Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2618
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yes, heating the liner and stretch might help
    Does you heel feel like its moving around?
    If you are moving around in the 26 sounds like its too big/wide for you?
    Maybe a narrower 26 would be better? Or back to 25 and make more
    room in lenght?
    Background. I have been in technica Mach1 for two years and Dalbello krypton last year all in 25.5. I tried and tried to get more length but still ended up with big toe issues and some heel issues. But the top and side foot was performance.
    I measure to a 26.5. In the smax I have heel lift and started using the big foam tongues which keep my feet back in the heel and my big toes from rubbing. But the boot is roomy. I have very low instep but not very narrow.

One thought is an intuition liner? I liked the wrap around in the dalbello. Maybe a higher volume to take up room? I need the length of 26.5 but the fit of 25.5. Thoughts?
    Last edited by cl1953; 02-17-2023 at 09:51 PM.
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

1) sounds like you need a narrow 26?

2) Call intuition and ask for advice. Odds are a thick liner might help short term, but will pack out and you are back to point #1

my lange rx130s are on their last legs. time for new shells. im curious about going the plug route, but i spend so much time walking around for work and like gripwalk for that reason. is it possible to make plugs gripwalk-able or is that more trouble than it's worth?

I think in theory you can grind away the sole until you can screw on the gripwalk sole things, but the gripwalk soles have a 3D contact surface with the rest of the boot so that would be a hard grind job. Just grinding down and screwing in a flat piece of grippy rubber that is still 5355 spec is much easier

Has anyone successfully done a Hagelunds punch on a Hawx Ultra XTD? I have gone to 2 boot fitters and asked ONK and all have said it is not possible. But I read on here that GregL had done it, but thought it was a sketchier process because of the walk mechanism.

I think the right thing, but not the possible thing, to do here is punch the heel. But the only option would be to punch the toes for more room. I have also considered grinding down the boot board to lower the spur further into the pocket, but every boot fitter I have asked said this would not solve the problem and just induce heel lift.

Doing a shell check the boots are <5mm due to my bone spur, suppose the spur was gone then it would be 5 - 10mm.

I tried grinding down the boot board in my ultras and it got slightly better, but not good enough. And yes, I got more volume which I didn’t like. From my research grinding was a bad option because the plastic would just melt and punching would require similar amount on both sides to keep the walk mode lever angles right, or both boots to keep the forward lean right. I guess you need to find the right fitter ��

I gave up on mine because I was over flexing them as well which made the heel thing even worse (120 with mimic).

Quote Originally Posted by MacFive View Post
    Has anyone successfully done a Hagelunds punch on a Hawx Ultra XTD? I have gone to 2 boot fitters and asked ONK and all have said it is not possible. But I read on here that GregL had done it, but thought it was a sketchier process because of the walk mechanism.

I think the right thing, but not the possible thing, to do here is punch the heel. But the only option would be to punch the toes for more room. I have also considered grinding down the boot board to lower the spur further into the pocket, but every boot fitter I have asked said this would not solve the problem and just induce heel lift.

Doing a shell check the boots are <5mm due to my bone spur, suppose the spur was gone then it would be 5 - 10mm.
    I think it depends on the exact location and how much you need but I have punches in both heels of my XTDs for Hagelunds so it is at least theoretically possible.

Still noticeable if I get bucked around in chop a lot and, but on the day to day its pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    I think it depends on the exact location and how much you need but I have punches in both heels of my XTDs for Hagelunds so it is at least theoretically possible.

Still noticeable if I get bucked around in chop a lot and, but on the day to day its pretty good.

how far above is the punch relative to the walk mechanism? And how much affect did it have on the forward lean of the boot? From looking at the boot I think the punch would reduce the angle of forward lean.

how far above is the punch relative to the walk mechanism? And how much affect did it have on the forward lean of the boot? From looking at the boot I think the punch would reduce the angle of forward lean.
    Right next to it actually. Hard to get a shot that shows the full effect but you can still see the mark the bootfitter used to target the punch. Maybe 2-3mm at most.

Don't know if this is the direction you want to go,but in a similar fit with a Cochise 130 , I couldn't ever use the stock liners without serious Haglund pain and irritation ( two different versions of boot, 2013 and current) but with an intuition I have no issues there. The liner molded a perfect pocket for the Haglund.

I switched setups and feel like I’m in the backseat now and have to counter by skiing excessively over my tips. I don’t know if I need to change my ramp, delta, or forward lean. I think the boots have similar ramp and lean but the bindings have a very different delta. Help!

Old setup: Lange XT3 120s, Guardians, Sir Francis Bacons on the line

New setup: Atomic XTD Prime 130, Cast Pivot 15s, Sir Francis Bacons on the line

I have a pair of intuition pro liners, I am considering using those because of how thin the mimic liners are. But looking at Orions punch I would like to go down that road, I just need to find a boot fitter both skilled enough and willing to do the punch.

How tight fitting are your Cochise, and why not punch the heels out on that boot, iirc the boots walk mechanism is above the heel pocket?

I have a pair of intuition pro liners, I am considering using those because of how thin the mimic liners are. But looking at Orions punch I would like to go down that road, I just need to find a boot fitter both skilled enough and willing to do the punch.

How tight fitting are your Cochise, and why not punch the heels out on that boot, iirc the boots walk mechanism is above the heel pocket?
    I couldn't jive with the OG Cochise liner in my original boot at all, had all sorts of pressure points and rubbing around the Achilles that caused a retrocalcaneal bursitis and Achilles inflammation. The Intuition prowrap fixed that and the Haghlunds pressure right away, at twh expense of loss of ROM in walk mode and some upper shin pressure points.

I have the 22 Cochise now , also in a 27.5 with a pretty tight shell fit lengthwise on my right boot (about 5mm difference between right and left foot ). The stock liners cause severe instep pressure, and I could feel some Haghlunds pressure again, so I went back to the old wraps for now. Can likely make the new stock liners work with some work over the instep but haven't had the chance yet.

Switched from 27.5 Dalbello scorpion to 26.5 Il Moro. Lost a little length in the shell fit from probably 20mm to 15mm in left and probably 12mm in the right. Old boots had punched medial malleolus, nav, deltoid ligament for pronation reasons in both boots and to correct foot alignment in left boot (more aggressive punches for worse pronation).

I think the new boots need the same thing. Left foot alignment is off. Got pretty bad toe bang/pain in the right boot but it seems to be from pressure on the side of the toe, more so than front (I.e. bunion causing pressure, but without the bunion). Will punching the right boot inner ankle bring my right foot into better alignment with the toe box and stop the bang? I.e. rotate my forefoot into the longer part of the toe box? I don’t want to do a toe punch if it’s just going to allow my foot to continue to rotate and cause an alignment issue like I’ve got on the left boot. It feels like my toes are pushing into the corner instead of the end.

Would remolding the liners with toe caps be a better first step for the bang, to try and compress the heel pocket more? I’m aware that liners have a finite number of molds and don’t want to do a pile of work and end up with shit liners.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the answer to &quot;WTF is wrong with my boots?&quot;

Left foot is 285 long with a 310 instep.

Right foot is 295 long with a 325 instep.

Narrowish heel with considerable splay when standing.

Also have a bunion on the right foot at the first and fifth metatarsal from poor fitting boots.

Been in 98 lasted Lange RX120’s 28.5 with the big toe punched to accommodate the bunion. Ive been through 3 different boots/fitters but keep coming back to the Lange’s because they somewhat work. Problem is I cannot buckle the bottom two buckles at all without crushing the top of my foot.

The fitters in my area are not great and its going to be a while before I can and will travel to a reputable boot fitter. Looking for insight on boots to try.

I recently downsized to a pair of Salomon S/Max 120 with zipfits to deal with my very narrow legs, ankle and low instep. I was at Olympic Bootworks this morning and Buck mentioned that these were a high instep boot and the Tecnica Mach 1 LV is much lower. This seems very different from what I’ve heard on Blister reviews. Can anyone (GregL?) comment on this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skier2265 View Post
    I recently downsized to a pair of Salomon S/Max 120 with zipfits to deal with my very narrow legs, ankle and low instep. I was at Olympic Bootworks this morning and Buck mentioned that these were a high instep boot and the Tecnica Mach 1 LV is much lower. This seems very different from what I’ve heard on Blister reviews. Can anyone (GregL?) comment on this? Thanks!

The S/Max has one of the lowest insteps out there; much lower than the Technica.

The missus needs some boot help. She has a really hard to fit foot shape - Wide last, narrow heal and high arch (triangle shaped feet). She has been struggling with her boots the last couple of years and has started to hate skiing. She went to a bootfitter 2 years ago and they sold her a pair of Technica Mach 1 MV's. Current issue is the boots are too tight in the forefoot (very painful) and heel moves all over the place.

During the pandemic she picked up a pair of K2 Mindbender's to try backcountry. She has issues with these too, mostly on downhill.

She got both boots at different shops (Larsons and Powder7 in Denver area) and worked with their bootfitters a couple of times, but still very painful. In the past (20 years ago), she skied a Technica Youth boot without pain and was a decent skier. It's been a rough go trying to get back into it after kids.

My question is will either of these boots potentially work with her foot shape, with some more bootfitting?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Left foot is 285 long with a 310 instep.

Right foot is 295 long with a 325 instep.

Narrowish heel with considerable splay when standing.

Also have a bunion on the right foot at the first and fifth metatarsal from poor fitting boots.

Been in 98 lasted Lange RX120’s 28.5 with the big toe punched to accommodate the bunion. Ive been through 3 different boots/fitters but keep coming back to the Lange’s because they somewhat work. Problem is I cannot buckle the bottom two buckles at all without crushing the top of my foot.

The fitters in my area are not great and its going to be a while before I can and will travel to a reputable boot fitter. Looking for insight on boots to try.

what happens if you leave the instep buckles not done up/ not crushing your foot? is that OK to ski?

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    The missus needs some boot help. She has a really hard to fit foot shape - Wide last, narrow heal and high arch (triangle shaped feet). She has been struggling with her boots the last couple of years and has started to hate skiing. She went to a bootfitter 2 years ago and they sold her a pair of Technica Mach 1 MV's. Current issue is the boots are too tight in the forefoot (very painful) and heel moves all over the place.

During the pandemic she picked up a pair of K2 Mindbender's to try backcountry. She has issues with these too, mostly on downhill.

She got both boots at different shops (Larsons and Powder7 in Denver area) and worked with their bootfitters a couple of times, but still very painful. In the past (20 years ago), she skied a Technica Youth boot without pain and was a decent skier. It's been a rough go trying to get back into it after kids.

My question is will either of these boots potentially work with her foot shape, with some more bootfitting?
    hard to say. If the shell fit is too big overall, no way they will work. If the shell fit is OK, then adding foam to heel might help to stableize that, or adding some foam to the tongue flex point, to help push the hell back into the back of the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by skier2265 View Post

can you just try them both on and see whats best for you?

What can I use to temporarily add a little padding to my intuition wrap liners at the very to of the shin? The pressure / irritation that caused small spurs on the shin bone isn't going away this season, will prob get new liners but need to get through the rest of this season. Using small bunion donuts on the spur each day but need a little more cushion. Don't need to eat up significant volume so an Eliminator is out.

hard to say. If the shell fit is too big overall, no way they will work. If the shell fit is OK, then adding foam to heel might help to stableize that, or adding some foam to the tongue flex point, to help push the hell back into the back of the boot?
    I think the shell fit is good, we'll go back to the fitter and see what they can do. Maybe need to punch out the toe box as well. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    What can I use to temporarily add a little padding to my intuition wrap liners at the very to of the shin? The pressure / irritation that caused small spurs on the shin bone isn't going away this season, will prob get new liners but need to get through the rest of this season. Using small bunion donuts on the spur each day but need a little more cushion. Don't need to eat up significant volume so an Eliminator is out.
    I used a cut up beer coozie when mine were "end of life" and irritating the tops of my shins.

what happens if you leave the instep buckles not done up/ not crushing your foot? is that OK to ski?
    This is how I’ve been using them. Still tight in the last but allows my foot to bend up into the instep alleviating some pain on the side of my foot. I’ll buckle them if im skiing something technical.