Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Free accomodation in the swiss alps.

Whats the deal?. Nothings ever for free.

True, but if you Like the idea of skiing the Swiss Alps. You might find this interesting.

If you ve looked at the ads for working Europe. you'll figure out you wont get much skiing done.

This is something different.

Our deal is this , work for 2.5 days a week play the rest its, that simple.

We are a british family of 4 living in switzerland, we have a private luxury chalet that we use on the weekends and swiss school holidays.

We would like to find a chalet helper/ chalet couple to look after it (and us) for the winter season, not just as house keepers but people who love to ski as well.

What that means is you work on weekends then get to ski or do your own thing for the other 5 days of the week of the week.

Typically we would arrive most weekends on a friday night, and leave Sunday evening. We would expect you to do regular household chores, cooking, cleaning, occasional child minding and pre grommit teaching, and other helpful activities ensuring our stress free weekend. In return you get a whole week to do what you like. (Ski).

Occasionally we may have house guests, and school holidays mean we would stay for longer periods which is an extra work load, but not a disaster.

The chalet is in a well known resort in central Switzerland. Local Skiing (70 km sq) is literaly 50 yards from your door. Other famous ski areas such as Engleberg, Wengen, Grindlewald, Murren , Gstaad, Andermatt,Adelboden are within easy reach.

Accomodation is inside the chalet in a fully segregated 2.5 room appartment.
    and at your disposal . During the week of course you can use the full facilities of this luxury chalet.

We like to hear from genuine applicants preferably a couple, naturally you should be capable of doing all tasks above without difficulty, or attitude.
    What you do in your own time up to you of course,

Hmm... do you allow/partake in freaky swinger skier sex parties a la Hot Dog?

If so, I might have a "friend" that's interested. He speaks British, is highly educatered, skis like he means it, and is no slouch when it comes to the wimmin.

I, I mean he, is a good chef as well.

If you prefer a couple, well, that can be arranged.

As for the kidlets, I guess they gotta learn this stuff sometime, right? Might as well be in the comfort of their own home with proper adult supervision and guidance.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

I would love to do it, so long as its acceptable to harbor terrorists and flow drugs + money out of the 2.5 room apartment.

(Terrorists and blow is much easier on kids than swingers.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

you know I hadnt even thought about the benefits of have a sexually deviant drug crazed criminal lunatic look after my kids and make my life stress free.
    Please submit your application to : Santa Claus@Dreamsarefree.north.pole

For the rest of you, genuine interest only , I really find it pointless having a battle of wits with unarmed combatents.

Nix

how's being clever working out for you? you seem quite pleased with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    you know I hadnt even thought about the benefits of have a sexually deviant drug crazed criminal lunatic look after my kids and make my life stress free.
    Please submit your application to : Santa Claus@Dreamsarefree.north.pole

For the rest of you, genuine interest only , I really find it pointless having a battle of wits with unarmed combatents.

Nix
    Hi Nix. You must have made a typo or something because this email address comes back as undeliverable.

No Way,? ... Well It works for me, I even got a reply.

I really find it pointless having a battle of wits with unarmed combatents.
    That'll be 'combatants'.

Happy to help. Moran.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Oh thanks Roo, sorry I wasnt really concentrating.

I will win this battle of wits (and this awesome job complete with freakydeaky pulversexxx action with a side of cooking and cleaning) for I have built up an immunity to iocane powder!

Now who's laughing and who's dead? That'd be me, and you, respectively!

Now that you're dead, can you will the chalet to me? I don't want the kids though.

The Bonin Petrels

How about benefits - ski pass, use of your Renault, etc. I was going to ask about the dental plan but I remembered you're British. . . .

In all seriousness, I might look somewhere besides TGR for people to ensure your stressfree weekends. Most of the people around here would be a mix of "Weekend at Bernie's" and "Last Exit to Brooklyn."
    Last edited by JoeStrummer; 11-01-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Hugh Conway Guest
    British? Skiing will entail shaking in the base station of the gondola from your massive hangover followed by a ride up and puking in the midstation?

How's the tgr welcome feel?

Sounds like a sweet opportunity for someone and their girl. I'm sure someone will be all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    How about benefits - ski pass, use of your Renault, etc. I was going to ask about the dental plan but I remembered you're British. . . .

i was going to ask too, but then i remembered that i'm a dentist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

Switzerland is full of chalets owned by uber-rich London and Geneva bankers. Rumor goes that that the private chalet hosts spend most of midweek getting laid in the hot tub and raiding the drinks cabinet. However if your reliable and guarantee to clean the jizz stains off the curtains before each and every weekend its probably not a bad offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish_Skier View Post
    Switzerland is full of chalets owned by uber-rich London and Geneva bankers. Rumor goes that that the private chalet hosts spend most of midweek getting laid in the hot tub and raiding the drinks cabinet. However if your reliable and guarantee to clean the jizz stains off the curtains before each and every weekend its probably not a bad offer...
    Correct! There are jobs like that, they are for real. I never did one but know plenty who did (although I did something similar on a big yacht). They can be awesome or a nightmare, depends totally on the attitude, personality and expectations of the people you work for. Some are chilled out and lovely, others loved making their employees lives hell.

I remember one girl being made to fetch the employer's daughter's toboggan from way up the hill where she had left it before the lifts closed. Poor girl trekked up there at night after finishing cooking, got home after midnight to find that the daughter had known where it was all along (hidden in the garden) and had lied about it to make sure life was shitty for the employee. Parents' response: "Isn't our daughter wonderful"...

When I was working in Verbier one of the girls (who happened to have very distinctive red hair) who did this job got into a load of trouble when her owner's jacuzzi broke down. When the repair man pulled out loads of short, curly, red hair mixed up with black pubes from the blocked filter it became pretty obvious what had been going on. Apparently the owner found it pretty hilarious but his wife didn't...

I'm in Crans, if that works. I can even fit your ski boots...When I'm not working fifty hour weeks just to pay for the food I need to stay alive.
    Last edited by jwolter7; 11-02-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    They can be awesome or a nightmare, depends totally on the attitude, personality and expectations of the people you work for.
    You dont think the attitude thing might go 2 ways?
    I dont really get why this post has attracted so much abuse.
    Still the offer stands but Im beginning to think that TGR Forum may not be the right place to find people interested. Still, No harm done.

I wouldnt take it personally. Though you obviously havent read much of the other cr@p that gets posted here.

The demographic your looking for is a work shy, semi-alcoholic, deviant with some reasonable social skills and a passion for skiing.... I guess your in the right place then.

behind a camera, making other people look good
    Yeah this probably isnt the best place to look for someone... Altho, its a redic offer for sure. Try craigslist? Just a thought...

You dont think the attitude thing might go 2 ways?
    Still the offer stands but Im beginning to think that TGR Forum may not be the right place to find people interested. Still, No harm done.
    No attempt to abuse you at all. I would have jumped at a job like that a few years ago (almost tempted now!)

I hadn't actually realised that it was you who is looking for the staff (thought it was a cross post from elsewhere). Wouldn't have been quite so scathing about (some of) the people who take on private chalet staff if I'd bothered to read your post properly. I wasn't intending to be rude to you so apologies if it's how I came across.

And anyway, your message sounds pretty laid back so you don't sound like the type to abuse your staff. Just watch out if you get a flaming red-head apply.

And as for me, I was just... how do you say.... "taking the piss". Minor abuse, just because you were a one-post JONG and I needed to belittle someone to feel better about myself.

But I have built up a resistance to iocane powder so I beg of you, don't get into a battle of wits with me or you will end up a corpse on a hillside next to a goblet.

The Bonin Petrels

Wink

Don't mess with hop. He goes toe-to-toe with Sicilians, especially when death is on the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Its kind of a shame though as you might be putting people off by trashing what really I think is a pretty fair offer.

Great offer, I wish I could take you up on it. This is my one chance ever to be a ski bum and I decided to move to salt lake. After this season, fiddle commitments will rule supreme... Good luck!