backcountry.com clothing

just curious on how their sizing runs as compared to the big names....specifically sleeve length. their shift sofshell jacket comes up every now and then on s/c, looks sweet.

I'm 6'2" 195lbs, and wear a large in pretty much everything. I've got the wool hooded jacket and the siphon zip hoody in size large. They fit in a snug athletic kind of cut, which I like for most of my stuff. I tried on the shift and the rime jackets and they have a similar fit as well. They're sized very similar to the older Arc'teryx sizing from a few years ago (I've heard the newer sizes are rather large).

Haven't tried any of their gear, but I'd bet money that their new eVent line fits a lot like Westcomb...

I have the rime in a medium and it is a bit tighter fit than most "true" mediums. I wanted a slightly tighter fit though so I like it. Arm length is fine. the cuff comes to the middle of the back of my hand. Not too short, not too long.

Rime pullover medium : WTB

Are you still selling rime pullover in medium?
    please txt 347 3O7 5968

Quote Originally Posted by paulmadry View Post
    please txt 347 3O7 5969
    Damn... just missed out on this.

2nd Dibs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

WTB rime M

please txt 347 3O7 5968

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    I have the rime in a medium and it is a bit tighter fit than most "true" mediums. I wanted a slightly tighter fit though so I like it. Arm length is fine. the cuff comes to the middle of the back of my hand. Not too short, not too long.

Oh dear...

How have screen caps of the resulting text strings not been posted yet?

Disappointed. I sense slippage.

please txt 347 3O7 5968
    Yea he’s probably still got it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure if this is entirely relevant to this thread, but I had bad luck with a Stoic (backcountry.com in-house brand) piece.

I was looking to replace a sweet Moonstone, power-stretch-pro hoody (which had been my go-to midlayer for all things skiing), which had survived for a very long time, but was kinda done. When I received the Stoic hoody, I was happy - looked like a perfect replacement. But when I took it skiing, it turned out to have, like, zero insulation properties (despite being considerably bulkier than the Moonstone). Obviously it was not authentic PSP. So I relegated it to casual, farting around town duties. Even with that light usage...zippers failed, stitching failed, and before long, the fabric itself failed (developed a 6" split, below where the hood was sewn on - NOT on a seam, just right in the middle of the fabric - this thing was not tight-fitting or anything).

This is a sample of 1, so YMMV. And there are TGR posts praising Stoic. And I have no idea if Stoic stuff is really related to backcountry.com-branded stuff. Love backcountry.com (great selection, great customer service, etc.). But my experience with Stoic junk was dismal, so just throwing that into the mix.

please txt 347 3O7 5968
    Check back when Andromeda starts to engulf the Milky Way, he may be more willing to negotiate then.