Page 121 of 167 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    We started sled skiing after the first day of sledding. But I cheated and got a 2019 175in 850...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think it took me a solid season on my M-series to figure out the powder thing. Even then, I'd feel like a hero in light pow, but would promptly humbled a day later when it had set up.

Have been wondering if the new sleds have changed the learning curve, but haven't ridden one cuz I know I'll want one.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I think it took me a solid season on my M-series to figure out the powder thing. Even then, I'd feel like a hero in light pow, but would promptly humbled a day later when it had set up.

Have been wondering if the new sleds have changed the learning curve, but haven't ridden one cuz I know I'll want one.
    Big difference in handling from a m series to something current. Like night and Day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My 8th or 9th day (Friday) I was sledding fairly tight trees in 4-5 ft of light pow. Took yesterday off, today was out and it set up, but was still ripping around. Didn’t get a chance to ride tight trees cause we were doubling for sled skiing, but I didn’t really have any issues riding solo. Got up a bunch or climbs that usually scare me first shot with out any issues. If in doubt throttle out.

I did get on my roommates 09 800 165 today and I had to wrestle it up on edge, where mine just flies around with one ski in the air like it’s nothing. I can’t make his sled side hill, but am doing pretty good on mine. It’s amazing how much narrower my seat and sled is. I feel like I’m sitting on a horse when trying to drive the 09, but on mine it’s like standing in the spirts ready position, feet shoulder width apart, ready to react.

Please don’t take that like I don’t have a long ways to go to be good, but my friends said I’m way ahead of where they thought I’d be after half a season. I have so much to learn, but it’s a good learning curve so far, and I’m excited to get out and expand what I can do.

Only recommendation I have is if you don’t have the $12-14k for a new sled, don’t get on one of the modern sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Big difference in handling from a m series to something current. Like night and Day.
    Figured it was a major improvement, but not as drastic as you guys are saying. If it really is night and day, I'm more optimistic than ever about having some buddies rent new ones for a day and get 'em hooked. Pre RMK Pro taking new people out in pow was all "no no I promise it's really fun once the aggressive counter steer + wrong foot forward + weight transfer maneuver clicks."

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Please don’t take that like I don’t have a long ways to go to be good, but my friends said I’m way ahead of where they thought I’d be after half a season. I have so much to learn, but it’s a good learning curve so far, and I’m excited to get out and expand what I can do.

Only recommendation I have is if you don’t have the $12-14k for a new sled, don’t get on one of the modern sleds.
    Sounds awesome. I don't ride enough to justify a new sled. Part of that is not having enough riding buddies. If the new sleds really allow newbies to have fun w/o the brutal learning curve, I have some pals in mind that could be converted to sledders pretty quickly. They can provide the $14k sleds.

Figured it was a major improvement, but not as drastic as you guys are saying. If it really is night and day, I'm more optimistic than ever about having some buddies rent new ones for a day and get 'em hooked. Pre RMK Pro taking new people out in pow was all "no no I promise it's really fun once the aggressive counter steer + wrong foot forward + weight transfer maneuver clicks."

Sounds awesome. I don't ride enough to justify a new sled. Part of that is not having enough riding buddies. If the new sleds really allow newbies to have fun w/o the brutal learning curve, I have some pals in mind that could be converted to sledders pretty quickly. They can provide the $14k sleds.
    Friday we were in 50-60 inches of fairly light pow, I was flying around, still got stuck a few times but that’s life. Roommate came up with his (09 800 165) and turned around after 200ft of off the trail riding cause he got stuck 3 times and couldn’t go up hill. Make them rent new Ski-Doos (or whatever shop you have close by and like the guys at), it’s cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Access for skinning is fine, in fact since you can get thru trees that you would have no chance of navigating on a sled, it can get you to places a sled can’t. But no way to do laps using a bike.
    No kidding - that is cool. I’m not a moto person but it makes a lot of sense when you have to navigate below treeline.

My engine light ending up being the knock sensor code. Shop said it can be anythign from the top end going to the sensor being damaged. fingers crossed for the second one...

Or crappy gas

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    My engine light ending up being the knock sensor code. Shop said it can be anythign from the top end going to the sensor being damaged. fingers crossed for the second one...
    If the light doesn’t stay on and ur sled is working don’t worry about it. Ur just throwing $ at a imaginary problem that they most likely won’t be able to pinpoint. No matter what-Don’t take it to Revolution! That guy will tell u it’s this and that and charge u up the yang and it will never be fixed!!

Al’s good in Pemby-but if u do t know him ur sled will sit there all winter without being looked at. Squamish is better bet!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    If the light doesn’t stay on and ur sled is working don’t worry about it. Ur just throwing $ at a imaginary problem that they most likely won’t be able to pinpoint. No matter what-Don’t take it to Revolution! That guy will tell u it’s this and that and charge u up the yang and it will never be fixed!!

Al’s good in Pemby-but if u do t know him ur sled will sit there all winter without being looked at. Squamish is better bet!
    Lol i swear i had this word for word conversation with my boss at work last night!
    Noted. My buddy got fucked around by No Limits too so I dunno where to head. Thanks for the input.

Also thought about the gas thing, it happened first time out for the season. I did put stabilizer in it, but its def a possibility too.

What year/ model sled?

Is route 99 still around?
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-15-2020 at 07:01 AM.

But no way to do laps using a bike.
    Maybe you just gotta want it more.

It quit snowing here, let's go try to tandem on a snowbike.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

What year/ model sled?

Nope, they closed up a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Maybe you just gotta want it more.

It quit snowing here, let's go try to tandem on a snowbike.
    Well maybe If I had a 450 or larger. And we both weighed 145.

Right now my engine is in the shop getting a new gearbox and motor refresh. Broke a tooth on 4th then had to ride out so trashed the gearbox. Engine is just a ‘while your in there’

Hasn’t snowed here for a while either. Into the Feb dry spell.

What year/ model sled?

2015 xm 163

Well maybe If I had a 450 or larger. And we both weighed 145.

Right now my engine is in the shop getting a new gearbox and motor refresh. Broke a tooth on 4th then had to ride out so trashed the gearbox. Engine is just a ‘while your in there’

Hasn’t snowed here for a while either. Into the Feb dry spell.
    You have a snowbike smaller than a 450?? That's surprising. I'd consider a 450 the minimum needed.
    What is it?

350 Beta. And it works just fine, can go all the same places my buddies 2020 Yamaha 450 fx does.

350 Beta. And it works just fine, can go all the same places my buddies 2020 Yamaha 450 fx does.
    What kit/length and what elevation you ride?
    I love my 350 for singletrack, but i wouldn't ask it to push a big track uphill in deep pow.
    Glad it works for you!

Well, got to enjoy the alpine sun for a short bit today, but now a drive pulley rebuild is in order. Hope my clutch didn't take too much abuse from the breakdown. Damn mid-season hiccups.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    What kit/length and what elevation you ride?
    I love my 350 for singletrack, but i wouldn't ask it to push a big track uphill in deep pow.
    Glad it works for you!
    Camso DTS 129, Whistler area. Starting around 300m up to 2200m. Our snow is not usually of the super light variety. And yes, steeps requires some more innovative lines rather than point and shoot. In any case, This is my first year on a snowbike, and the first year in a long time I will be riding a dirt bike in the summer. Summer I am in Alberta, and the trails I want to ride are mostly tight technical trails in trees, I used to ride a 175 2 stroke which was perfect for that, no way I would want to ride a 450 so 350 was best compromise I could think of.

I'm late to the party here, but I took a spin on Rick's 2013 XM last season and it's a different fucking sport than our M7s. And supposedly the brand new ones are even better.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm late to the party here, but I took a spin on Rick's 2013 XM last season and it's a different fucking sport than our M7s. And supposedly the brand new ones are even better.
    Oh yeh, even the difference between my 2014 M8000 and 2018 Mountain Cat was big, and the 2014 had high end shocks and was updated to 2016 front end.

Yesterday was the first time that my sled didn't start after I came from couple hours tour. Shitty feeling, luckily I was close enough to civilization so I could ski out. Towed it back today and put it in warm garage for couple of hours. Then it started again normally... Kinda hard to trust it after this. Sled is Lynx commander ace900 2019. Too much electric parts!

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60400563561__6D75F1B1-8BCB-43D5-9ED7-9E467302F660.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	237.1 KB 
ID:	317082

Oops I did it again

Selling this:Attachment 310127
    Attachment 311776
    Attachment 311777
    Attachment 311778
    Attachment 311779
    2018 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat
    Price dropped to 9500. More pictures available
    162 x3” Track. 1418 km, 57hrs. Warranty until Nov 2020.
    Has Cat Pro Mtn front and rear bumper and running boards.
    Magnetic Tether.
    Full warranty service, chain case oil changed in September, one ride since then.
    In excellent shape with only one significant scratch.
    Can come with CFR rack with two ski snowboard brackets, extra belt, several liters of Ctec oil, fitted travel cover depending on price.

Because I’m on one of these:Attachment 310128

This year.
    Price dropped to 8750.00 sled only, no accessories.