Page 69 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4154

Thread: Maggot snowmobile thread

Looking at racks, want to carry skis and gas, but sometimes want to carry a ton of shit and set up camp from the sled. It seems the TMP racks are going to give me the largest capacity for all my junk, and carry 2pr skis/boards comfortably for the regular days.. However, it doesn't seem like they do very much for tunnel stiffness. Thoughts on using the CFR blades and TMP rack together? Suggestions on carrying a lot of junk? Is there a better option than TMP for that? With stiffeners, is a pull sled still a bad idea?

nice buy angry-dude!!! did u talk him down ??? ... wot eve a good buy is the key, coulda shoulda wotev for the rite sled. you'll be happy.

if ur just gunna learn and ski tour dont worry about a rebuild this year unless she gets "noisey" ... shit, it may live along time yet like mine. but its a 2stroke !!!

pull sled is fine, but is the trail off camber ... groomed trail is fine. just dont stop suddenly!

I dont use a rack, everything goes on the tunnel, even on multi day cabin missions with beer and gas. but my sled is special !!!

racks seem expensive and rarely live up to one's needs. surely u can work out wot u need and think up sumthang ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Yeah, got him down 750. I can probably think something up, but I just don't have much in the way of fab stuff, and wont be able to make something good enough. I'll just buy it, fuck it. Going to work on sled-ifying the ramps I've got, and storage for the truck bed, that's enough tinkering for now.

Figured I'd be good till the summer, the last owner just rode roads with it and the km's are pretty low. He used Shell oil, but it's not too much worse than Amsoil/doo oil right? Fuckin sled is light, I am by no means a strong dude and I can just dead lift the front, pretty happy I got the lightest year of doo.

The TMP rack is beefy and seems like it would greatly increase tunnel stiffness with the aluminum angle sides.

I have a cfr load it up with a board on one side, skiis on the other, 2 10l gas cans, in rack and overnight bag full of what i need for the weekend if staying in a cabin. Strap down with bungees. Works great. I don't pound through the whoops with that much weight and never had an issue.
    We do use a tow behind tobogan with a proper hitch, works really good also but limits where you can go.

I had CFR blades mounted on the inside of the tunnel with a HD bumper on my XM 163 last season and loaded it up with ski and camera gear no problem. Ratchet straps > bungy cords. Obviously taking it easy on trail whups is the real key to a healthy sled and back, as well as not losing 1/2 your shit along the way up the trail! Was racing to get fresh tracks on some lines last season with another party whose leader (name withheld) thought full throttle would win on an icey whupped out trail. I took the slow and steady approach and found a breadcrumb trail of gear on the trail with said leader pulled over not to far later on asking me if I'd seen their pack while trying to pull bungy cords out of their track, Needless to say our team scored fresh lines that day!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416423813.786411.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	707.8 KB 
ID:	160582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416423834.405090.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	746.2 KB 
ID:	160583

Oh the joy of sled ownership! Here is the exploded view of my RMK 900. I haven't ever had issues with the motor in this sled, but the steering linkage and steering post brackets like to fall apart and It's unfortunate that Polaris designed the steering underneath the motor. This is the second time I've enjoyed working on the steering. And it is also a great idea to grease the spindles. In order to install better skis on this sled dhelihiker and I had to hacksaw off the ski bolts after hammering on them for almost an hour. When does the Zen start to kick in while working on this snow motorcycle maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    When does the Zen start to kick in while working on this snow motorcycle maintenance?
    As soon as you throw it off a cliff.............watching the calm, silent descent of all your frustrations. The plastic, the stainless steel. All sparkling in the sun......floating effortlessly towards a doom of which only you are aware.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Aahhh, I recall several days like that not long ago..... much better.

No I meant in the summer.

Or right now

......with you standing on the edge of the cliff smiling
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

there is no "zen" working on sleds ...

its fark this fark that, which retard designed this, why did they put that component under the motor, how the fark do I get a wrench on that. why did they put that brace there, why didn't they put a brace here, why wont this farkin nut undoo, why won't this nut doo up, why wont this bolt go in, why when and how does this rub on that, clearly it does, now I've got an intermitant electrical problem, fark now the battery if flat, I just tightened the chain and now its loose again, when the fark did that fall out, when the fark did that break, oh shit yet another crack, wot the fark does that code mean, gunna be at least $100 to find out its a senser failure and I have 1 sitting rite there on the shelf, farkin ice melt off I got shit to doo, shit its leaking fuel, rite by the wood stove, fark I'm still wearing my transever, and its still on, fark I don't want to get towed home again, fark my fingers are cold, damn the fire needs stoking again already, shit I'm outa beer, fark I'm hungry, fark that hurt, now I'm bleeding again thru greasey hands, will grease make this infected, fark now my fone is ringing, damn I need to piss, but with black hands, shit I need another part, oh fark the shop is shut today, where the fark is all this oil coming from, why does this bolt always come loose, where the fark did that bolt just fall, crap I'm out rags, fark I just slipped on the greasey floor, this music sux, but I'm too greasey to change it, fark I really want to ride tomorrow, shit everyone is having so much fun upstairs and I'm down here in hell, fark I'm too drunk to fark this up !!! fark it, I'm guna get a ride tomorrow with one of those assholes !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Haha! Truth.

Hahaha, fucking funny!

Is the Golden sled swap the day after the ski swap this year? I know it used to be, but I never had to pay attention to sled stuff before...

don't know ... havent heard and nothing was mentioned to me by either sled shop yesterdy and I was there awhile bullshitting about lotsa shit like the new rego shit.
    btw, don't pay it now, its not enforced til june2015. and who's sledding in june ... oh wait ... guys like you and me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post

its fark this fark that, which retard designed this, why did they put that component under the motor, how the fark do I get a wrench on that. why did they put that brace there, why didn't they put a brace here, why wont this farkin nut undoo, why won't this nut doo up
    No fooling...
    Pretty much the dialog I went through replacing the reed cages on both our Revs.

don't know ... havent heard and nothing was mentioned to me by either sled shop yesterdy and I was there awhile bullshitting about lotsa shit like the new rego shit.
    btw, don't pay it now, its not enforced til june2015. and who's sledding in june ... oh wait ... guys like you and me ...
    Hmm... well I've just got a bill of sale for my ride. Will I need more than that to register come June? If so, I better get er done now incase buddy moves/ whatever.

You'll need some extra money to pay the 12% of purchase price the gov will want when you register.

Been reading a lot about this on Snow&Mud, and the whole thing is about as clear as mud.

Shadam, do you know if it's not being enforced until June, or is that only if you already have the old sticker? In other words if you have a sticker you can put it off until June, but if you don't have a sticker you'll need to get a plate right now?

I got a ticket from that young ass CO last year at Redburn as I didn't have a sticker. Now do, so safe until next winter.

Shadam, you are spot on about that work. I felt hopeless for hours trying to remove the skis. And its really messed up that Polaris uses both standard and metric bolts! What kind of motor vehicle company would ever use both other than a snowmoblie company. I'd feel embarrassed if I were an engineer for them.

About the greasy hands though, ever since I started wearing gloves working on vehicles, I rarely bust a knuckle or get them greasy. Whodathunk?

BTW, Shadam, it was cool meeting you during the olympic torch run in 2010.

its fark this fark that, which retard designed this, why did they put that component under the motor, how the fark do I get a wrench on that. why did they put that brace there, why didn't they put a brace here...
    and that's why I go with a new sled out of the crate with warranty! Man, if I had to deal with that shit all the time, I wouldn't ever ride!

As far as I know, the whole plate thing is a farce. The BC snowmobile clubs are all trying to convince the province to stay with stickers, so the guy I'm talking to is saying the plate is pretty much useless for now. Maybe stash it under your seat just to have it, but where the fuck are you going to mount that thing anyway? I'm certainly not riveting it to my tunnel!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

shadam most of your hack writing usually makes me nuts but that rant at the top is solid gold! made me laugh my a$$ off. I have a guy in Calgary that I use, Old brp master mechanic that works out of his garage, The guy is a ninja whose rates are more than worth it for this type of reason!
    ON that note I am thinking of selling one of our sleds as it won't get used much this year due to a baby on the way. Just hate seeing it sit in the garage. It is my wife's sled a 2006 summit 800 144" track. Mostly used for access to cabins and touring. Obviously a few days sled lapping things.
    has electric and pull start, new battery last year with trickle charger on at all times. ice scratchers, jerry can, white CFR rack with dual ski mounts on both sides. Aftermarket LED rear light. Sway bar still intact. A few scratches here and there but runs tight and straight as an arrow. 3639km full stock. never gives us any problems. I have the stock windshield and rear light bar for it as well.
    If anyone is interested let me know. Not desperate to sell, just seems like a good idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-20 16.18.42.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	160641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-20 16.18.15.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	160642  

shadam most of your hack writing usually makes me nuts

buddy says $1500 ....

if u taink my rants r b\d try reading my brunkn text 2 my gf ...

Outstanding happy hour on Buff pass today!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416627743.417325.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	774.1 KB 
ID:	160667

Lovely. How'd the last storm settle? Hoping it is skiable soon.....

from my missunderstandings ...

the current rego system is on place til the new system starts in june ... so if it aint rego'd now, you can still be booked.
    yes angry-dude will have to pay 12% ... a total scam as every time a vehcile changes hands in BC they get all that tax again.
    no one wants to have to drill their tunnel to fit a plate. guys are guna fight this crap.
    bill of sale is all the website needs. go to snow&mud, there;s a few threads about it. one guy is a cop or CO and is trying to be upbeat about it all and is getting a hard time. but he has posted up some offical govn pages that explain your question ... but it the internet, not reality. so take it with a grain of salt. does the sled currently have a sticker?
    Eldo, how much was the ticket? wot info can you tell me about wot went down? I've never had a run in with them and hope I never doo. makes me want to go from the house more often. our main area we have a friend who lives near a logging road that leads to the main trail. we plan to stage there now as 2 cops live near the trail head and have been stopping peolpe and checking them out asking questions. and lets face it, I don't know anyone who's sled is rego"d and insured.
    and thats the next issue with this new system, insurance compliance. wot if buddy doesn't have a drivers licence for say, DUI, can he get insurance on a sled? no not me ... but I know guys without licences from not paying child maintenance ...