Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Older front loaders you need to leave the door cracked when not in use so everything can evaporate so they won't stink. If they do reek, the stank is usually in the creases of the door seal gasket, get in there with a diluted bleach solution, there's probably some nastiness built up in there.
    Ours is two years new. It gets the funk too.

Ours is about the same age and they redesigned it so there's a drain up in there and you can keep the door shut, I figured they must all be like that now but obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Have you unplugged the hose and drained out the stink juice? Should be a flap on bottom left and a tube to drain, put out a shallow pan or bowl and let it drain.

I always leave my front loader door cracked a bit out of habit. No stink. It cleans better than a top loader in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    vinegar and water works to destank as well
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Fire cleanses most odors too.
    I still call it The Jake.

butt it creates new ones
    watch out for snakes

Yes, I am well aware of the measures one has to take, I know where the drain and filter are, etc. And we have a string and hook to keep the door open to the right position. It is behind a bathroom door and the washer door itself doesn't have enough hold open positions built in to also allow operation of the bathroom door.

My objection is that it was stated above that the older ones stank and the newer ones don't. That's a lie. A big lie. And I want to shout out a big fuck you to the manufacturers for not designing meaningful mitigation of the stank factor. I shouldn't have to drain the thing and run a cleaning cycle every two weeks, in addition to wiping out the rubber seal. Fix it in hardware guys, not wetware.

I dunno man, I think it's like other things I could mention...some of them stank and others are delightfully fresh. Sorry you got a stanky one.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I dunno man, I think it's like other things I could mention...some of them stank and others are delightfully fresh. Sorry you got a stanky one.
    Heh

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone know of a washer that actually cleans clothes and just doesn't massage them like the dumb new school ones? Why don't they have a plastic cylinder in the middle to rotate the clothes around anymore, or do they? Do I need a front load washer to make clean clothes happen these days? We have a fancy Maytag and I set it to deep wash and extra rinse and STILL the fucking soap is all over my black clothes and I'm going insane.....
    You are using too much soap

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums