Page 91 of 167 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4154

Maggot snowmobile thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Whats everyone running for ski racks? Is CFR still king? They sure are proud of what they do....
    I know some have been critical of mopros advertising approach on this sight, but do yourself a favor and take a look. I ski with a half dozen guys who have them and love them (I’ve got one also). Several guys even ditched their CFRs for them. They are bomber, the sled will fall apart long before one of these racks will. The install on Arctic Cats is definitely more fiddly than on a doo or Polaris though

*no affiliation with mopros, I just like it when gear works the way it should

Maggot snowmobile thread

I have had a CFR rack for almost a decade, and the 10 or so guys I regularly ride with do too. It's a bomber set up. There may be other options around, I don't really know anything about the competition. But CFR has been quality. And the company is easy to deal with.

They have a pile of options now, but my fav new feature is their quick release system to take the rack off... or run it with a Lin-q system ( for the BRP guys)

No matter what rack you run, I would look into some tunnel stiffeners.... never seen a bent tunnel from too much load before, but that would be a pricey nightmare.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I have a CFR racks on both my AC sleds. I mounted them just behind the bag behind the seat, I figure it is better to put the lightest stuff the farthest back so only have like a belt bag on the tail.. I do have after a Skinz bumper on the 2014 and a AC Pro Mtn on the 2018 which stiffen the tunnel a lot. Nice thing on the Cats is you don’t need to worry about any tunnel cooler when mounting the rack.

Finally got out for a ride on the 2018 yesterday. Was running in break in mode so just kept hammering the throttle and dropping off once it hit the rev limit, acceleration was good as far as it went but nothing special. Was just road riding to do this and break in the belt, Finally after about 1/2 hour it didn’t get limited and I almost went off the back of the sled when it actually revved out. Holy shit has this thing got some power, you have to really hang onto the handlebars when it goes, and it goes pretty much from idle. Buddy was riding my 2014 which has some clutch work but ~3000km and when I dropped the hammer he tried to stay with me but wasn’t even close. And he thought the 2014 was a beast coming off a 2008 Dragon.

Snow wasn’t good enough to really get any idea of sidehilling or float, but pretty impressed with the motor so far.

For cmcrawfo and other Vernon dudes, there's a guy on kijiji selling CFR garage knock-offs for $350 out of your city, rack and 2 ski/board mounts. Anyone have experience with his work?

I went out to dust off the sled, change the gas etc. I found out that a rat has decided to make a nest in the engine compartment. The little bastard ate through 6 wires, my fuel line and ate my ignition coil ($125) !!!

I didnt see that one coming, I thought I was a pull start away from riding
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    For cmcrawfo and other Vernon dudes, there's a guy on kijiji selling CFR garage knock-offs for $350 out of your city, rack and 2 ski/board mounts. Anyone have experience with his work?
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-p...ationFlag=true

Oh ya, that rack looks familiar.... he does pretty good work and He even molds all the plastic himself. the bungee system seemed to be reliable and very cost effective.

for what it's worth, he is a ripper too. some of the gnarliest ski lines I have ever done have been with Dustin.

Thanks cmcrawfo! Good to know some local verification.

He is a good bud, very talented at making shit. Currently making some metal railings for my floating stairs in my house. Pro wakeboarder, snow shredder and sledder.

Here is his site: https://www.backyardboltons.com
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Another vote for the mopros rack. I've pretty much seen and used them all with friends these days and that is by a good margin the best pre-made rack system I've seen.

That's the one I (mostly) copied when I built my own.

Their blatant spamming of message boards makes me NOT want to buy one of their racks though
    Last edited by kidwoo; 12-11-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Another vote for the mopros rack.
    They've somehow managed to make them even more expensive than the CFR stuff!! $569 for two pairs of skis, minus 80 for raw aluminum color.

Plus their website is annoying.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Agreed.

One of many reasons I make my own racks.

Just sayin though....if you're going to get a rack for two pairs and/or a snowboard, they're on par with CFR for the most part. I wouldn't spend that kind of money on either but if I were, I'd probably get the mopros. I don't really see the price difference as being hUdge. CFR is actually more if you get the link compatible rack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cfr.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	218628
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

^^^ and this why I was very interested in hearing about Dustin's work. $375CND shipped. Now I just have to reserve funds for lower A-arm replacements, damn thin snowpack!

^^^ and this why I was very interested in hearing about Dustin's work. $375CND shipped. Now I just have to reserve funds for lower A-arm replacements, damn thin snowpack!
    Have you tried Redline motorsports, just between vernon and armstrong? He usually has decent prices on used parts.

Don't see them on his website, and I'm not exactly local. Looks like a great product for about half the price of the big guys.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Maggot snowmobile thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Don't see them on his website, and I'm not exactly local. Looks like a great product for about half the price of the big guys.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-p...ationFlag=true

And I miss quoted the total price. $360 plus $25 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Have you tried Redline motorsports, just between vernon and armstrong? He usually has decent prices on used parts.
    Been using royal distributors. They seem to have the best price for new with free shipping. But I'll give Redline a look. Thanks!

Racks:

You can buy a block of HDPE for $60 on Amazon and you can buy all of the ratchets from CFR for $125. Weed and beer sold separately. I think my rack is better than the CFR rack.
    Hello darkness my old friend

https://www.porttackracks.com/

Still love mine. No problems with it or the ski racks. and they're affordable.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Racks:

You can buy a block of HDPE for $60 on Amazon and you can buy all of the ratchets from CFR for $125. Weed and beer sold separately. I think my rack is better than the CFR rack.
    maybe pitch that idea to the guy looking to invest is $270,000 trust fund in the PR.

CFR comes with lots of bro cred. its like buying bindings that have a din of 18.... sure, there are cheaper options.... but what would my instagram followers say.

Looks like you have to have the skis far back as the bindings won't let you mount the skis too far forward? With cfr the angle lets you have your skis way forward on the tunnel/rack. Less stress, better clearance.

Been using royal distributors. They seem to have the best price for new with free shipping. But I'll give Redline a look. Thanks!
    2nd Redline. He is sort of family (in law) as well, good straight up guys and they seem to have a ton of stuff out there.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Racks:

team home made!

I found some uhmw blocks on ebay/McMaster and did the same. Bought some thin uhmw sheets for the straps. Cut the blocks with a bandsaw.

Got the rachets from the cheap ass rental binding replacement bin at my buddy's snowboard shop. The big reason I keep building my own for whatever sled I have at the time is that I can carry skis along the running boards when getting out to a spot and punching in trails. I don't like having all that shit hanging off the back when riding. I've seen too many people break skis with cheetahs. If most of your skiing is pretty tame in terms of putting in tandem routes than no biggie obviously. But I like being able to get to my bumper without a bunch of ski tips/tails in my face. I also put some snowboard baseplates on the rack to carry my ski boots because I'd rather kick myself in the nuts than ride in ski boots any more than I have to.

that port tack rack looks like a good cheap option. They need to get some angle on the skis like the cheetahs do though.

And fuck cheetah. 80 bucks for 8 ratchets.

https://testpilotmn.com/collections/...ge-pump-buckle
    Last edited by kidwoo; 12-12-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    team home made!

I found some uhmw blocks on ebay/McMaster and did the same. Bought some thin uhmw sheets for the straps. Cut the blocks with a bandsaw.

Got the rachets from the cheap ass rental binding replacement bin at my buddy's snowboard shop. The big reason I keep building my own for whatever sled I have at the time is that I can carry skis along the running boards when getting out to a spot and punching in trails. I don't like having all that shit hanging off the back when riding. I've seen too many people break skis with cheetahs. If most of your skiing is pretty tame in terms of putting in tandem routes than no biggie obviously. But I like being able to get to my bumper without a bunch of ski tips/tails in my face. I also put some snowboard baseplates on the rack to carry my ski boots because I'd rather kick myself in the nuts than ride in ski boots any more than I have to.
    Pictures of your rack?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk