Page 103 of 167 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4154
    Yeah do NOT drop 3k on that thing.

Did you damage the cooler? Chances are the drive shaft is fine. How bad is the track chewed up? Got any pics? I'm having a hard time picturing 3k or anything near that to get it going again.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Claim it on insurance. You do have it insured right? Haha

^^ oh yeah, premium plan. I'll get right on that.

No pics Kidwoo. It's at the shop right now and I haven't seen it since they removed the "boulder", which they claim they had to use a jackhammer to remove... I wonder what damaged the track, the boulder getting stuck or them getting it out . Looking around, I was unable to find any used tracks to fit this thing and the few new ones I found are $700-$1000.

Can anyone discuss the merits of buying brand new w/ warranty vs saving $5k+ and buying a >2013 low mile? Not interested in brapping as a means to itself. I use sleds to get deep in the backcountry and to shuttle up minorly steep slopes (for those familiar w/ Cooke- Rob's Knob, getting back to Lulu/Daisy/Wolverine/Goose Creek/Goose Lake, Henderson, purely ski-related).

There are some sweet late-model rebates at some of the dealerships right now...

Find out the pitch length of that track. You may be able to find a skidoo track (IE: same 16" width) that works. You don't need to find an exact 'apex' track necessarily.

As far as new sleds w/warranty.....if you're just using the thing casually for skiing, I personally don't see the point. But 11k is kind of a big deal to me. If it's not for you then hell yeah, hit it.

But you can get a completely reliable 4k used sled these days. But as with any used machine, do your research. My personal current jam would be a 2008-2011 arctic cat M8 or a 2008-2010 polaris rmk 700. Maybe a LATE model xp.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

They used a jackhammer to remove the rock??? I would have removed the skid....
    If you're not doing the work sell it.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I sold my 2012 skidoo XP with t-motion and sensible upgrades for less than $5000. Lots of great used sleds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I sold my 2012 skidoo XP with t-motion and sensible upgrades for less than $5000. Lots of great used sleds out there.
    Where are you located? How many miles?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Colorado. 3,000 miles

Talk to me about tunnel stiffeners. The guys at my favorite shop are trying to convince me I need one for rolling around with skis on my CFR rack. I am not so sure.

I spent all last season on my Yamaha Apex, usually riding with two pairs of touring skis, often faster than I should have thru heavily whooped terrain, and never saw any sign that I needed one. Maybe I was lucky?

I’m going to be on a ‘14 summit this year. Any reason why this one would “need” the tunnel stiffener? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I believe they mean for when you actually roll your sled with the skis on it - the skis will add additional torque and stress to the tunnel as the sled is rolling through the snow. I have them on mine - don't know if they're "necessary" but who wants a torqued/bent tunnel?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

They're certainly not a BAD idea, but I've got 2600 miles on my 13 Slummit, most of which have had skis on a rack that mounts a lot like a CFR, my tunnel is fine. Sled has been inverted many times with skis on, skis have been backed into trees while attached to tunnel, no problems.

eh?

Thanks. That makes sense. I rolled the yamaha about 200' down firm spring snow into a ditch with skis attached last year. Skis, sled, and rack were amazingly fine. Think I'll go without for the time being.

Speaking of racks, what’s currently the best for a new Summit X?
    My 10 year old CFR has been good, but not great.
    Looking at the MoPro’s and Skidoo branded accessories.

That Apex has a super beefy tunnel compared to the modern 2 strokers. You can bend the tunnel on an XM by pounding bumps with too much weight on the rack. To help to avoid this, you should mount the rack as forward as possible on the tunnel (i.e., close to the back of the seat), and add stiffeners if you plan to run lots of weight back there, and want to be able to go as fast as possible under all conditions. MoPros rack will strengthen the SkiDoo tunnel a bit too. I have an XP and a G4 Doo and I do not use stiffeners, but I'm careful not to get too sendy in the whoops when I have skis and boots loaded.

quality tandomobile sled- 4 sale- calgary area. great deal

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1316789395

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Speaking of racks, what’s currently the best for a new Summit X?
    My 10 year old CFR has been good, but not great.
    Looking at the MoPro’s and Skidoo branded accessories.
    Stick with cfr they have a linq compatible system, ski doo linq is ok but not very tough and will set you back about $500 for 2 sets...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Tunnel stiffeners are a must if you are carrying skis on a rack on your tunnel. The Tunnel will fold over time and its from the weight combined with the whoops. Doesn't matter how you ride the tunnel is not built for the weight of skis etc.... If anyone needs some in the Cgy area I have a brand new set of CFR's for a ski-doo 146-154 that i need to get rid of. Reasonable offers or trades related to skiing, biking, booze will suffice. cash preferred.

Bump because I want to fire my snowmobile up but I know I only have to wait a few more weeks to ride.

Early season is such a tease for the sled. Even after all the early damage i have done over the years, I still cant keep my self from getting at it.

I am just in the process of reassembling the machine after a pretty thorough tear down and cleaning. a few new bushings, bumper, skis ... and some fresh rivets. Sled hasn't been this tight since it rolled of the line.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

ordered a challenger extreme track today...missed opening week - apparently Vail Pass was all time past 2 days

All time in about 2% of the terrain. Lol. Love a good day at VP though

First sled ski of the year. Decent coverage but wind or sun fucked most everywhere. Good snow to be had in some spots though. Nice day to burn some old gas and get out of the valley cloud.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

While the amounts of snow required to sled appear to be eons away still in this neck of the woods, I'm prepping for the season of sledding. I bought a Pilot DS-2 ski to kit to replace my thrashed DS6.9 stock skis on my 08 Summit 800. A few things I learned and a few questions.

1. Installing the ski loops with a c-clamp sucks. Is there a better way to do this? Tried using a threaded rod through the inserts and nut and washer on both ends and tightening. Worked a tad, but then the rod snapped under the tension. Installing both inserts at the same time with a c-clamp sucks more than installing one at a time with a c-clamp.

2. The existing axle ski appears to be too short to sit flush against the bushings on both skis, both for the existing and current skis. There's a washer (well, actually only 3/4 of a washer is left for whatever reason, apparently ~1/4 of the washer broke away on both skis) acting as an additional spacer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRP.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	257194
    The 3/4 washer was between the spacer (part 14) and the leg (part 12). The kit comes with only a new nylon nut, skis, loops and carbides. As far as I can tell, the assembly should be (from R->L): bolt->washer->ski->leg & axle flush to ski-> spacer -> ski flush to spacer -> nut. It's my belief that parts 2 & 13 (cushions) are part of the ski bushings as I don't see how else they would fit from the schematic, but maybe I'm wrong.

ETA: this is what photos of the cushions look like from amazon, which specifies it as a bushing cushion and looks like the bushings on the ski.

Name:	BRP.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	257204

This is a photo of the finacee's skis. Mine looked the same except for the 3/4 remaining washer acting as a spacer between the specified spacer and axle on both skis. On one side I had to chisel the damn washer off.

Name:	IMG-6056.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	257199

This photo shows the gap (on the lookers right side of the ski) between bushing and axle in the new assembly.

Name:	IMG-6058.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	997.1 KB 
ID:	257200

Anyways, I'm hopeful the shop will have an answer for me but it's not local and I only am able to easily pop in when work takes me up that way during the day. I need at least one new axle and spacer regardless as one set has rusted/fused together and no amount of penetrant has had any effect. Hitting it with a hammer and chisel has only served to damage the parts. Am I missing some parts? Skidoo says that this ski goes with the XP... Presumably this gap is no bueno as a) I don't want my skis to be able to move L/R independent of the arms and b) to maintain lubrication keeping water out would be a good idea.

Thanks for any ideas.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Maggot snowmobile thread

There most definitely should be a pair of bushings in the ski. I dont believe there are any washers on the axel ( at least there are none on an xm) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1543210217.227090.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	257220

The bushings are part of the ski, I have gone through 3 pairs, all had the bushing installed ( and nothing else )

As for the grab rings, I have always just used bolts to secure them, way easier (and cheaper ) than the OEM rivet.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto