegian authorities. More importantly, international media attention was brought to bear on the illegality of Norwegian whaling.

In 1998, the illegal Norwegian whaler Morild, owned by the most notorious whale killer in Norway - Stienar Bastesen - was sunk.
    That is more like it. I am curious to know, is there such thing as a legal whaling ship, or for the sake of the above campaign is every whaling ship illegal? What makes the difference?