Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    You could try calling the folks at chriscoffee.com

They've been really good at trouble shooting a few issues ive had in the past.
    thanks, message sent to them

Anyone have a lead on any solid deals these days? Just need a decent home unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Anyone have a lead on any solid deals these days? Just need a decent home unit.
    Budget?
    Uno mas

i need to get on this train too; let’s go $250-500

for a new machine, with warranty and free shipping, fair deals

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/brevilleauth...CDoBSer6dbvM8c

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Budget?
    I’m with shroom - 250 to 500 sounds reasonable for something I use everyday without feeling like I got taken for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

espresso making mags?

Gaggia Classic perhaps your best bet in this price range but your also looking at a hefty grinder cost if not already in possession. Maybe go super automatic if a grinder is needed. All depends on how deep in the rabbit hole you are. Semi-automatic like the Classic will be a better shot. Prosumer takes it all to another level and price point. Where you money goes at these ridiculous prices is quality, no doubt, but also longevity.
    Last edited by Doremite; 03-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    Uno mas

im with everyone else, went into it thinking $500 and all told ended up closer to $1000. gaggia mdf (350 ?) and heavily modified classic (pid, weekly timer, 1/4 copper tubing preheat coil, bpv relocate, rancilio steam wand). i need some new baskets and or showerplate thing but i dont use it as much these days to justify them.

when you get it dialed in it beats a drive to buttfucks anyday

Gaggia classic is my call as well. $350 for a simple design that prioritizes the pressure required for a decent shot. I’ve had mine for at least 3-4 yrs. now and it’s been good.

I use a manual ceramic burr grinder since it’s just me and I use a milk frother. Yes, sacrilege to some.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i need to get on this train too; let’s go $250-500
    https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/orde...rome-c-refresh

However many are in a shit ton.

If you get those Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupons in the mail, that’s a decent option. They still work on the excluded brands and when expired.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Right now I'm rocking the Rancillio Sylvia and my neighbor is rocking some 2K+ eyetalian machine

but before upgrading I and my neighbor were using the Breville Roma

IME its not a bad M/C for pretty cheap
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Got a Rancilio Rocky grinder since getting the right grind is at least 1/2 the battle. Bought a used Expobar Pulsar which has been awesome! Thing makes $$$ espresso, is reasonable on Ebay, pretty bomber, and as a heat exchange machine can brew and steam at the same time. To me the biggest benefit of this was that I don't have to hunt for the right temp water as I did with my old Rancilio Sylvia. When you get the water temp right that thing was good, but it was pretty rare.

Yummy!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I’m with shroom - 250 to 500 sounds reasonable for something I use everyday without feeling like I got taken for a ride.
    I think I still have something similar to that Gaggia that we replaced with an automated Delonghi machine.

It was lightly used and should be boxed up in the garage somewhere.

Would let you have it for way less than $250.

Let me check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Eccchhh
    Capsules are the espresso version of keurig coffee
    . . .

500 seems crazy unless you have one a few times a week.

3xweek, 150 a year, unit paid for in 1 year

My gaggia died after 7 years, sent it in for a 150 rebuild, still rocking 5 years after
    . . .

espresso making mags?

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Got a Rancilio Rocky grinder since getting the right grind is at least 1/2 the battle. Bought a used Expobar Pulsar which has been awesome! Thing makes $$$ espresso, is reasonable on Ebay, pretty bomber, and as a heat exchange machine can brew and steam at the same time. To me the biggest benefit of this was that I don't have to hunt for the right temp water as I did with my old Rancilio Sylvia. When you get the water temp right that thing was good, but it was pretty rare.

Yummy!
    Expobar Office Lever + Rocky here. Used daily and I’ve got no complaints.... Not a cheap set up by any means but money well spent. That said the Rocky was given to me used and Office Lever was on sale so got away relatively “cheap.”
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I think I still have something similar to that Gaggia that we replaced with an automated Delonghi machine.

It was lightly used and should be boxed up in the garage somewhere.

Would let you have it for way less than $250.

Let me check.
    Thanks Brit. I thought my Gaggia had died but a bit of descaler and a thorough clean has it serviceable again. Going to see if she performs this week.

https://www.google.com/search?q=capr...w=1366&bih=632

if you want a cheaper burr grinder I been using this Capresso 560 infinity for >5 yrs and it seems to be pretty bomber, it has 16 grind options but I pretty much only use the 4 finest positions
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone want a lightly used delonghi ec702

Make a reasonable offer plus shipping/pick up and it's yours.

I have that or a very similar model that died last fall. I did find it a little problematic w fine grounds. Tempted though

If I recall correctly we replaced the weird original basket and it ran a lot better.

Chris' coffee having a 15% off sale machines. Now they are merely very pricey.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/sale-s/8367.htm
    In with the 9.

Anyone here use a Breville Barista Express? Seems that's the one that comes out on top on most reviews sites in the price range I'm considering.

Also, how much of a pain in the ass is a home machine? I'm pretty big on setting up the drip coffee maker the night before so that all I have to do is flip on the switch and wait, but I do enjoy good espresso. Wife works from home and says she misses being able to make a mid morning latte on the office machine.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Anyone here use a Breville Barista Express? Seems that's the one that comes out on top on most reviews sites in the price range I'm considering.

Also, how much of a pain in the ass is a home machine? I'm pretty big on setting up the drip coffee maker the night before so that all I have to do is flip on the switch and wait, but I do enjoy good espresso. Wife works from home and says she misses being able to make a mid morning latte on the office machine.
    For that price/product category, there's nothing that really competes with Breville for machine quality and durability, brew quality and control, and simple and straight forward functionality.

Although tonnes of wanna-be-baristas will likely chime in and tell you to buy some finicky, unrlaible, 20 year old Italian made machine, ya know, for the fashionable street cred.

But if you're looking for a quality functional piece rather than a show-off look-at-me peice, Breville does good utilitarian work.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point