Page 97 of 167 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A 144 with 2"track will do pretty good for you. I have a 136 1.25 fan 500 summit rock /ice fishing sled and it has gone a lot of places people never would believe.

Speed and commitment is the key as always with sledding.

Quads are a pita, can they be used in winter? sure but you will be limited on where you can go. And they fuck the trail for anyone else using a proper winter vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Love when people have different opinions and experiences! Appreciate you sharing this as well as eldereldo’s nay saying. Kind of agree that if I actually want to ski just riding out to my skinning spot is a good idea...

If I insist, is an 800 with 3” lugs what I’m really looking for? And does that ride ok on firm snow? Polaris lists the pro rmk as “tight trees and steep side hills”. I’m like oh, that would work.

Actually Pano Dude and I are agreeing. 2” 144 Sled will work, if you are already a good rider so you can keep your speed up. If you are a beginner it will make your life hell. ��. If you have to ride a lot of packed trails you need scratchers and a 2.25 - 2.5 track would give you both climbing capability and less issues on the trail. Also look for a sled with full length cooler, so something in the cross over category like the Polaris SKS 146

anyone else having carpal tunnel or arthritis in throttle finger?
    I've added a left side gold finger to relieve some of it , but serious loss of motion pain on right hand finger
    only other thing could be doing it is infrequent pistol target shooting
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Actually Pano Dude and I are agreeing. 2” 144 Sled will work, if you are already a good rider so you can keep your speed up. If you are a beginner it will make your life hell. ��. If you have to ride a lot of packed trails you need scratchers and a 2.25 - 2.5 track would give you both climbing capability and less issues on the trail. Also look for a sled with full length cooler, so something in the cross over category like the Polaris SKS 146
    My bad for misunderstanding. Thanks for these thoughts. Not beginning entirely - can keep speed most of the time. Definitely a long way from expert and don’t really know much about what works in different conditions - everyone here rides trail sleds.

Super deep today.

On the way out, I got a check engine alarm, and the sled would shut down if it got much over 5000rpm.

At least it got me home. Here is to hoping it's just a faulty sensor.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post

Super deep today.

On the way out, I got a check engine alarm, and the sled would shut down if it got much over 5000rpm.

At least it got me home. Here is to hoping it's just a faulty sensor.
    Check for codes by toggling the headlight and m button. Google it. Will tell you if there is a code

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Check for codes by toggling the headlight and m button. Google it. Will tell you if there is a code

If you have an xm this is the process.

Excellent. Thanks for the share.

Anyone have suggestions on places to look for a new-to-me sled other than kijiji? Live in Golden, ideally find something between here and Calgary.

Think I'm looking for a stock Summit 800 163 track. Want low maintenance (funny, i know) pull and go over performance. Will be used for sled skiing, mostly tandem access for the wife and I...

If anyone sees any deals out there for has any ideas give let me know...
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on places to look for a new-to-me sled other than kijiji? Live in Golden, ideally find something between here and Calgary.

Think I'm looking for a stock Summit 800 163 track. Want low maintenance (funny, i know) pull and go over performance. Will be used for sled skiing, mostly tandem access for the wife and I...

If anyone sees any deals out there for has any ideas give let me know...
    Whats you "budget".

Look no further-I’ve got a great sled ski sled on market.
    Original owner/ sold and serviced at motor tech.
    Located in Calgary.
    Stock- fully reinforced chassis/ kyb adjustable suspension through out- wider running boards - better tandeming. Still on Original belt and all service records available.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...c-ba5415f5a6b9

Found more damage when I went to install a new bumper on my summit. Pulled the skid plate off and the lower suspension mount is cracked. Slight tweak on the left lower a arm too.
    More parts ordered.....

My buddy went and ran into a tree with the gf's sled today. Took him about 20m on his first ride Didn't hit it too fast, but did the front bumper is bent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3114[1].jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	224612

It was already slightly bent and everything else appears to be okay, but I haven't removed anything else yet, just crawled around with a light and nothing I could see showed any signs of damage. Should I be stripping anything else off to look at something that is prone to damage but is not visible without removing parts/pieces?

Still had a great time, though. 15cm of fresh on a supportive base. Just road the logging roads.

Name:	IMG_3110[1].jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	942.1 KB 
ID:	224613
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    My buddy went and ran into a tree with the gf's sled today. Took him about 20m on his first ride Didn't hit it too fast, but did the front bumper is bent.

Name:	IMG_3114[1].jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	224612

It was already slightly bent and everything else appears to be okay, but I haven't removed anything else yet, just crawled around with a light and nothing I could see showed any signs of damage. Should I be stripping anything else off to look at something that is prone to damage but is not visible without removing parts/pieces?
    Stock bumper, that's not much of a hit. Should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    Love when people have different opinions and experiences! Appreciate you sharing this as well as eldereldo’s nay saying. Kind of agree that if I actually want to ski just riding out to my skinning spot is a good idea...

If I insist, is an 800 with 3” lugs what I’m really looking for? And does that ride ok on firm snow? Polaris lists the pro rmk as “tight trees and steep side hills”. I’m like oh, that would work.
    An 800 3" is the tits for deep snow, can't beat them but they do not like hard pack trails.

A 2.5 track has been the standard up until 2017 and works very well in all conditions

-For anyone who cares .... my Check engine light was a faulty Stator, and the dealership is replacing it for free. ... go BRP!

-I am heavily biased, but a 2014 163 XM is an amazing machine. I have been on mine since new, no complaints. You should buy one.... I don't know if you need the added weight / cost of a freeride, but if its got low Km then, worth looking at.

-That bumper is no big deal. everyone wrecks at least one. I did mine the first week I bought it, 4000km later, its still good... the only point to note on the bumper, its tempting to not replace them when they are bent, but if you leave them bent long enough it really deforms the plastics, making it a PIA to replace in the future.

Interesting about the stator. Good to know. I think it was a well known problem after the task and they essentially recalled it like the 11 top end. Or you got lucky. Dirts free ride is set up wicked for golden area and with having a look at. . I have a 163 2.5 inch and i haven't ever found myself really needing more. I'm the problem.

-For anyone who cares .... my Check engine light was a faulty Stator, and the dealership is replacing it for free. ... go BRP!

-I am heavily biased, but a 2014 163 XM is an amazing machine. I have been on mine since new, no complaints. You should buy one.... I don't know if you need the added weight / cost of a freeride, but if its got low Km then, worth looking at.

-That bumper is no big deal. everyone wrecks at least one. I did mine the first week I bought it, 4000km later, its still good... the only point to note on the bumper, its tempting to not replace them when they are bent, but if you leave them bent long enough it really deforms the plastics, making it a PIA to replace in the future.
    Yeah, replacing it this week - i also figured next time she hits a tree, the bumper won't have much give left. We left it when it was slightly bent. Now that it's fairly bent and warping the plastic, time to replace was my thought.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

budget is under 6k ideally...

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Look no further-I’ve got a great sled ski sled on market.
    Original owner/ sold and serviced at motor tech.
    Located in Calgary.
    Stock- fully reinforced chassis/ kyb adjustable suspension through out- wider running boards - better tandeming. Still on Original belt and all service records available.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...c-ba5415f5a6b9
    Thanks but a bit spendy for me. And I'm no freerider on a sled so that thing looks like it would out-rad me.
    Drive slow, homie.

budget is under 6k ideally...

Thanks but a bit spendy for me. And I'm no freerider on a sled so that thing looks like it would out-rad me.
    Under 6K is going to take some looking, dealer trade in price on 2014 XM 163 is still over 6k. ..... I would just wait till winter ends and everyone starts needing summer toys.

https://classifieds.castanet.net/det...nanci/3367087/
    This one only has 2200k on it, seems like a killer deal.

the 2013 is a very similar build, but without t-motion...so that's something to consider... especially since the aftermarket T-motion Delete kits are selling like wildfire.

An 800 3" is the tits for deep snow, can't beat them but they do not like hard pack trails.

A 2.5 track has been the standard up until 2017 and works very well in all conditions

Sweet. Maybe headed toward 2 or 2.5 on the track then.

I wouldn't split hairs over half an inch.... both haul in the pow, both over heat without scratchers on a hard packed trail.

Under 6K is going to take some looking, dealer trade in price on 2014 XM 163 is still over 6k. ..... I would just wait till winter ends and everyone starts needing summer toys.

https://classifieds.castanet.net/det...nanci/3367087/
    This one only has 2200k on it, seems like a killer deal.

the 2013 is a very similar build, but without t-motion...so that's something to consider... especially since the aftermarket T-motion Delete kits are selling like wildfire.
    That certainly looks like a good deal - but has probably been ridden hard.

You've got me confused on the T-motion comment - I thought that was all the rage nowadays? Was recommended to me to try to go for a 2013 or newer that had it. I was kind of figuring for my budget I was gonna go a year or 2 previous to T-motion, kinda like this one..

Set me straight?
    Drive slow, homie.

That certainly looks like a good deal - but has probably been ridden hard.

You've got me confused on the T-motion comment - I thought that was all the rage nowadays? Was recommended to me to try to go for a 2013 or newer that had it. I was kind of figuring for my budget I was gonna go a year or 2 previous to T-motion, kinda like this one..

Set me straight?
    I personally love T-motion. makes everything way easier.

However, some people complain that it makes the machine too responsive, and as a result it can wash out a bit on steep sidehills, with very little rider input. and to an extent that's true. .. but also makes a lot of other maneuvers easier
    ... at the end of the day, its the rider more than the machine.... Everyone I ride with has a BRP, ranging from this years model to 2013... from 154 track to a 175.... at the end of the day, everyone gets to the same spots, everyone gets stuck atleast once...Its mostly the Indian, not the arrow.

Team dirts skied doesn't getting ridden nearly as hard as his skis! That thing was a sled access tool set up to be durable with two people. Worth checking out.

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation as Z but based in Whistler. Same kind of budget but can go higher. Worried about spending too much money and just trashing it so 6k was what i was thinking.
    Can anyone recommend shit i need to avoid?
    I found a 2013 Arctic Cat m8000 with 1200k for 6k. Seems like a good deal but have heard people complain about Arctic cats durability in past. I am full JONG when it comes to sleds (pretty much everything really, but sleds especially)