Thread: Split monoski

Split monoski

maybe with the coming of duke the monoskiers finally found a touring binding that doesnt explode after the first two turns. after this i can say i've seen it all. badass. this is badass.

need one.

Thumbs up

That absolutely kicks ass!

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Thank god, now I can go back to monoskiing. Resorts can't hold me anymore

Ha! thats pretty cool. Whoever's it is needs to check out splitboard.com I'm sure it would be a welcome sight. Props to the builder!

Not ashamed to admit I've considered it... but why not dynafits?

WTF is the point of the Voile plates in front and behind the bindings? Those only perform the purpose that the bindings do (or base plates) on bindings on a split snowboard. Dumb.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Probably needed to keep the two halves from flexing independently...
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Cool !
    I'm convinced it will explode sooner than later. Maybe not the bindings, but the clips. Or something else...
    But it's cool.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

i have always joked about dukes on my mono board.. guess its a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by keksie View Post
    Pretty cool, other than the fact that after all that effort,
    This dude is still not skiing fresh pow
    and is still skiing in the way back seat with his ass sticking out
    . . .

That's fucking funny bro. Now I know for sure who sniped me on that 190cm mono on e-bay! When we doing the haute route?
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    ......with his ass sticking out
    What are you talking about dude? He's French. They could never have too much ass sticking out...

Whitedot Freeride

Whenever I see a monoskier tearing down a slope, I kinda stare and don't know what to say or think.

It's kinda like pregnant stripper - you kinda feel sorry for them, but it kinda kicks ass.

Maybe thats not the best anology.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Quite possibly the best analogy ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

does power sawing a monoski in half actually work - no inside edges during the touring part?

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Whenever I see a monoskier tearing down a slope, I kinda stare and don't know what to say or think.

It's kinda like pregnant stripper - you kinda feel sorry for them, but it kinda kicks ass.

No, that is likely the best analogy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    WTF is the point of the Voile plates in front and behind the bindings? Those only perform the purpose that the bindings do (or base plates) on bindings on a split snowboard. Dumb.
    Not true.

the Voile track provides most of the torsional rigidity on a splitboard. The split hooks (chinese hooks, yin/yang hooks) provide some torsional rigidity, but it's the Voile track that keeps the two halves parallel.

Just ask anyone (ahem, like me) who has ripped out the Voile pucks or delaminated a splitboard while riding.

Looks pretty rad, I gotta put this one up on sb.com

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

need one.
    yeah, you need one badly. ^^

freak~[&]

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    What are you talking about dude? He's French. They could never have too much ass sticking out...
    I believe this guy is actually an American.. the snowshark monoski he's on is manufactered in the US at least. Yes they still make them, as does Duret and some other small companies.. twintips, carvers, swallowtails, all that shizzle, you name it! Don't ask me how I know all this, it's a bit too embarrassing

Too bad someone snatched that mono you were looking at.. I just got one (180cm with bindings) for 6,5e from ebay. I dont really have a fucking idea what it is but it says Rossignol and the description promises that it is a "good compromise between high speed (>120km/h) and fast turning"... alright alright.. oh yea and it's a pintail so shredding the pow (at > 120km/h) should be no problem! BRING IT ON! If you get one I promise to come to verb and we can form a TGR mono squad.. plus if you split them and get some touring bindings I'll do the first ever split-monoski haute route with you.

i laughed. hard.

Priceless

...plus if you split them and get some touring bindings I'll do the first ever split-monoski haute route with you.
    Did you see my 165cm? Too small to split I think, but maybe a good idea if we're going to do the HR... Which I think is an awesome idea.

Whitedot Freeride

I just got one (180cm with bindings) for 6,5e from ebay. I dont really have a fucking idea what it is but it says Rossignol and the description promises that it is a "good compromise between high speed (>120km/h) and fast turning"... alright alright.. oh yea and it's a pintail so shredding the pow (at > 120km/h) should be no problem! BRING IT ON!
    i hope i can see you split them and take them to lots and lots of monoski-first ascents in the tyrolean alps...
    but i still dont know if i really want to see you descending on those things

freak~[&]
    Last edited by freak; 10-26-2008 at 05:27 PM.