Page 111 of 167 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4154
    Compete? The other two brands are still ahead even with Alpha coming out. Kitty Cat needs to keep trying to compete.

Guess nobody heard of the G4?

Blurred nice wheels! Welcome back!

Same 10 year old thread with the same 3 questions:

1) how do I carry my skis on my sled
    2) how can I carry my sled on my quarter ton truck
    3) what’s the issue with my 10 year old sled not working that I just purchased...

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Can’t believe this thread is over 10 years old AND still going strong! Fittingly, I picked this up this weekend. The hype about this sled is real. Incredible!
    Attachment 266799
    You doubled on that yet? Curious how it behaves and haven’t heard a review from any sled skiers. Seems like two dudes 50lbs apart would make for a sketchy ride.
    Snowmobiling is not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by TAHOEDOWN View Post
    You doubled on that yet? Curious how it behaves and haven’t heard a review from any sled skiers. Seems like two dudes 50lbs apart would make for a sketchy ride.
    Wondering the same
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

2 dudes 50lbs difference can be sketchy on any sled if one doesn't no what he's doing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

People don’t seem to have trouble doubling on Doos, even with the t-motion, not sure why it would be worse on the Alpha. Might even be better when you have to sidehill across tracks to get up a hill since is supposedly doesn’t get knocked around crossing them. But yeh, haven’t seen anyone posting about that, just how awesome it is to ride. Maybe it’s so fun that all the sled tourers have just become riders. ��

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    2 dudes 50lbs difference can be sketchy on any sled if one doesn't no what he's doing.

ya, but the alpha falls over if you just look at it. Just watch someone try and load it on a sled deck that isn't squared up and level.

Awsome sled for women, the disabled and the elderly.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Blurred is pretty elderly at this point

Hah, this thing floats, even with it's heavy weight. Nice to ride from point a to point b. Fun? Maybe not, but damn this 900 ace engine runs with fumes comparing my old 600 h.o. Polaris. Cheap kilometers!

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

ya, but the alpha falls over if you just look at it. Just watch someone try and load it on a sled deck that isn't squared up and level.

I'll have to check one out, I am getting close to 50....

Doo riders who hopped on my 2014 Cat used to fall over as soon as they tried to sidehill as well. . Maybe that’s who you are seeing trying to ride the Alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    My buddy says the Alpha will do everything his 15 Prolite 900 will do without all the noise, that's pretty incredible if its true. Can't wait to see what the other manufactures do to compete.
    It's impressive. Hop on one when you get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Guess nobody heard of the G4?

Blurred nice wheels! Welcome back!

Same 10 year old thread with the same 3 questions:

1) how do I carry my skis on my sled
    2) how can I carry my sled on my quarter ton truck
    3) what’s the issue with my 10 year old sled not working that I just purchased...
    Thanks man. This is Teton Gaper Research isn't it?
    Doubled on it yesterday for roughly 5 miles. Feels like any other sled, in pow it's more tippy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

TRUTH
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    People don’t seem to have trouble doubling on Doos, even with the t-motion, not sure why it would be worse on the Alpha. Might even be better when you have to sidehill across tracks to get up a hill since is supposedly doesn’t get knocked around crossing them. But yeh, haven’t seen anyone posting about that, just how awesome it is to ride. Maybe it’s so fun that all the sled tourers have just become riders. ��
    Yes. I think there's better ways to sled ski than getting an Alpha. I have an old m1000 that I've beat on for years. Kind of like hauling wood with a truck. I'd rather use an old truck.

Really? I have a lifted truck on 37's with a sled deck and short ramp. Alpha loads up just fine. Maybe you're too elderly to load one?
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Blurred is pretty elderly at this point
    Nothing boner pills can't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Doo riders who hopped on my 2014 Cat used to fall over as soon as they tried to sidehill as well. . Maybe that’s who you are seeing trying to ride the Alpha?
    The Doo riders are a brand loyal bunch, right? They're just jealous to see a better sled built that doesn't get totaled after hitting their ski on something.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic...cked-bulkhead/

Couple shots from the past couple years while waiting for the light to come back:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0294.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	268063

Name:	DSC_0504.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	726.1 KB 
ID:	268064

Name:	DSC_0701.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	597.6 KB 
ID:	268065
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by NWFlow; 02-04-2019 at 04:33 AM. Reason: compression on photos

It's impressive. Hop on one when you get a chance.

Thanks man. This is Teton Gaper Research isn't it?

Doubled on it yesterday for roughly 5 miles. Feels like any other sled, in pow it's more tippy though.
    Rad that's what I wanted to hear. I'm on a 18 MC and love it, but am thinking about my next whip. I'm guessing cat is going to drop an 850+ and upgrade the monorail construction in 2020. If so, I'm in!

Rad that's what I wanted to hear. I'm on a 18 MC and love it, but am thinking about my next whip. I'm guessing cat is going to drop an 850+ and upgrade the monorail construction in 2020. If so, I'm in!
    Last weekend, we had a crew with all the latest sleds. My Alpha, my buddies sled like yours (with a supercharger=rodeo awesomeness btw) ski-doo 850 and the new Pro 850. I hopped off my Alpha onto the 18 cat and couldn't believe how similar they felt. It's a pretty subtle difference. Polaris pro 850 was strangely similar too. We agreed that the Alpha had more power on the low/mid end than the pro 850, but give the top end to the pro perhaps. As much as you'd think the monorail would be sketchy on a groomed trail, you really can't tell much of a difference. The only big difference in a negative way the Alpha is weird is off-camber single track when the throttle side is on the downhill. Especially if you drop a ski off the trail it's really difficult to keep your weight on the left side of the sled and reach over and grab the throttle. It's so tippy to the downhill side that having a lefty throttle on one would make sense. It's a real struggle to keep it the weight on the left side in that instance to get the sled back on track. Love the sled!

Last weekend, we had a crew with all the latest sleds. My Alpha, my buddies sled like yours (with a supercharger=rodeo awesomeness btw) ski-doo 850 and the new Pro 850. I hopped off my Alpha onto the 18 cat and couldn't believe how similar they felt. It's a pretty subtle difference. Polaris pro 850 was strangely similar too. We agreed that the Alpha had more power on the low/mid end than the pro 850, but give the top end to the pro perhaps. As much as you'd think the monorail would be sketchy on a groomed trail, you really can't tell much of a difference. The only big difference in a negative way the Alpha is weird is off-camber single track when the throttle side is on the downhill. Especially if you drop a ski off the trail it's really difficult to keep your weight on the left side of the sled and reach over and grab the throttle. It's so tippy to the downhill side that having a lefty throttle on one would make sense. It's a real struggle to keep it the weight on the left side in that instance to get the sled back on track. Love the sled!
    That is awesome info thanks. I can definitely see how that left sidehill on firm would be tough. Just gotta man up and throw that fucker on edge.
    You gave the best comparison of all the newest and greatest I have seen. Looks like Alpha for the win!

Can’t believe this thread is over 10 years old AND still going strong! Fittingly, I picked this up this weekend. The hype about this sled is real. Incredible!
    Attachment 266799
    nice pic and sled! where is that?

after getting stuck too many times (like 10?) on my booster heavy nytro, I sold it and bought an alpha as well. got a nice rebate so close to standard MC price.

won't be towing anymore but will work on ski rack.

50 miles in the flat tops a couple weekends ago was amazing...and I dont know how to turn yet!

another question...how dumb or not is it to ride solo? probably a thousand variables but if u are in relatively close proximity to the truck and prepared AND in mellow terrain to learn? can see how it wouldn't be safe far from people,

similar to bc skiing solo? stay in safe terrace and manage everything that u can.

sledding takes time in the seat and I can get out a few times a week, but dont always have a schedule that matches my buddies

thoughts?

How far do you want to walk when something goes tits up? Or more exactly how far do you want to post hole? For myself the answer is not very far so I stick with friends.

One of the guys that I ride with occasionally is a search-and-rescue dude and he carries snow shoes. Just strapped them to my Alpha today.. I kind of figure it's not the greatest idea but i have spent a decent amount of time touring in mellow terrain.

I did dig my four-stroke nytro out many times by myself for what it's worth. But I guess it begs the question why they have to take it out by myself?

found this on snowest...

May be stupid as hell, but I'm a pathetic old single guy who lives in the middle nowhere. If I wasn't snowbiking, I'd be in Thailand or Mexico banging hookers. So not a lot safer!

Almost never solo. It is a social activity. 3 guys mostly. It is like a powder country club.

Maggot snowmobile thread

Solo trips are the same for any activity. Keep the terrain/exposure mellow, register a trip plan with someone, have a means of communication out, and be ready to spend the night if needed. And ya, if I am out for a rip alone, my old MSR denali classics misery slippers get strapped to the ski rack.

Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Solo trips are the same for any activity. Keep the terrain/exposure mellow, register a trip plan with someone, have a means of communication out, and be ready to spend the night if needed. And ya, if I am out for a rip alone, my old MSR denali classics misery slippers get strapped to the ski rack.
    Keep in mind,anything can go wrong, sled can pin u down, u can fall in a creek, u can step into a hole, u can get bucked into a tree well, just to name A few scenarios. These are all common scenarios where u need someone to help u immediately. No partner means, no rescue= u die. Been there done that. Don’t ride alone- always keep ur partners insight!! If Shit hits the fan u only have minutes at best to save someone or resistate someone.
    Been sled skiing the mtns since 1996- this is strong advice from someone very experienced in sledding and skiing- Don’t ride alone- shit can go wrong quick when u have a throttle.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-15-2019 at 10:18 PM.