Thread: Here's to FALL!

Here's to FALL!

Dude, it was big yesterday. Solid D.O. with one set edging up to Triple. Fuck that was fun. A couple beatings and one big big air drop to the flat got the nerves running again. Fuck that felt good. No need to respond to my diary post but fuck, I can't hold myself back from stating that that was fun yesterday.

I hear ya. I was in Napa on Sunday, but early this morning was not too shabby. Chunky, large and glassy until the South wind started blowing. And there has been a few days in October that were solid solid surf.

Loving the Fall. And the best part is - next is winter.

Where were you surfing yesterday? I heard it was pretty good in town. Drove down the coast at dusk from SF and it was pretty glassy out.

Yep, had a good October and today was sooooo much fun. Nothing like you No Cal boys get, but I will take a fun 6-8 ft face all day long over 2X OH. I am getting to old for the beatings
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yesterday was fun even down here in smallish land. Only problem was the water tasted like poo. Yuck.
    He who has the most fun wins!

i surfed waves 3x smaller than yours at bird rock. the only beating i took was my toe losing to the rocks on my way back to the car.
    fine

I did some OH crowd-surfing last night.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

You had a three pages ITW in Skieur's november issue. They say you're good at writing.
    Well, you sure love to write "fuck".
    Last edited by philippeR; 11-05-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling !
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    You had a three pages ITW in Skieur's november issue. They say you're good at writing.
    Wel, you sure love to write "fuck".
    You talkin' about me, or Alka, or ???

The Bonin Petrels

^ Sorry for the confusion (I didn't know you had 3 pages in Skieur's last issue too...)

I was talking about Alka. And there's a typo in my post : That's a 8 pages article, with a couple of full page pics. (Words and pics by Dom Daher).
    It say that Alka's smart, is a great skier, a good surfer and has a hot GF who's a great skier too. What's not to like ?
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    ^ Sorry for the confusion (I didn't know you had 3 pages in Skieur's last issue too...)

I was talking about Alka. And there's a typo in my post : That's a 8 pages article, with a couple of full page pics. (Words and pics by Dom Daher).
    It say that Alka's smart, is a great skier, a good surfer and has a hot GF who's a great skier too. What's not to like ?
    Heh.... well, you never know (I am expecting a Baker feature to show up at some point this season, and then there was the Evolene feature, and Ovronnaz.... and the profile. )

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    i surfed waves 3x smaller than yours at bird rock. the only beating i took was my toe losing to the rocks on my way back to the car.
    You should have come up the coast a bit. North county was epicracious. All those homos who don't want hepatitis stayed home so it was uncrowded all morning.

And can I get a hallelujah for the time change?
    I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes my key.

yes to (time) change.
    actually surfed right up til sunset saturday knowing it would be the latest i'd surf for a while.

i was with the wife and kid in la jolla, and didn't have a whole helluva lot of time.
    fine

Surfed at 1st peak and usually it's just burgers and mush when it gets big, but somehow the direction and tide were matching up perfectly to create some good walls and decent size. Little bumpy but definitely fun. Only bad thing was I dinged by magic 6'10" mini-gun. Bring on the big.

Phillipe- Haven't seen that Skieur yet. Yes I do like to write fuck it's one of the most useful words in the English language. Fuck the fucking fuckers or my favorite Candian saying, Fucking fuckers fucked, eh?