Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Life sucks if you need to take a dump.

Now you control when you poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Spdfrk43 View Post
    Just wish the legs were 3/4 rather than full - cuffing the legs is getting annoying.
    Take it to a seamstress. A good one will charge you ten bucks or less to cut the legs down and sew the ends.

I think io bio makes one this year- with a trap door.

https://www.io-bio.com/product/mens-contact-pilot-suit

Looks too complicated. You might want to make sure you dump before get on the hill.

I have a Burton one piece thermal piece. I think it is a Shaun White from a few years ago, and I absolutely love it. Dropping duece is quite interesting thoguh

Stanfield's heavyweight wool
    weighs about 5 lbs in men's size l, triple that if you sweat much...

good for sedentary things in very cold weather, when the world turns into a magical fairyland because your eyelashes collect frost

i would never consider wearing them to ski though

The necropost is here

Hi guys. I tried mons royale monsie last year and really like the one piece idea for base layer. But sizing was wrong (the garment was bigger size than I needed), and it didn't work well. because of toooo relaxed fit it didn't soak moisture that good and I felt wet in some areas.

This year I want to go with one-piece base. I prefer merino+synthetic blend bases because they dry much faster than 100% merino. Quick search on backcountry and evo showed that currently only airblaster and norrona offer union suits that are made from such blends. Do someone use them? Could someone recommend me alternatives to them? What would you buy as a one piece for winter skiing + year use for hiking, lounging at home and cold weather outdoor workout/running?

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  3.9 KB

it's too casual

One Piece Base Layers

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Hi guys. I tried mons royale monsie last year and really like the one piece idea for base layer. But sizing was wrong (the garment was bigger size than I needed), and it didn't work well. because of toooo relaxed fit it didn't soak moisture that good and I felt wet in some areas.

This year I want to go with one-piece base. I prefer merino+synthetic blend bases because they dry much faster than 100% merino. Quick search on backcountry and evo showed that currently only airblaster and norrona offer union suits that are made from such blends. Do someone use them? Could someone recommend me alternatives to them? What would you buy as a one piece for winter skiing + year use for hiking, lounging at home and cold weather outdoor workout/running?
    I've had experience with several with mixed results.

Airblaster Hoodless Ninja Suit: No wool, medium weight, what I would consider to be a regular fit, maybe a little on the big side. Nice fabric, but some noticeable pilling after less than a full season of use. Good base layer weight, but by no means expedition. At under $100, a decent option, and decent toilet access.

SKINS Mens Dnamic Men's 1Pc Thermal Compression Suit: Junk. Save your money. Also, pee only access, and not warm.

NRS Expedition Union: Polartec Powerstretch pro. Really nice fabric, warmer than the Ninja Suit, but collar is kind of low, and fit is too slim (meant to be worn under a dry-suit). Not poop- friendly.

RAB Powerstretch pro bib: Again, really nice fabric, very warm, great trap door design. I'd describe the fit as normal. Only draw back I found was the lack of sleeves. Seems like if you're looking for a suit, it should cover your arms. This is like wearing thermal bottoms with a vest. The upside is, it's easy to wear with a base-layer shirt, and cut down on the frequency of washing for the suit.

So far I've found fit and function to be the best on the Ninja Suit, with the RAB taking 2nd due to the lack of sleeves. Others I'd consider are the Norrona Super One-Piece (PowerDry/PowerStretch) and Patagonia Capilene thermal weight one-piece suit. Both look like quality pieces, have pooping options, and are probably similar weight; warmer than the Ninja Suit, probably not as warm as the RAB or NRS. Norrona looks to be more ski-friendly with PowerStretch used below the knees and elbows for less bunching up with boots/gloves.

I also like old goat's suggestion, but would prolly make my ass look big.

I'd be willing to part with the Skins, NRS, and RAB (very lightly used) for a very reasonable price. Sizes medium and large, and I'd describe all as a somewhat generous medium, which suits my 5'-7", 165lb bulk.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 12-12-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I've had experience with several with mixed results
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Air-Blaster Merino Hooded oney and Air-Blaster Hooded Expedition weight (synthetic) oney are both winners.

One piece is the way to go.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I don’t see expedition weight in Air-Blatster’s line anymore, unless they consider the ninja suit to be expedition weight, which IMO it isn’t. If they made a powerstretch pro version of the ninja suit, that would cinch it for me.

It looks like a number of brands have tried carrying a one-piece, but have since dropped them from their lines. I’m guessing there isn’t high demand, but I think some real advantages. Plus old fucks are sensitive to the cold, and I need all the help I can get to keep moving.

Just bought a second Icebreaker One Sheep Suit. 100% merino, but with its buddy hugging fit and breathable panels under the arms, I stay drier than in my stinky, baggy Patagonia Capeline suit.

^^^ those Icebreaker ones look sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    ^^^ those Icebreaker ones look sweet.
    Heli worthy!

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

ScottyB rocks a one piece suit, mainly on the really kold dayz.
    watch out for snakes

Really like my aclima one piece http://www.aclima.no/products/warmwool/men/overall-3-4
    Love the hood that can be used as polo or not.
    3/4 legs ar great with alpine boots and the poop flap works OK, but that is the only downside with a onesie.
    Peeing is no problem with the long zipper and the smurf look is a bonus

I love my ninja suit so much i bought a 2nd one for 50% off due to pizza slices on it. So if you ever see one say hi. Good chance it's me.

Got one from Kask few years ago. Merino 300, but flap, dual front zipper, 3/4 legs make it fit perfectly with alpine boots. No hood, though. Put it on in really cold conditions, as it's too hot for most days.

Andrew

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speleo-Alpi...EAAOSw8DJaJG1w

So stumbled across this back in December. Seemed to address all the shortcomings of the other onsies I've tried, and although it took close to a month to ship from Russia, it's well worth the wait. Thicker and warmer than the RAB bib, and the mock collar and sleeves make it way more functional. Sizing appears to be EU, so might want to upsize one from US sizing. I went with XL/2XL, and the fit is maybe a little more relaxed than a US Large. That's probably the biggest drawback to the manufacturer and seller being in Russia; returns are a hassle, and exchanging sizes will probably take up to two months to complete.

The fabric is Polartec PowerStretch Pro 2, which IIRC is made in the US. Unfortunately apparently no manufacturers or retailers think there's a market for this kind of thing in the US.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  3.9 KB
    That looks... warm. Very warm...

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I've had experience with several with mixed results.

Airblaster Hoodless Ninja Suit: No wool, medium weight, what I would consider to be a regular fit, maybe a little on the big side. Nice fabric, but some noticeable pilling after less than a full season of use. Good base layer weight, but by no means expedition. At under $100, a decent option, and decent toilet access.

SKINS Mens Dnamic Men's 1Pc Thermal Compression Suit: Junk. Save your money. Also, pee only access, and not warm.

NRS Expedition Union: Polartec Powerstretch pro. Really nice fabric, warmer than the Ninja Suit, but collar is kind of low, and fit is too slim (meant to be worn under a dry-suit). Not poop- friendly.

RAB Powerstretch pro bib: Again, really nice fabric, very warm, great trap door design. I'd describe the fit as normal. Only draw back I found was the lack of sleeves. Seems like if you're looking for a suit, it should cover your arms. This is like wearing thermal bottoms with a vest. The upside is, it's easy to wear with a base-layer shirt, and cut down on the frequency of washing for the suit.

So far I've found fit and function to be the best on the Ninja Suit, with the RAB taking 2nd due to the lack of sleeves. Others I'd consider are the Norrona Super One-Piece (PowerDry/PowerStretch) and Patagonia Capilene thermal weight one-piece suit. Both look like quality pieces, have pooping options, and are probably similar weight; warmer than the Ninja Suit, probably not as warm as the RAB or NRS. Norrona looks to be more ski-friendly with PowerStretch used below the knees and elbows for less bunching up with boots/gloves.

I also like old goat's suggestion, but would prolly make my ass look big.

I'd be willing to part with the Skins, NRS, and RAB (very lightly used) for a very reasonable price. Sizes medium and large, and I'd describe all as a somewhat generous medium, which suits my 5'-7", 165lb bulk.
    To add to this, I have experience with the following one pieces. I'm 5'10" 165lb, tour 95%-plus of the time and run colder than all but one male that I've ever met:

1. Airblaster Ninja suit (synthetic). Medium. I'd call it an American fit -- baggy. I can layer underneath it. My least favorite of the what I've worn, even though it was the first. Rather thin and doesn't provide a lot of warmth.

2. Mons Royale Monsie (wool). Medium. Good, tight fit on quads but baggy on chest and calves. I love it, but it doesn't keep me especially warm. I limit it to warmer days and around the house although I've used it a few times with a skin tight crew neck underneath for extra warmth.

3. Icebreaker Zone One Sheep Suit (wool). Medium. I didn't need two wool one pieces, but I stumbled upon a sample on CL for $40 so gave it a punt. It's a better, slimmer fit than the Monsie. Warmer for the same reason. Works in a touch cooler conditions than Monsie but still not up to snuff when it's cold.

4. Noronna Super One Piece (synthetic). Medium. Best fit of the bunch. The stretchy fabric in key points is awesome as is the arm length (i.e. the arms are long). It keeps me much warmer than 1-3. I love it and used it 90% of the days in Japan this season. My only criticism is it's the thinnest Polartec so it doesn't work on the really cold days -- say -30*C and colder wind chill (-22F). If they made something thicker, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I checked out the wool version and it's similar to the Monsie and Icebreaker.

I've searched the world over for the (now-discontinued) Houdini One Piece to no avail as I think it has what I'd consider mid-weight polartec. After I saw this post, I decided to try the Russian onsie ("Ronsie"?) that bendtheski recommends above, but they were sold out for the season in my size. I do plan to buy it but that will have to wait for next season. I'm hoping that it will cover me on super cold days without causing me to overheat on the up.

Is there a onesie with a zip-thru crotch? I have a Pata with the back zipper like most others, and for me, it is useless for taking a dump. Maybe some pointers is all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Heli worthy!

Love this ^^^

but seriously...

Stansfield wool from swains --

commercial fishing gear , I live in for about five months...
    button. and an overlap backdoor. Warm.

it ain't Icebreaker style-y , but If you are lookin' for warm , I promise you...

and thanks for the laugh... ( Race boots and dps. I am old. )

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Live my onesie from here:
    https://corbeauxclothing.com/
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.