Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2618

Way too much information

Swissiphic is the most interdasting man in tech talk

Just a little shout out from an older geezer slowly making his way back after substantial layoff....I think if you were to come into this scene more upright balanced(w/level shoulders!) and not leaning as much, leveling out your hips would not be as much a challenge. Everything(beginning with the ankles) could then move/roll more freely. Am saying this as it's in my daily "to be aware of" list... May not be entirely correct but it's one of my faults...

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Just a little shout out from an older geezer slowly making his way back after substantial layoff....I think if you were to come into this scene more upright balanced(w/level shoulders!) and not leaning as much, leveling out your hips would not be as much a challenge. Everything(beginning with the ankles) could then move/roll more freely. Am saying this as it's in my daily "to be aware of" list... May not be entirely correct but it's one of my faults...
    oh i totally hear ya...alas, the old back spasm/herniated disc in lower back means i gotta ski like the tin can man these days. We'll see what the miracle of modern medicine can do for the future though...and in the long term...bring on the e assist skier's full body exoskeleton!
    Master of mediocrity.

I think the original question was " whats wrong with my boots? " as opposed to "whats wrong with my boobs"

but this brings up a good point so perhaps lanyards could be connected to nipple rings which would correct upper body stance by altering lanyard length ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-19-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Was having some issues with my ankle not staying down so my bootfitter installed some butterflys on the back of the liner and they have worked great for that purpose, ankle is locked down. However when i tour now i've been getting some subtantial blisters on the inside of my foot (below the ankle bone) which i am guessing is due to them rubbing on the butterfly. The shop i go to doesn't sell touring boots so i dont think they are well versed in bootfitting in regards to that, so was hoping to go back with some ideas on how to accomplish both but am a little out of my element. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman922 View Post
    Was having some issues with my ankle not staying down so my bootfitter installed some butterflys on the back of the liner and they have worked great for that purpose, ankle is locked down. However when i tour now i've been getting some subtantial blisters on the inside of my foot (below the ankle bone) which i am guessing is due to them rubbing on the butterfly. The shop i go to doesn't sell touring boots so i dont think they are well versed in bootfitting in regards to that, so was hoping to go back with some ideas on how to accomplish both but am a little out of my element. Any ideas?
    try moving the foam around a bit first, then cut as needed.

bllisters = moving = motion = too much room usuaully, so go slow with making MORE room

Looking for suggestions for a new touring boot. Here is my history. I went to a shop that specializes in AT stuff and they are sold out of my size in most boots now but I did not try a few on (see below).
    I have been skiing a used pair of dynafit one px 28.5 for 2 seasons. First dedicated touring setup so happy at first. Boot is just too roomy, i think the liner is totally packed out. i tried rebaking but it did not puff up enough. i can curl my toes under my foot, so i end up cranking it down enough that it hurts in order to descend.
    If it matters I was fitted for 27.5 nordica gpx 130 for lift skiing and love them. performance fit but not too bad. ground for 5th metatarsal knob on both feet.
    I bought a pair of scarpa freedom rs in 29 and they were super painful around the heal even after heat molding. sold them and took a huge hit.
    At the shop he suggested the dynafit hoji px for my foot. i loved the range of motion for uphill and the stiffness when locked down, but that boot HURT badly on my foot, even just sitting in the shop for a few minutes, even unbuckled. he said it would be a leap of faith to start the custom process, but I think the custom boot fitting should improve things or fix problems down the road.
    I also tried a used pair of scott cosmos 28.5 in the shop and they were way too roomy.
    I bought and sold a pair of LS spectre 1 in 27.5 and too short, did not even ski them.

Boot fitter suggested trying Maestrale RS in 28 or 28.5 but they were sold out. So I am thinking to buy a new pair ($$) and then return them if they don't fit.

Just getting a little frustrated with this process. Every boot either feels super painfully tight out of the box, or waaay too roomy. Want that goldilocks boot!

Been watching some of Craigs viddys, good stuff and good info.

watch out for snakes

Could I use one set of footbeds with 2 different boots (one is alpine and other is touring)? Both have same shell size - 24.5, both have similar liners - dalbello wrap and intuition tour wrap. footbeds were made during fitting process of AT boot. Could these footbeds be used in alpine boots? what should I check before skiing in alpine boots with them?

I do...I don't see why you couldn't if they're comfortable and work for you.

FWIW, I've got zero experience with boot and footbed work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Could I use one set of footbeds with 2 different boots (one is alpine and other is touring)? Both have same shell size - 24.5, both have similar liners - dalbello wrap and intuition tour wrap. footbeds were made during fitting process of AT boot. Could these footbeds be used in alpine boots? what should I check before skiing in alpine boots with them?
    yes, the footbed is made for your foot, and sized for the boot.

try them out and see, but it should

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Boot fitter suggested trying Maestrale RS in 28 or 28.5 but they were sold out.
    Did he tell you they are two different shell sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Did he tell you they are two different shell sizes?
    Yes which is why I should try them. You can make a shell bigger but hard to make it smaller.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Yes which is why I should try them. You can make a shell bigger but hard to make it smaller.
    Generally true, but it depends where you need it bigger. Sizing down successfully in a touring boot is normally dependent on locking in your ankle and heel so you don't get fore/aft movement even with the top buckles loosened for skinning. That means proper footbed and snug fit around the midfoot (not something the Maestrale last is known for). If it's simply forefoot width the Maestrale RS punches like butter in the hands of the right bootfitter (don't overheat it). If it's instep height, it is more problematic as the buckle goes right over the instep and there is no bootboard to grind.

So I'm breaking in a new pair of Lange RX 120's this year. Replaced my old lange comp 120's that were falling apart. Fit in the store felt similar, heel pocket felt very secure, shell check was about the same, BSL is actually shorter. Got some standard green full length superfeet at the shop and went on my way. Did not heat mold the liners in the shop.

First couple days were good in them, but I was not skiing hard, just cruising with my kids and would only manage to sneak off for a hard run or two. Two weeks ago I got a day to myself and got after it. Skied hard all day, but it felt like my feet were shifting fore and aft. Beat the hell out of my right big toe and now it's purple and hurts when it gets pressure. Probably going to lose the toenail. This has never happened to me in 20 years of skiing.

I did not have the buckles cranked down beyond where I was previously running them. Previous days cranking down any further caused feeling to slowly disappear so I backed off. Overall pressure on my shin felt good, but my foot felt like it was slipping on the footbed all day (because it was).

Where would the collective begin to diagnosis my problem? Have I just started to pack out the liner and need to tighten up the first two buckles to hold my foot down a bit more? Any benefit to molding the liners? Punch out the right toe? With my current toe situation I don't really want to go back up to the mountain and just hope I figure something out.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Where would the collective begin to diagnosis my problem? Have I just started to pack out the liner and need to tighten up the first two buckles to hold my foot down a bit more?
    yes

That was my gut reaction. Now to play the what if that doesn't work out while I'm on the mountain? I am still concerned it will put my foot to sleep if I'm trying to tighten it up enough so my foot doesn't slide. I'd rather not spend my weekend beating my purple toe, but numb feet are no better.

Just harden up?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

That was my gut reaction. Now to play the what if that doesn't work out while I'm on the mountain? I am still concerned it will put my foot to sleep if I'm trying to tighten it up enough so my foot doesn't slide. I'd rather not spend my weekend beating my purple toe, but numb feet are no better.

Just harden up?
    HTFU

tighten the 2nd from the top buckle, to help drive the heel back into the heel pocket. Leave the 2 toe buckles loose to allow circulation and tighten more if needed

ScottyB found out that 18 degree forward lean is too much for my repaired knee. Tried it as an experiment since my liners needed 're baked.

May have to spot 're heat my toes as they be cramped even after using my regular spacers.

Over all they ski much better but the walk is hell.

Just harden up?
    Unbuckle on the lift every other run or so. I grew up racing. I don't understand how people can ski with boots so loose they don't make your feet numb.
    If your big toe is turning purple that's something different.
    Why not bake the liners and see if it helps?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Hi guys. I have two boots - Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD with Tour Wrap and Dalbello KR2 ID. Both in 24.5 shell size. These boots were purchased separately in different places and were done by different bootfitters. Atomics feel good both up and downhill, almost no pressure point - may be a little one above my big toe on left feet. But kryptons squeeze my toe area and after 30 days of skiing + one small punch this pressure point still presents. I tried Tour Wraps inside krypton shells and didn't notice any pressure

I assume that I could get rid of any pressure by recooking kryptons the correct way (like in atomics case) Should I do it by myself at home or go to a bootfitter? What do you think about this?
    Today I noticed that I’m using Tour Wrap size 25 in shell size 24.5. According to Intuition size chart Tour Wrap should be round down. But that little trick (using bigger size liner) gives me room in toe box. When I try both liners without shell Dalbello Intuition liner doesn’t have enough room and length in toe box as the Intuition Tour Wraps.

So now I have following questions:
    1. Could liner gain some length during molding process?
    2. I’m wondering if I can do the same trick - using bigger size liner in lower shell for my dalbello boots? What Intuition liner should I check? The ones that has almost same characteristics as Tour Wrap- like 4mm sole + round down size - or the others that should be rounded up?

Ps I want a new liner for kryptons because i don’t want to beat up touring liner in resort

the answer to &quot;WTF is wrong with my boots?&quot;

Best method for increasing rearward support on a Salomon QST pro 130, this one?

Currently running stock liners.

Ideas- I put in a beefy racing spoiler from a plug liner, put it as high up on the liner as I could and that helped a little. Considering trying my intuition luxury liner with them, but they’re packed out as hell. Already planning to add Pulse Proflex, but that shouldn’t help with rearward stiffness.

Can provide more pics. Love the way the boot fits, fine with how it walks, fine with the way it skis besides the rearward support which is useful to have on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Best method for increasing rearward support on a Salomon QST pro 130, this one?

Currently running stock liners.

Ideas- I put in a beefy racing spoiler from a plug liner, put it as high up on the liner as I could and that helped a little. Considering trying my intuition luxury liner with them, but they’re packed out as hell. Already planning to add Pulse Proflex, but that shouldn’t help with rearward stiffness.

Can provide more pics. Love the way the boot fits, fine with how it walks, fine with the way it skis besides the rearward support which is useful to have on occasion.
    Do you want the rear cuff to be taller?

or is the shell/walk mode flexing?