Page 18 of 167 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    X-mas day on the Pemberton Ice Cap with GoNads

And a little alpenglow glacier skiing...

^^^ sweet flics man! sounds like you need a burlier collar for your mastiff!

Let me just say that Chad KILLED IT for his first day on a sled, up the ice cap no less. Only got stuck once, and it was in a pretty hairy spot.

X-mas day on the Pemberton Ice Cap with GoNads

Daaaaaaamn, sweet pics! GN i luuuuuv your yellow/orange (or pink?) steeze, it pops!

Nads gets the fugg after it.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

I'm looking for leads on a new (to me) sled in CO. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to keep it under $3K if possible. Shoot me a PM if you know anyone who is looking to sell a decent used sled. Thanks in advance!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Way to get after it Chad and Nadia!
    Dammit we need snow down here bad...

Yeah, the stoke pictures are great. Good action, excellent photography as well.

I've only put about 8 miles on my sled this season and all of that was very tame 2-up riding with my GF for a little ski/boarding. Haven't done any strictly sledding yet. Need a bit more snow.

Quote Originally Posted by PROVO View Post
    ^^^ sweet flics man! sounds like you need a burlier collar for your mastiff!
    Thanks, I was so friggin worked I could barely muster the energy to shoot pics.

That collar situation was such a clusterfvck. Complete shitshow. I wish I could have a copy of the footage from the security cameras cuz you know they have like 30 angles of it. Hysterical now, but at the time it was 50/50 that I'd be turned around and looking at a 14 hour drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffballs View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I just want to make sure it's not going to be a headache from the get go. "The 900 polaris is truly the worst sled that has been created." makes me a little nervous.
    Hey man. I don't know if I'm too late or not but don't get that sled. I had the 700 version..........for about a month. The way the engine weight is distributed sucks, the shocks suck, and the 900s blow cranks in a way that even skidoo bashers would marvel at.

Trying to learn to ride on that sled will make you hate the activity.

EDIT: was this the one sitting on the road for sale in kings beach? I used to run into that guy all the time last year and he definitely had the same complaints I did with my 700.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 12-27-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Hey man. I don't know if I'm too late or not but don't get that sled. I had the 700 version..........for about a month. The way the engine weight is distributed sucks, the shocks suck, and the 900s blow cranks in a way that even skidoo bashers would marvel at.

Trying to learn to ride on that sled will make you hate the activity.

EDIT: was this the one sitting on the road for sale in kings beach? I used to run into that guy all the time last year and he definitely had the same complaints I did with my 700.
    What do you mean that 700 was a great sled.................... at least to watch you constantly get stuck with and swear at. The only sled I've ever seen that could bury its track on flat ground that already been ridden over 5-6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by VC View Post
    The only sled I've ever seen that could bury its track on flat ground that already been ridden over 5-6 times.
    Every sled has it's strengths.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Keith Wigdor Guest
    picked up a new toy just in time for xmas! (on left)

part back up sled, part sled for the lady

hopefully mostly just sled for her! she rallied like a champ on it today!

bring on the pow

Yeah, I know...my belt loves me.

First weekend of actually skiing with the sled. More to come later. (sorry, not many pictures)

Three???????

Whoa

Yeah, towing three on groomed roads...I was blown away how smoothly it towed actually...and there was some steep shit we went up!

But yeah...I think towing two and tandeming would have been better...or just having a total of three people instead of four. Either way, it worked.

oh and if anybody has a lead on some heavier front springs for my Rev Summit X let me know! I pulled the sway bar and BADLY need to go to something heavier....

You should let me build you a rack to reduce the towing.

Here's the one I built for RoanMtnMan and his Nytro.

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Yeah, a rack needs to happen ASAP. How long does it take for you to make one? How long would you want my sled for? I suppose this is all better suited for a PM...Oh well, too late.

[QUOTE=Pow4Brains;2674578]You should let me build you a rack to reduce the towing.

How much does that thing weigh?

JJ - Bring it by for a night and we can get it fit up (you can take your sled home that night). I'll weld it the next day.

Girardeau - 7 pounds on the head for the Nytro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    You should let me build you a rack to reduce the towing.

Here's the one I built for RoanMtnMan and his Nytro.

You want some money?

Cuz I want a rack.

I've got the same sled/tunnel as JJ so it would be the same pieces.

Yeah I can hook you up. What sled is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Yeah I can hook you up. What sled is it?
    04 summit x Rev, 144 track/tunnel which is I think the exact same tunnel JJ would need one for.

Hells yeah

PM me your number or I'll send you mine. Let's chat.

Yeah-Woo, same exact sled.

Pow4Brains, I can bring it by no problem. Where you at P4B? I'll send you a PM shortly

Woo-Did you pull your sway bar? If so did you do anything to your suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    oh and if anybody has a lead on some heavier front springs for my Rev Summit X let me know! I pulled the sway bar and BADLY need to go to something heavier....

Oh, and stop towing. Fuck that shit. No such thing as that good a friend.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

I've got a 07' Rev 800 151, and 01 Arctic 136, nothing like getting fresh turns on a sled where you can get your turns in both while going up hill and down, and exploring the bc with a camera getting to places that most people never see in there winter. This will be my 4th season out riding, and am really looking forward to it. Spent a good part of summer learning how to work on 2stroke motors and tuning up my ski doo. I usually ride Saturday & Sunday, and tend gravitate around the ridge, flats, or some secret sports off the K trail. I'm hoping to spend a bit more time this season on the shewin side of things before we loose the area, and finally make it up to Sanora Pass.
    brahm