Check Out Our Shop
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65
Results 1,601 to 1,619 of 1619
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Do you use a Jetboil stove for camping?
    They sell a French Press adapter that is compact, just tell the kids its pour over, wtf do they know.
    No, we have a camper with a proper stove and kettle. I don't like french press coffee nearly as much as drip, and I want to make coffee for the day once, into a thermal carafe. French press would require at least 2 pots each morning.

I'm not trying to figure out how to make coffee while camping. I have a setup, this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12317__27527.1683044096.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	493829

It makes coffee I am happy with in a quantity I am happy with. I am just trying to have the coffee setup take up less space in the camper cabinet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think you win the first world problem of the day.

Ok, thanks for the help.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Cross-posting because this thread was right at the top when I posted in the other thread, and there's coffee people in here!

Looking for a collapsible coffee filter cone for camping (for pour-over, as kids these days call it).

BUT, all of the ones I see are for single cup or small pots; the largest I have see fits a #4 filter, which works sorta but isn't ideal. We want to be able to make a large pot (directly into a thermos), so using something like a #6 filter. Any ideas?
    It’s pretty obvious what you want is to run 2 pour overs at the same time. It’ll make better coffee. It’ll go quicker. You can make it directly into your gigantic thermoses without needing to go into a huge 100oz tub first.
    I’ve watched bougie cafes do pour over into multiple pourovers at a time. It’s like the hibachi of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No, we have a camper with a proper stove and kettle. I don't like french press coffee nearly as much as drip, and I want to make coffee for the day once, into a thermal carafe. French press would require at least 2 pots each morning.

I'm not trying to figure out how to make coffee while camping. I have a setup, this:

Name:	12317__27527.1683044096.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	493829

It makes coffee I am happy with in a quantity I am happy with. I am just trying to have the coffee setup take up less space in the camper cabinet.
    Can you solve this by packing things, maybe coffee beans, in and around the cone? If this is a packing problem it's only a problem until the empty space is filled.

Man came in here with a specific question and he’s gotten an answer to every question but the one he asked.

My googlefu says what you seek doesn’t exist. Maybe the closest is this shitty wire thing.

https://a.co/d/gUgUeOV

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

espresso making mags?

This just in: Man asks how to brew a 60oz batch of coffee in a thread about brewing 3oz or less at a time, is unsatisfied by replies.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Man came in here with a specific question and he’s gotten an answer to every question but the one he asked.
    Join date says 2010, but, what the hell? Welcome to le TRG!

I prefer to think of it as respecting his process, but jackattack does call that into question.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    This just in: Man asks how to brew a 60oz batch of coffee in a thread about brewing 3oz or less at a time, is unsatisfied by replies.
    Lol, well played

how about the micro dosing thread where everyone just posts about getting really fcuked up instead of about microdosing where you don't getfucked up ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Had a bit of a scare on Sat when I woke up to cold Mara X with all lights blinking. The boiler wasn't filling properly, and the machine was timing out. YT helped with troubleshooting things, looked like a stuck or dead solenoid valve. I figured it was worth taking a look since having a Lelit serviced in SLC would probably mean 6 weeks without coffee. I have heard that these E61 groups are pretty idiot-proof and easy to work on, which is kinda true. The plumbing is straightforward, and the electrical isn't too complex, but everything is so packed together that I had to dismantle about 1/2 of the innards to get to the suspect valve. Got lucky as there was some scale build up in there and it locked the solenoid in the closed position. A bit of scraping and some vinegar and everything was back to normal.

Our water is fairly soft at baseline. It comes out of the fridge filter and goes through the in-tank filter as well. Yet 1.5 years in the machine is probably overdue for a descaling. Lesson learned on that front, don't trust your water hardness.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Had a bit of a scare on Sat when I woke up to cold Mara X with all lights blinking. The boiler wasn't filling properly, and the machine was timing out. YT helped with troubleshooting things, looked like a stuck or dead solenoid valve. I figured it was worth taking a look since having a Lelit serviced in SLC would probably mean 6 weeks without coffee. I have heard that these E61 groups are pretty idiot-proof and easy to work on, which is kinda true. The plumbing is straightforward, and the electrical isn't too complex, but everything is so packed together that I had to dismantle about 1/2 of the innards to get to the suspect valve. Got lucky as there was some scale build up in there and it locked the solenoid in the closed position. A bit of scraping and some vinegar and everything was back to normal.

Our water is fairly soft at baseline. It comes out of the fridge filter and goes through the in-tank filter as well. Yet 1.5 years in the machine is probably overdue for a descaling. Lesson learned on that front, don't trust your water hardness.
    Lol yeah I have replaced a stuck solenoid on e61s before. Great to own a machine you can work on, but working on it tried the limits of my very limited mechanical ability.

Fleaches hooked me up with a fancy whirly gig thing for WDT, and it does an incredible job w/puck distribution and needling. Thanks dude!!

Coffee is the inimitable Finca Kilimanjaro natural.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

espresso making mags?

Ooo fancy

Snack time

Name:	IMG_4767.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	493959

I had some luck with the milk this morning. Baby steps.

Name:	IMG_4763.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	493960

Pretty good coffee day so far, even if the yearling did wake at 4:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Lol yeah I have replaced a stuck solenoid on e61s before. Great to own a machine you can work on, but working on it tried the limits of my very limited mechanical ability.

Fleaches hooked me up with a fancy whirly gig thing for WDT, and it does an incredible job w/puck distribution and needling. Thanks dude!!

Coffee is the inimitable Finca Kilimanjaro natural.

Does the green thing make a difference?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

looks like a hand op burr grinder ? just give us the name or a link

re; fixing a M/C : when my Rancillio packed it in after some 18000 espressos the quote was almost what I paid for the M/ C cuz the shipping to vangroovy was gona be 2-300 $

but the price for a new M/C had gone up 500$ and so it made financiql sense to have the pro's fix it

yes the green thing makes a difference

it's not a hand grinder it's a spirograph for WDT and puck distribution

i had a spirograph when i was 10 and they were fun

I'm thinking this ^^ is not that

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    looks like a hand op burr grinder ? just give us the name or a link
    Search "6 core grinder" or "7 core grinder" on aliexpress.
    I can't link a specific one, because they change all the time, but you'll see a bunch of grinders all machined from a big chunk of aluminum billet and all using the same grinding burrs. Some have replaceable burrs. Some even let you adjust the grind from the outside.
    "Timemore" is the brand that gets sold on Amazon for a 100% markup over the ones on aliexpress.
    The standard ones you find on ebay and amazon have a 5-core burr, which will barely grind fine enough for espresso.
    The 6-core will grind so fine that it bricks up my machine and I don't get a shot. It has fine enough adjustment to get the time per shot correct on all the coffees I've tried so far.
    The 7-core should grind even finer if you like Turkish coffee, but I haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yes the green thing makes a difference

it's not a hand grinder it's a spirograph for WDT and puck distribution

Distribution envy
    Uno mas