Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54
Results 1,326 to 1,339 of 1339
    Rwanda Nyamasheke Kamina Washed - this coffee is a truly exceptional washed coffee from Rwanda, tastes like key lime pie and jasmine and clean simple sugar. I roasted it to a true light roast, and pulled a 25g shot over 97 seconds with 18g in.

Absolutely exceptional. Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Rwanda Nyamasheke Kamina Washed - this coffee is a truly exceptional washed coffee from Rwanda, tastes like key lime pie and jasmine and clean simple sugar. I roasted it to a true light roast, and pulled a 25g shot over 97 seconds with 18g in.

Wow! That looks and sounds freaking awesome. Unique for certain. Is that something commercially available or is it a tgapp special roast?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Couple months back, I finally got around to getting a single wall basket for my little Bambino Plus, along with a really nice dosing funnel. Both of those things have been very nice improvements. The baskets made it much easier to dial in my grounds and such, and the funnels helped me actually keep all my grounds where they should be so I can keep the right amount in while I stir up with my janky paper clip WDT tool. Results have improved for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Couple months back, I finally got around to getting a single wall basket for my little Bambino Plus, along with a really nice dosing funnel. Both of those things have been very nice improvements. The baskets made it much easier to dial in my grounds and such, and the funnels helped me actually keep all my grounds where they should be so I can keep the right amount in while I stir up with my janky paper clip WDT tool. Results have improved for sure.

nice yeah amazing how such cheap workflow improvements make a huge difference. for me it's a $3 dissection needle but I wouldn't hesitate to use a paperclip, all my paperclips just end up being bowl pokers

and yeah dude light roasted espresso is a bitch to dial in without flow control so it might not be the best bet for you but if you send me your address I'll mail you some beans that should work well

The crema on that looks dope tgapp.

Just brewed my last of that Yemeni on a dreary, chilly morning here in Denver. Even after this long off roast it still needed significant bloom time. That was an incredible bag of coffee. Thanks dude.

bleh I made another one but loosened up the grind (went from like an 11.5 to a 14 on the Niche) for God knows why and ended up at 48g over 85 seconds and it was watery and uncompelling and just not nearly as fucking good, whatever, now I'm over caffeinated and I want the original one back

And yeah doebedoe, Yemeni coffee is fucking dope, I'm keeping an eye out for that Special Red lot again and I will absolutely buy more of it

Tgapp (or anyone else...):

any thoughts on "Turbo Espresso" shots? original videos from last summer, but getting some more traction recently. The basic idea is loosen the grind, bump the pump pressure down to 6 bar, and pump out a 2.5 or 3 to 1 shot in under 20 seconds. Seems so counterintuitive, and takes away some of the texture of a slow-pulled shot, but the taste/extraction reviews are very positive...

Did Science Just Reinvent Espresso? - YouTube
    IS THIS THE FUTURE OF ESPRESSO?: What Is and How to Dial In a Turbo Shot. - YouTube
    Technical Paper

nice yeah amazing how such cheap workflow improvements make a huge difference. for me it's a $3 dissection needle but I wouldn't hesitate to use a paperclip, all my paperclips just end up being bowl pokers

and yeah dude light roasted espresso is a bitch to dial in without flow control so it might not be the best bet for you but if you send me your address I'll mail you some beans that should work well

Wow! That would be rad! Thanks!!!

bleh I made another one but loosened up the grind (went from like an 11.5 to a 14 on the Niche) for God knows why and ended up at 48g over 85 seconds and it was watery and uncompelling and just not nearly as fucking good, whatever, now I'm over caffeinated and I want the original one back

And yeah doebedoe, Yemeni coffee is fucking dope, I'm keeping an eye out for that Special Red lot again and I will absolutely buy more of it

I'll have my kid bring you back some if the AF sends him to Yemen again. (Are blood beans anything like blood diamonds?)

Thatís a slow mover. I can see why you bumped the grind but too big a swing I guess. Glad the slow mover resulted in glory!
    Uno mas

Thatís a slow mover. I can see why you bumped the grind but too big a swing I guess. Glad the slow mover resulted in glory!
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Why? Just not sure this will create a more enjoyable drinking experience. I will stay tuned for the TR.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Expobar. Iíve owned two office levers. I am sure the brewtus is a killer set up.
    It tasted likeÖ. Cold brewed espresso. Iím not sure how else to put it but the mellow flavor you get from cold brew? It tastes like that but with espresso. Both the wife and I agreed we liked traditional espresso better. I guess if you are really into / used to cold brew, this is a good way to quickly make cold brew.

My green bean supply is dwindling down. Anyone made any recent purchases they like?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    My green bean supply is dwindling down. Anyone made any recent purchases they like?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    that's a question for the coffee roasting thread jong

Royal just landed in three coffees from Galo Morales, none of which I've had, but all of Galo's coffee is exceptional and I would buy without question. I'm eyeing his natural that Royal is carrying right now