Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2618
    Anyone have any experience with Haglunds? I’ve been skiing a full tilt forever w zip fits. Prior to that I skied in plug boots. Eons ago I developed heel spurs and they are getting gnarly on one foot.

I’m wondering, should I be considering going back to an overlap boot? My thinking is I overflex the full tilts at times and it shoves my heels into the shell. I’m also 9 hours a day in ski boots 5 days a week so not sure I could tolerate a plug boot again, but also to the point where I’ll need to stop skiing if I can’t figure something out.

I’ve tried donuts on the liner and/ or skin, ice baths, punching and grinding. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Haglunds? I’ve been skiing a full tilt forever w zip fits. Prior to that I skied in plug boots. Eons ago I developed heel spurs and they are getting gnarly on one foot.

I’m wondering, should I be considering going back to an overlap boot? My thinking is I overflex the full tilts at times and it shoves my heels into the shell. I’m also 9 hours a day in ski boots 5 days a week so not sure I could tolerate a plug boot again, but also to the point where I’ll need to stop skiing if I can’t figure something out.

I’ve tried donuts on the liner and/ or skin, ice baths, punching and grinding. Thoughts?

odds are over flexing, so heel is lifting at the end of the flex

1) get a boot that flexes less (stiffer)

2) get a boot that fits tighter in the heel (shape)

Odds are a plug will on average be a narrower shape, and stiffer.

Will be worse in spring as temps are warmer, and boot flex more and we ski longer/faster/harder

Cool appreciate the feedback

Canting foam?

Hey folks. I recently figured out my foot could use a bit of cant as my ankles collapse and my feet pronate (fall to the inside of my knee). I found some cant foam on patriotfootbeds but they’re out of stock. Anyone know of another supplier for same or similar product? I have some heel shims on order so perhaps those will fit the bill.

I’ve recently done a ghetto duct tape job to shim a set of insoles and it was a HUGE improvement on my skiing.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cecald@gmail.com View Post
    Hey folks. I recently figured out my foot could use a bit of cant as my ankles collapse and my feet pronate (fall to the inside of my knee). I found some cant foam on patriotfootbeds but they’re out of stock. Anyone know of another supplier for same or similar product? I have some heel shims on order so perhaps those will fit the bill.

I’ve recently done a ghetto duct tape job to shim a set of insoles and it was a HUGE improvement on my skiing.

Thank you!
    Might want to change your username.

This might be an ignorant question, but if your ankle is collapsing inward, wouldn't that mean you have too much space around the ankle and you'd be better served taking up space with ankle donuts or c-pads?

New dumb issue…. I have been booting up more at the car and I have broken several sets of boots this year getting them on and off. The instep tends to crack- thinking of going back to a Dalbello Lupo’s or Krypton’s as breaking boots is just a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    New dumb issue…. I have been booting up more at the car and I have broken several sets of boots this year getting them on and off. The instep tends to crack- thinking of going back to a Dalbello Lupo’s or Krypton’s as breaking boots is just a pain in the ass.
    Boot heater bag... cheaper then replacing boots

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Cant foam

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    Might want to change your username.

This might be an ignorant question, but if your ankle is collapsing inward, wouldn't that mean you have too much space around the ankle and you'd be better served taking up space with ankle donuts or c-pads?
    Good point!

So I’ve also got the ankle foam coming too but my little (not so little actually) duct tape job has given me already really positive results. I’d just like to remove all the goo down there though as the tape edges are already starting to come up.

I’ll probably do both the ankle foam and foot duct tape to see if there’s further improvement or not. And maybe keep an eye on the patriot website to hope the foam comes back in stock at some point.

Have some dynafit mercuries w intuition powerwraps that are both prob pushing 200+ days. i picked up a new pair of powerwraps (same size) w the hopes of extending the life of the boots another year or so. molded them at a shop. wore for a tour and a half and they are alot tighter than the old pair (as they should be right?). problem is they're so tight where i can barley buckle w the shell tongue's in and practically put my foot to sleep on the 2nd tour. i know there's a break in period but can't imagine another longer tour in them. should i just wear around the house until they break in more or could i be missing soemthing?

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Have some dynafit mercuries w intuition powerwraps that are both prob pushing 200+ days. i picked up a new pair of powerwraps (same size) w the hopes of extending the life of the boots another year or so. molded them at a shop. wore for a tour and a half and they are alot tighter than the old pair (as they should be right?). problem is they're so tight where i can barley buckle w the shell tongue's in and practically put my foot to sleep on the 2nd tour. i know there's a break in period but can't imagine another longer tour in them. should i just wear around the house until they break in more or could i be missing soemthing?
    I have had same /similar, remold & walk around in em instead of standing on the board with toes up. Stomp around!!

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Have some dynafit mercuries w intuition powerwraps that are both prob pushing 200+ days. i picked up a new pair of powerwraps (same size) w the hopes of extending the life of the boots another year or so. molded them at a shop. wore for a tour and a half and they are alot tighter than the old pair (as they should be right?). problem is they're so tight where i can barley buckle w the shell tongue's in and practically put my foot to sleep on the 2nd tour. i know there's a break in period but can't imagine another longer tour in them. should i just wear around the house until they break in more or could i be missing something?
    where abouts are they ^^ tight , the top buckle was too tight on my Vulcans, I had pwr wraps in a Mercury that were fitted at Intuition and they were a pretty snug fit but very wearable, so when Dynafit announced the Vulcan was discontinued i picked a set up very cheap and I figured I could just swap the liners Mercury to Vulcan cuz its the same boot but actulay the Vulcan shell is just a LITTLE lower volume so I eventualy I went back and had Intuition do a re-mold with the buckles cranked down another notch and the fit is good now

So I would consider going back to the shop for a re-fit with the buckles cranked down another ladder on the buckle
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    where abouts are they ^^ tight , the top buckle was too tight on my Vulcans, I had pwr wraps in a Mercury that were fitted at Intuition and they were a pretty snug fit but very wearable, so when Dynafit announced the Vulcan was discontinued i picked a set up very cheap and I figured I could just swap the liners Mercury to Vulcan cuz its the same boot but actulay the Vulcan shell is just a LITTLE lower volume so I eventualy I went back and had Intuition do a re-mold with the buckles cranked down another notch and the fit is good now

So I would consider going back to the shop for a re-fit with the buckles cranked down another ladder on the buckle
    i'd say most tight on the top of my foot as that's where i can barley buckle. when i got them baked at the shop they didn't have me put in the tongue before cranking buckles. wonder if that would factor in (assuming so since boot is tighter w tongue in). sounds like a re-bake maybe with tongues in, cranking down buckles and moving around a little...?

yeah I would remold with the tongue in and some of the ladders cranked, I can't really see why they would have left out the Tongue ??

I don't know about the moving around but i think not

I have a HIGH arch and so the only liner I can use in any ski boot is the pwrwrap cuz the tongue of all liners bugs the top of my foot, I have the orange ID pwrwrap liners in my Dalbello alpine boots, pwrwraps in my T-1's

I also have a wide forefoot with low vol/ narrow heel, for a foot bed I use the red Sole foot bed with the grey foam sanded off underneath the toe area, the Mercury & Vulcan shells work good for my foot a 15mm shell fit with no punches

Thx XXX!

BTW if you use a foot bed I would do the re-mold with the foot bed on your bare foot with a thin sock or some masking tape holding the foot bed in place

Does anyone use liner sleeves or anything similar to tighten up loose heels on my liner? Looks like a good alternative to foam and duct tape, but I was wondering whether the sleeves would be too snug

https://patriotfootbeds.com/products/liner-sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by priapism View Post
    Does anyone use liner sleeves or anything similar to tighten up loose heels on my liner? Looks like a good alternative to foam and duct tape, but I was wondering whether the sleeves would be too snug

I havent used that ^^ particular product but it looks good,

my Dallbelo's came with a plastic insert that looked similar in shape, it clipped into the plastic in the bottom of the boot

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333719358316...0e07fbb9ea1ab8

I also cut pieces of agricultural pump discharge hose ^^ its .6mm thick or i can double it up,

it easy goes around the contours in a boot, it does not compress, it easily tapes inside the shell with ductape and I can easily get it by the foot real cheap,

taping shim material to the shell is > taping to the liner imo

Does anyone here have a Tecnica Mach1/ZGTP alpine/touring boot quiver? Are the sizes the same? When I tried on the 25.5 ZGTP (my size in the Mach1s that I'm happy with) it was massive, and unfortunately nowhere around here seems to stock a 24.5

This probably doesn't belong in this thread, or maybe it does, but:

You know the "S" Atomic Hawx models, and how you can use their Power Shift bolts to adjust forward lean and flex? Do those boots come with the 2nd bolt (to add stiffness), new? Girlfriend wants to stiffen her boots and we have no idea where the bolt is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    This probably doesn't belong in this thread, or maybe it does, but:

You know the "S" Atomic Hawx models, and how you can use their Power Shift bolts to adjust forward lean and flex? Do those boots come with the 2nd bolt (to add stiffness), new? Girlfriend wants to stiffen her boots and we have no idea where the bolt is.
    Some but not all of them come with a 2nd bolt, usually in the bag with the volume enhancers. If not, drop by a shop and ask if they have spares. You will have to drill the 2nd hole.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Some but not all of them come with a 2nd bolt, usually in the bag with the volume enhancers. If not, drop by a shop and ask if they have spares. You will have to drill the 2nd hole.
    Thank you much!

Consider zipfits

I've used these in the past with good success (ankle sleeves that go under your sock rather than over the liner): https://www.ezeefitsports.com/product-p/011.htm.

Now I use Zipfits, which are a much better but much more expensive solution.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem;[URL="tel:6582218"
    6582218[/URL]]Consider zipfits
    For sure I have, but cost ($40 vs $475) and the weight factor (this would be for my sloppy ankle F1s) point me toward this solution first.

I know zipfits are good but not ready to make that leap yet

For sure I have, but cost ($40 vs $475) and the weight factor (this would be for my sloppy ankle F1s) point me toward this solution first.

I know zipfits are good but not ready to make that leap yet
    I hear that 100%. 475 is a big chunk of change. That being said, I'll never go back and some people getting 1000 days out of a pair. They are worth one less pair of skiis . Not light though.

F#$$ things are way too expensive these days.