Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1553
    Rwanda Nyamasheke Kamina Washed - this coffee is a truly exceptional washed coffee from Rwanda, tastes like key lime pie and jasmine and clean simple sugar. I roasted it to a true light roast, and pulled a 25g shot over 97 seconds with 18g in.

Absolutely exceptional. Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Rwanda Nyamasheke Kamina Washed - this coffee is a truly exceptional washed coffee from Rwanda, tastes like key lime pie and jasmine and clean simple sugar. I roasted it to a true light roast, and pulled a 25g shot over 97 seconds with 18g in.

Wow! That looks and sounds freaking awesome. Unique for certain. Is that something commercially available or is it a tgapp special roast?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Couple months back, I finally got around to getting a single wall basket for my little Bambino Plus, along with a really nice dosing funnel. Both of those things have been very nice improvements. The baskets made it much easier to dial in my grounds and such, and the funnels helped me actually keep all my grounds where they should be so I can keep the right amount in while I stir up with my janky paper clip WDT tool. Results have improved for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Couple months back, I finally got around to getting a single wall basket for my little Bambino Plus, along with a really nice dosing funnel. Both of those things have been very nice improvements. The baskets made it much easier to dial in my grounds and such, and the funnels helped me actually keep all my grounds where they should be so I can keep the right amount in while I stir up with my janky paper clip WDT tool. Results have improved for sure.

nice yeah amazing how such cheap workflow improvements make a huge difference. for me it's a $3 dissection needle but I wouldn't hesitate to use a paperclip, all my paperclips just end up being bowl pokers

and yeah dude light roasted espresso is a bitch to dial in without flow control so it might not be the best bet for you but if you send me your address I'll mail you some beans that should work well

The crema on that looks dope tgapp.

Just brewed my last of that Yemeni on a dreary, chilly morning here in Denver. Even after this long off roast it still needed significant bloom time. That was an incredible bag of coffee. Thanks dude.

bleh I made another one but loosened up the grind (went from like an 11.5 to a 14 on the Niche) for God knows why and ended up at 48g over 85 seconds and it was watery and uncompelling and just not nearly as fucking good, whatever, now I'm over caffeinated and I want the original one back

And yeah doebedoe, Yemeni coffee is fucking dope, I'm keeping an eye out for that Special Red lot again and I will absolutely buy more of it

Tgapp (or anyone else...):

any thoughts on "Turbo Espresso" shots? original videos from last summer, but getting some more traction recently. The basic idea is loosen the grind, bump the pump pressure down to 6 bar, and pump out a 2.5 or 3 to 1 shot in under 20 seconds. Seems so counterintuitive, and takes away some of the texture of a slow-pulled shot, but the taste/extraction reviews are very positive...

Did Science Just Reinvent Espresso? - YouTube
    IS THIS THE FUTURE OF ESPRESSO?: What Is and How to Dial In a Turbo Shot. - YouTube
    Technical Paper

nice yeah amazing how such cheap workflow improvements make a huge difference. for me it's a $3 dissection needle but I wouldn't hesitate to use a paperclip, all my paperclips just end up being bowl pokers

and yeah dude light roasted espresso is a bitch to dial in without flow control so it might not be the best bet for you but if you send me your address I'll mail you some beans that should work well

Wow! That would be rad! Thanks!!!

bleh I made another one but loosened up the grind (went from like an 11.5 to a 14 on the Niche) for God knows why and ended up at 48g over 85 seconds and it was watery and uncompelling and just not nearly as fucking good, whatever, now I'm over caffeinated and I want the original one back

And yeah doebedoe, Yemeni coffee is fucking dope, I'm keeping an eye out for that Special Red lot again and I will absolutely buy more of it

I'll have my kid bring you back some if the AF sends him to Yemen again. (Are blood beans anything like blood diamonds?)

That’s a slow mover. I can see why you bumped the grind but too big a swing I guess. Glad the slow mover resulted in glory!
    Uno mas

That’s a slow mover. I can see why you bumped the grind but too big a swing I guess. Glad the slow mover resulted in glory!
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Why? Just not sure this will create a more enjoyable drinking experience. I will stay tuned for the TR.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Expobar. I’ve owned two office levers. I am sure the brewtus is a killer set up.
    It tasted like…. Cold brewed espresso. I’m not sure how else to put it but the mellow flavor you get from cold brew? It tastes like that but with espresso. Both the wife and I agreed we liked traditional espresso better. I guess if you are really into / used to cold brew, this is a good way to quickly make cold brew.

My green bean supply is dwindling down. Anyone made any recent purchases they like?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    My green bean supply is dwindling down. Anyone made any recent purchases they like?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    that's a question for the coffee roasting thread jong

Royal just landed in three coffees from Galo Morales, none of which I've had, but all of Galo's coffee is exceptional and I would buy without question. I'm eyeing his natural that Royal is carrying right now

New appliance day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1488.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	421180

Too Lelit to Quit. Enjoy!
    Uno mas

18.6 in, 60g out in 70s

Name:	IMG_1502.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	421612

Ethiopian DP Shantawene - strawberries and dark chocolate. A little overextracted but better than anything I’ve ever had in town and it can only get better from here. By that measure the Bianca is money well spent.

nice work

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    18.6 in, 60g out in 70s

Name:	IMG_1502.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	421612

Ethiopian DP Shantawene - strawberries and dark chocolate. A little overextracted but better than anything I’ve ever had in town and it can only get better from here. By that measure the Bianca is money well spent.
    Hell yeah dude, that looks delicious! Well done.

I like single origin espresso from dry processed coffees to be slightly blonded (over extracted) just like in your shot, since a little bitterness can balance what would otherwise be a big bodied, chocolate/fruit bomb. Ymmv obviously.

---

I've been rocking an Ecuadorian Galo Morales coffee that Jackattack hooked me up with as a single origin espresso, and it's really incredible. Galo Morales is my absolute favorite grower in Ecuador, and this espresso is like strawberry shortcake with this huge, creamy mouth feel. 18.5g in, 36g out, 65 seconds, 202f.

I've also got about 1.5lbs through my new Weber key. I can't say it's necessarily any better than my Niche Zero (ex ended up with that), but I am getting some phenomenally tasty shots out of it

Did you get the Galo from Royal? Is it the washed or the natural? That looks delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAlltheTime View Post
    Did you get the Galo from Royal? Is it the washed or the natural? That looks delicious.
    https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097000013083031/

It says it's a natural but everyone on home-barista seems to think that it's an anaerobic natural. I tend to agree.

Amazing coffee, fuck me.

espresso making mags?

https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097000013083031/

It says it's a natural but everyone on home-barista seems to think that it's an anaerobic natural. I tend to agree.

Amazing coffee, fuck me.

Tgapp, what’s up w the 202? Didn’t you up the auto set by 2 degrees? You from DC? Sorry on the Niche.

Jack, shoot around 40-45g out in the same extraction time window. 60g a bit long in my world but it’s a blank canvas.
    Uno mas

Tgapp, what’s up w the 202? Didn’t you up the auto set by 2 degrees? You from DC? Sorry on the Niche.

Jack, shoot around 40-45g out in the same extraction time window. 60g a bit long in my world but it’s a blank canvas.
    https://youtu.be/K_r5kpXPRYo

This pretty much explains the rationale, even if it's for drip brew methods. Generally speaking lighter roasted coffees work better with hotter water.

I basically found the setting where boiling water was coming out of the pump (204°f) and then backed off until the water was no longer boiling.

Yeah, I have been getting much closer to those numbers these last couple of days.

I pulled 4 shots today using tgapps flow control workflow that were baller and even tried out steaming milk for a couple lattes - every aspect of my technique remains underdeveloped. This lungo over ice yesterday afternoon was a thing of beauty though.

Name:	IMG_1506.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	421889

Been putting dark chocolate balsamic vinegar in my morning mocha. Highly recommend. As a bonus I've read balsamic can lower blood pressure.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism