Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2618
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Not really worth a new topic so I'll just put it here:

I have a second hand Lange ZA in size 25, yet inside the upper cuff it says 26/27. Do I have a frankenboot or is it normal that the cuff is shared over 3 sizes?
    usually over 2 sizes (24/25) but not 100% uncommon. 25 boot = 293ish BSL?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    usually over 2 sizes (24/25) but not 100% uncommon. 25 boot = 293ish BSL?
    296mm

the reason i aksed is that i had them softened by shaving some plastic of the cuff under the 3rd buckle where the upper hits the lower. I kinda regret it... they ski great in soft snow but slightly too soft in hard snow now. So I was thinking of findin another cuff to put on the (extremely well fitting ans extensively modified) lower. I have found the exact same (worldcup ZA) boot in 26 or an RS110 in 25. Would rather have the 25 cause i have skinny legs.
    Q: How much softer will a RS110 cuff be compared to a ZA cuff, or is this marginal as most of the flex comes from the lower anyway? Will the RS cuff fit?

296mm

the reason i aksed is that i had them softened by shaving some plastic of the cuff under the 3rd buckle where the upper hits the lower. I kinda regret it... they ski great in soft snow but slightly too soft in hard snow now. So I was thinking of findin another cuff to put on the (extremely well fitting ans extensively modified) lower. I have found the exact same (worldcup ZA) boot in 26 or an RS110 in 25. Would rather have the 25 cause i have skinny legs.
    Q: How much softer will a RS110 cuff be compared to a ZA cuff, or is this marginal as most of the flex comes from the lower anyway? Will the RS cuff fit?
    ya 296 = 25 for sure.

Not sure the RS will fit the Z boot at all?

ZA = 110 ish
    ZB = 130 ish
    ZC = 150 ish

the Z cuffs fit 2 sizes (22/23, 24/25, 26/27 etc)

to make what you have stiffer, are both rear bolts in the boot?
    add a WC booster?
    or a non-flexing boster type strap? (non-velcro, non elastic)

Yeah maybe I should try to put the original stap back first. Currently have an expert booster. More bolts is not possible.
    Thanks for the help!

then play with the upper cuff to both inside and out.
    I have fully custom footbeds, but they are approaching 7 years old now and im sure my feet have supinated more in that time period. I will try out the popsicle stick shim to correct the supination a bit. Do that first and see how that goes.

What do you mean play with the cuff to the inside or outside? Like heat the liner up (i have a heatgun) and create a pocket to the inside or outside? or actually play around with the plastic cuff? How do you do that? Im due for new boots this coming spring/summer so im open to garage fixes. Sorry, im having trouble visualizing what you mean. thanks in advance (and previously) for the helpful advice.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I have fully custom footbeds, but they are approaching 7 years old now and im sure my feet have supinated more in that time period. I will try out the popsicle stick shim to correct the supination a bit. Do that first and see how that goes.

What do you mean play with the cuff to the inside or outside? Like heat the liner up (i have a heatgun) and create a pocket to the inside or outside? or actually play around with the plastic cuff? How do you do that? Im due for new boots this coming spring/summer so im open to garage fixes. Sorry, im having trouble visualizing what you mean. thanks in advance (and previously) for the helpful advice.
    adjust the upper cuff alignment to inside or outside (canting)

Yeah maybe I should try to put the original stap back first. Currently have an expert booster. More bolts is not possible.
    Thanks for the help!
    try and see? Odds are old stock, in a ZB might be cheap online?

Got a new pair of Head Vector EVO 110 with off the shelf sidus footbeds as someone nicked my old boots. Skied around 20 days on them and now the liner has started to fill out a little I have been tightening the buckles more. They are still not as tight as I used to crank my old boots (Atomic Hawks). I have been getting a bad pain on the outside of my right leg (peroneus brevis tendon I think). Its only on my right leg and seems to be worse when skiing uneven snow/crud. Seems strange its only on my right leg. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Not sure the RS will fit the Z boot at all?
    ZA = 110 ish
    ZB = 130 ish
    ZC = 150 ish
    the Z cuffs fit 2 sizes (22/23, 24/25, 26/27 etc)
    Z cuffs will work on an RS boot.
    I'm running a RS 130 wide (with removable soles) and a ZC upper. 27.5 315mm lower with a 26/27 upper.
    RS and Z uppers are the same shape, same ankle hardware and spine bolt placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Z cuffs will work on an RS boot.
    I'm running a RS 130 wide (with removable soles) and a ZC upper. 27.5 315mm lower with a 26/27 upper.
    RS and Z uppers are the same shape, same ankle hardware and spine bolt placement.
    thanks, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by landovance View Post
    Got a new pair of Head Vector EVO 110 with off the shelf sidus footbeds as someone nicked my old boots. Skied around 20 days on them and now the liner has started to fill out a little I have been tightening the buckles more. They are still not as tight as I used to crank my old boots (Atomic Hawks). I have been getting a bad pain on the outside of my right leg (peroneus brevis tendon I think). Its only on my right leg and seems to be worse when skiing uneven snow/crud. Seems strange its only on my right leg. Any ideas on how to prevent this?
    Get out of the back seat?

Lange 23.5 ZA or ZJ

Do you still have some Lange ZA's? I noticed an older post about some. Sorry to hit this thread with this.

Hey guys,
    I want to upgrade my boots (Dalbello Panterra 120 28,5) with a pair of Intuition Powerwraps 28 because my stock liner is mush.
    But when inserted, the front part seems too low and is even below the plastic tongue of the boots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7449.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	886.7 KB 
ID:	266227
    Also it is almost impossible to get into the boots, although that might be due to them not being molded?

I have molded quite a few Intuition before, but never had these problems.

Is the Powerwrap just too low for this boot or will I be alright if I mold them?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobsen View Post
    Hey guys,
    I want to upgrade my boots (Dalbello Panterra 120 28,5) with a pair of Intuition Powerwraps 28 because my stock liner is mush.
    But when inserted, the front part seems too low and is even below the plastic tongue of the boots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7449.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	886.7 KB 
ID:	266227
    Also it is almost impossible to get into the boots, although that might be due to them not being molded?

I have molded quite a few Intuition before, but never had these problems.

Is the Powerwrap just too low for this boot or will I be alright if I mold them?
    Thanks!
    pull up durring molding and it should be fine. As you pull up, rock your weight forwand and back (toes / heels ) so the whole liner gets pulled up.

Lange RS130 Questions: I ski the Freetour 130's and they are spot on after a slight lengthening in the toe area for big and 2nd toe. Shell fit is 1cm or so. Also, slipped in a sort of heel cuff thing around both heels to take up some space behind my ankle and reduce lift. Best boot's I've had to date period. But I needed something with an alpine sole.

Picked up a pair of RS130's for a song and then realized they were 97mm last. They fit like a dream in the ankle/heel area, but I definitely need room in the forefoot.
    -Is it too much to stretch these out or should I turn them over and look for the RS130Wide with a 100mm last?
    -Is the 97mm narrower in the heel area as well, or is that just the difference in liners/boot model?
    -Worried 130 may be to stiff and gut says the 120's would have been better. The clog has cut lines, how much will that reduce flex? Lange info only references removing the cuff bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Breomonkey View Post
    Lange RS130 Questions: I ski the Freetour 130's and they are spot on after a slight lengthening in the toe area for big and 2nd toe. Shell fit is 1cm or so. Also, slipped in a sort of heel cuff thing around both heels to take up some space behind my ankle and reduce lift. Best boot's I've had to date period. But I needed something with an alpine sole.

Picked up a pair of RS130's for a song and then realized they were 97mm last. They fit like a dream in the ankle/heel area, but I definitely need room in the forefoot.
    -Is it too much to stretch these out or should I turn them over and look for the RS130Wide with a 100mm last?
    -Is the 97mm narrower in the heel area as well, or is that just the difference in liners/boot model?
    -Worried 130 may be to stiff and gut says the 120's would have been better. The clog has cut lines, how much will that reduce flex? Lange info only references removing the cuff bolts.
    overall that boot is a bit narrower, in all places.

odds are oyu can get the same toe room/length in this boot

you can use the clog cut lines, but test that by removeing rear cuff bolts first to make sure you LIKE a softer boot. Once you cut, you can't go back

Gaper question - always just kinda 'delt with it' but skiing multiple days in a row recently big toe bang only on left foot is getting pretty gnar and uncomfy. Dalbello pantera 120's bought this season, 25-30 days on them.

Shell fit is good I believe (1 finger slides behind heel with contact, not forced). stock shitty footbed.

Big toe on left foot is decently longer (3mm or so) than on right foot. Right foot feels even toe pressure on front of boot when standing straight up/backseat. Nails short. Socks thin (same issue w/super thin dress socks)

Footbeds first to try to bring toes in? Shell too big volume-wise, letting foot slip forward? Quit skiing like a beater? Or try to punch out toe? all of the above?

Any help will be appreciated thanks fellas

So I stripped an allen key canting screw in my ZA's as it is totally tight with loctite. Any tech tips on getting it out? Or is the only solution to drill through it?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Gaper question - always just kinda 'delt with it' but skiing multiple days in a row recently big toe bang only on left foot is getting pretty gnar and uncomfy. Dalbello pantera 120's bought this season, 25-30 days on them.

Shell fit is good I believe (1 finger slides behind heel with contact, not forced). stock shitty footbed.

Big toe on left foot is decently longer (3mm or so) than on right foot. Right foot feels even toe pressure on front of boot when standing straight up/backseat. Nails short. Socks thin (same issue w/super thin dress socks)

Footbeds first to try to bring toes in? Shell too big volume-wise, letting foot slip forward? Quit skiing like a beater? Or try to punch out toe? all of the above?

Any help will be appreciated thanks fellas
    1) better footbed that will help to stabalize foot more, and odds are will shorten it too

2) ski more better (less back seat skiing/landing)

3) punch boot shell longer

Thanks! As I thought. Probably why i like the heel fit better. Now off to get the toe work sorted out.

Any idea on correlation between bolt removal vs. cutting the cuff? The plan is Ski - bolts - then cut. I'm pumped to get them out.

So I stripped an allen key canting screw in my ZA's as it is totally tight with loctite. Any tech tips on getting it out? Or is the only solution to drill through it?
    use a good quality allen key (not shitty one provided)?

heat up with paint gun to loosen loctit?

easyout drill bits?

drill out head of screw, separate upper from lower, use vise grips on head and replace

Hey mtnlion; what's your opinion on the Pulse Boot Lab tech proposed in the Blister podcast?

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/n...boot-lab-ep-35
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Hey mtnlion; what's your opinion on the Pulse Boot Lab tech proposed in the Blister podcast?

the press looks great (have not seen in person, but pics. Idea is great to hold toe and heel, and press out from the inside only. Wont replace a lever punch but nice to have more tools in the tool box.

not sure about the app/3D scan. No down side for customer, helpful for new staff, or experienced boot fitters that don't know the brands that Pulse sells. I would be interested to see an experienced staff boot guess vs the apps guess vs reality for sales?

but again, nice that SOMEONE is doing something new and experimenting.

I can see the boot tongue thing being good for Reve (warm, deep snow, or ice) but around here (cold, dry) most people are not overflexing a 130, and if people need to beef up a 90 flex, why did you get it? but again, another nice option to have.

I'm hoping to go to reve this summer and talk to them, Maybe do a 30 day work shift, and ski reve for a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post

whats YOUR take on it?

And customers/skiers what is YOUR take on the ideas that pulse is doing (cuz its NOT about the grumpy old staff, its about the customer experiance)

Would you use this as your local shop?

would you use this as part of a destination ski trip?