This Years Ski Movies?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but which movies are worth buying this year? I already bought Such Is Life, Hunting Yeti and Journal. All 3 of these movies have way too much park and jibbing for my tastes. Under The Influence is on my list... but any other recommendations?

claim is worth buying a new hd tv and blu-ray
    it was great

I missed the under the influence permier for ullrfest, but i heard it was great film, just terrible music. This is second hand though
    Live

That's It That's All

Technically not a ski movie, and there is quite a bit of jibby snowboarding stuff, but the amazing cinematography totally makes it worthwhile. I'm not at all into the jibby stuff or snowboarding, but I'll definitely be buying it on blu-ray.

Got the HDTV, need blu-ray; however skis are on the top of my list

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    claim is worth buying a new hd tv and blu-ray
    it was great

I missed the under the influence permier for ullrfest, but i heard it was great film, just terrible music. This is second hand though
    ditto - I had a good time at claim

Influence had some pretty good skiing (good to see Morrison with a full part again), but the music sucked. I also felt like the skiing got kinda repetitive at times. Lots of "360's off of whatever with a little grab thrown in" - one right after another. All in all, it'd be a good movie to watch on mute with some (any) other music playing in the background.

Dammit, I wrote something up, now it's gone.. logged out.

Alright, in a nutshell I dug CLAIM, saw it in Whistler with hundreds of other drunk & stoned punks, but thought it was a bit over the top. The 'claim' gag got a bit tired. Other than that, the best shots were of McConkey throwing backflips at a resort and some ski-paragliding in the Alps that was near suicidal. That said, MSP is getting a tad gimmicky I feel, like last year's squirrel chuting. It's sick, and makes the movie, but the focus on the progression of their star riders just isn't up to what is going on in other films. MSP is all about the beauty faceshots. Funny thing is, there were a lot more trackmarks in this film .. compared to, say, PUSH, which remains my favourite recent MSP flick (Ski Movie I-III still hold it in my books for pure badass). I found the music a tad off too, too much generic rock.

It would be interesting to see MSP do a ski mountaineering film, as they keep including so much of it. But then I dig hearing the story of the ascent and descent, and seeing people climb .. getting the whole rundown. A lot of people don't, and just want MTV format sunny-as-fuck faceshots. And that is what MSP is good at delivering... a never ending faceshot cannon.

Imagine that.

I just saw under the influence last night, and while the opening sequence with Seth Morrison was super sick, the rest of the movie was kinda standard fare.
    I enjoyed the Powder Whores flick a lot better. Check them out.
    sigless.