Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2618
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    @RollGybe

Footbed situation? Did a fitter put you in this boot to begin with?

If you’re in a boot that’s a size up from your mondo measurements, I’m immediately suspicious it could be a problem. Fore/Aft movement can lead to cramping if your foot is working to stabilize itself in a shell that’s too big.

Sidas footbeds as second version. First version was fully posted TVS were nuked for the wrong reasons.

On shell size, solid "maybe"

I agree totally about cramping due to stabilization. In my case, stabilization plus direction of pressure.

I skied a 26.5 for a long time as a race fit, but that also hurt. The goal of reducing movement was achieved through pain and numbness.

The amount of movement below the ankle is nearly invisible to anyone except me! But it's there.
    In the cuff, I have a 1/4" of slop. That's visible, and it works down the boot.

My concern is there could be a number of variables in play, and I somewhat addressed forward lean already in these shells.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    my though is that you are moving around in the shell (26 foot vs 27 boot) , and the toes are clawing to stay put. Combinded with skinny leg you are only really getting contact at boot top.

the 1/2 ass solution is a thicker footbed, and a F lean shim (filling up volume) but the real/correct is a smaller boot, that is still narrow?

or maybe just buy the red boots

what if I told you my toes are definitely clawing?
    Or more like my met pad is flexing to grip?

The clawing is probably 50% to support pronation and staying forward. 50% driving the ski over "stuff". The more choppy stuff I ski though the more I max out the pain threshold.

I just want to add to this the forward stance. Neutral to the boot, I feel subtly like I'm jumping - pushing on the met pad and flexing my glutes.

Sounds like shell side is an issue, but perhaps there more?

Thank you very much, by the way.

Thanks mntlion,

Liners are definitely old and I assume packed out. But my feet feel really good in them, (better than when liners were not packed out) and my toes rarely get too cold even out here. I suppose it cant hurt to get some new liners to compare though. And I'll look into the foam padding.
    (looking forward to getting back to Louise this season. Made some very gingerly turns on wiwaxy the week after opening before the dumpage. Felt great to get back out)

how old are the liners? Might be backed out/flat/no padding so a new liner might also re-old better?

also add foam padding to the toungue to balance the pressure better

I just skied a brand new boot out of the box with no molding or punching and had zero pain over two full days of skiing including standing around at the bar. I have literally never experienced such an easy and painless boot fit in my entire life of skiing. WTF is wrong with my boots!!
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I imagine in 8 more days they’ll be way too big….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I imagine in 8 more days they’ll be way too big….

I plan to get new ones every 9 days so won’t be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Newb orthotics question for the group. Just got some custom footbeds which feel good on my foot when laid flat on the ground. In my Langes with pretty tight fit, the arch in the footbeds feels a little high and definitely uncomfortable first time hanging out in them. Foot just need time to adjust to them? Been trying to wear them in the house a couple hours here/there but haven't had custom footbeds in years.

try them sking and see?

If it feels too much, or puts you way off balance, get it lowered? (heating and pushing down, or grinding material away?)

Having trouble getting some custom footbeds to seat all the way back in a heel pocket after I slide the liner (intuition pro tongue) into my boot ( Lange RS 130). Haven't baked the liners yet. Suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Having trouble getting some custom footbeds to seat all the way back in a heel pocket after I slide the liner (intuition pro tongue) into my boot ( Lange RS 130). Haven't baked the liners yet. Suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    are the footbeds new? did you use them in other boots (with good results) before?

if you have used them heat the liners, or take the liner out of the shell, 2 sided tape on the heel of the footbed, and push it into place.

If you have NOT used the footbeds before, put them in the shell only, and idea is 1-2 mm gap between the footbed and shell

Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    Planning on visiting my local boot fitter, but looking for some advice:

I have a pair of old dalbello krypton pros with intuition wrap liners. They felt perfect before; but I broke my right tibia last spring, and surgeon had to fix it internally with a plate (mid shin down to ankle).
    Now when I buckle up my right boot, I don’t have even pressure across my shin. When I flex, the pressure hits too much mid shin (in the fracture area which doesnt feel good), and I can’t really press my shin. This is quite noticeable where shin meets the top of the liner/shell. If I fold a sock or something, I can stick it in at the top, front of shin, and flexing my boot feels more even (and can put more forward pressure with less pain).

While my bone is healed, the soft tissue is still changing, so the shape of my leg may change a bit too (especially decrease in swelling), so I’m hesitant to make permanent changes – but what would those possibly be? Should I just ski with some extra padding in there in the short term?
    did you get the plate taken out yet ?

back in the day I had a plate put in for a broken Tib/ fib boot top fracture in feb and they took it out in december of that same year, the reason the pro's put in a plate instead of a rod was becuz there were already 3 screws in the ankle from a previous injury so they were afraid of hitting them

when they took out the plate i got them to take out 2 of the 3 screws in the ankle but could not get the last screw out

Doc will say its not really necessary to take out the HW but IME its a good idea to get all or as much of the HW out that you can and it doesnt cost you $ in the canuckian HC system, it might be hard to get a surgery booked with covid as it is so just tell them it hurts

the recovery from the surgery to get HW removed is no where near as nasty as when you broke the leg cuz the bone is fixed so its just tissue repair,
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-03-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

are the footbeds new? did you use them in other boots (with good results) before?

if you have used them heat the liners, or take the liner out of the shell, 2 sided tape on the heel of the footbed, and push it into place.

If you have NOT used the footbeds before, put them in the shell only, and idea is 1-2 mm gap between the footbed and shell
    Thanks. The liners are not new and have served me very well. I think the 2-sided tape will work.

Can somebody compare how the K2 Mindbender boot fits compared to a Lange RX ?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

FYI: mindbenders are avail in both LV and MV, so that will effect things too

MB a bit more toe wiggle room and heel grip for me

The 98mm Mindbender last feels about like the 100mm Lange RX last . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    The 98mm Mindbender last feels about like the 100mm Lange RX last . . .
    Good to hear. Is the heel similar to RX or skinny like a Dalbello Krypton?

Good to hear. Is the heel similar to RX or skinny like a Dalbello Krypton?

The MIndbender heel is not especially narrow. I suspect slightly higher shell volume combined with very soft interior foam in the liner makes the 98mm Mindbender feel roomier than everyone else's 98mm boot.

Forweard lean question for the boot gurus here,
    Into a lange xt3 this season and the shell fits me great. Primary use is patrolling/snow safety so long days with a heavy pack. I feel like I keep getting pushed backseat in the lange compared to boots of old (Vulcan, Lupo, Hawx, older langes). I want to increase forward lean a bit but use zipfit liners so can't use the lange spoiler. What is an alternative way to increase forward lean and maybe increase ramp angle a bit? Cut velcro off lange spoiler and glue it to shell?
    I know a bootfitter could do it better but I like to tinker with my gear and would like to learn to do more on my own boots.

Quote Originally Posted by camlax View Post
    Into a lange xt3 this season and the shell fits me great. Primary use is patrolling/snow safety so long days with a heavy pack. I feel like I keep getting pushed backseat in the lange compared to boots of old (Vulcan, Lupo, Hawx, older langes). I want to increase forward lean a bit but use zipfit liners so can't use the lange spoiler. What is an alternative way to increase forward lean and maybe increase ramp angle a bit? Cut velcro off lange spoiler and glue it to shell?
    I know a bootfitter could do it better but I like to tinker with my gear and would like to learn to do more on my own boots.
    use a lange liner F lean shim and 2 sided tape it in place see what that feels like

increase ramp angle? add a folded up trail map on the boot board.

FYI: increaseing either/both of this CAN have the opposite effect and push you forward so you bend at angle.kneee more and CAN make it feel worse.

Get the bolt in spoilers for the xt3 140 if you need more lean. I have a pair I could send if you're US based.

I want to increase forward lean a bit but use zipfit liners so can't use the lange spoiler. What is an alternative way to increase forward lean and maybe increase ramp angle a bit? Cut velcro off lange spoiler and glue it to shell?
    There is nothing preventing you from contact cementing a strip of Velcro (usually the fuzz side, most spoilers have the hook side) on the back of the Zipfits and sticking any spoiler you want on to try it out. If you have a Gara or World Cup, put one strip above and one strip below the power strap. If you don't like the result, you can peel it off and try a different spoiler.

the answer to "WTF is wrong with my boots?"

OK folks, need some help. I've gotten less than awesome advice on boots before from local shops and thought I'd check in here.

At the end of every touring day, I have excruciating pain on the outside (lateral edge) of my right foot, posterior to my 5th metatarsal. I'm pretty sure this is called a 6th toe, but rather than a single spot, I have a massive pad of tissue hanging way out there, going almost all the way back to my 5th tarsal/met joint just in front of my ankle. I've had my boots punched several times and while it's gotten better, it's still not great. Yesterday after a simple 4 hour/2500ft tour, I was barely able to put weight on my foot. During a tour, the outside of my foot often goes numb and i have to wiggle my toes to get feeling back. I am a pronator, this foot it mostly flat, so I know the tendency of the foot will be to splay outward laterally, which *should* be solved by the insole.

Boots are Hawx XTD 120 27.5 with Intuition Pro Tour 27. I also have some Tour Wraps in 28 I'm going to try out for a different issue.

Footbeds are Sidas customs, molded unweighted, posted with cork. My foot hangs off the edge of these because the shop I bought them from trimmed them to match the sole of my liner, not my foot.

Is this another simple punch? Should I try new footbeds that actually match the outline of my foot? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 2.52.06 PM.png
Views: 844
Size:  507.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 2.52.15 PM.png
Views: 813
Size:  54.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 2.52.23 PM.png
Views: 828
Size:  408.8 KB

the answer to "WTF is wrong with my boots?"

I had a similar problem that I resolved with a heel wedge placed on the medial aspect. Basically it prevented pronation which pushed my lateral metatarsal outward.

I know what’s wrong, but WTF??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640009424.641185.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	397550