Page 140 of 167 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Anyone do a spring order?

I just put a deposit on a Lynx boondocker 4100

Stoked. That should get me through the next 5 years and then transition to an electric snowmobile.
    Did u try before you buy? Curious...

I spring checked a summit x 165. Was hesitant about the short tunnel but Doo finally has a short tunnel tow bumper so it made an easier decision. We tow often for overnighters....

I didn't try it. I did get to see it in person before it disappeared from the dealership. I didn't want the 34 inch stance and t-motion. I do want a turbo but I get to ride my buddy's on deep days.

Bonus Deep day again yesterday

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-sno-runner-6/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    personality I think the Polaris 440 or 550 are bomber engines late 90's early 2000's.
    picking up a 2009 polaris 550 rmk tomorrow for less than a grand. Apparently it's an old alta snow making sled. If it's a lemon oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    picking up a 2009 polaris 550 rmk tomorrow for less than a grand. Apparently it's an old alta snow making sled. If it's a lemon oh well.
    Ya those snowmakers are hard on sleds I hear. But if it's the right price some of that minor shit can be fixed. And it doesn't need to be pretty to get the job done for another 1000 miles.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8415.JPG 
Views:	1439 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	370407 evening corn harvesting in effect.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Still winter up high

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

going to get this party going early....
    got rid of a doo, i have an x rack but never used cause did not want to drill, now have a polaris....what racks? dont want to drill the tunnel if i can help it. need to carry skis or on other days a no board
    what say yee
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Does Polaris have a Linq equivalent? If not, I don't see how you'd be able to get away without drilling holes. If they do have a Linq equivalent you'll probably need to use whatever accessory they make for ski/board carry, no? I don't know of anyone making a Polaris specific rack, but I'm on a doo so don't exactly search for them.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Name:  B4CF60C1-93D1-48D3-B42B-E300AC841D52.jpeg
Views: 794
Size:  77.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    going to get this party going early....
    got rid of a doo, i have an x rack but never used cause did not want to drill, now have a polaris....what racks? dont want to drill the tunnel if i can help it. need to carry skis or on other days a no board
    what say yee
    Why do you not want to drill?

i did not want to drill the tunnel on the last doo, but it’s now sold and gone and i’ve got this new to me polaris now.. how bout just listing all the makers of carriers.. One of the problems with the X rack was it got in the way of me moving the backtrack using the bar. It was always in my way. even if u removed skis or boards, I think I had it installed two doos back and not on the last one..but even empty it was bulky

I guess I might be willing to drill but I always thought there were some sort of coolant lines in the tunnel that could get penetrated by doing so
    www.freeridesystems.com

I guess I might be willing to drill but I always thought there were some sort of coolant lines in the tunnel that could get penetrated by doing so
    Correct - coolant right below the t-slot channels. Get a few of the square head bolts that Polaris uses to mount the seat bracket. If you regularly need to remove whatever you're mounting, use the Polaris "Lock and Ride" hardware instead, and carry extras for breakage.

The brands that I'm currently aware of are:
    -Cheetah Factory Racing (CFR)
    -Mo Pros
    -EZ-Rak
    -Back Country Adventure Gear
    -Tsaina (Backcountry United)
    -Port Tack Racks
    -SkiDoo

One big reason I asked about drilling the tunnel is I've been working on a rack that I'm going to be offering for retail purchase this fall. More details to come as I build out the website and finalize pricing. My target is to make it more affordable than all of the above options. In my (obviously biased) opinion, it does do some things better than most/all of the other racks on the market in terms of how it carries skis, snowboards, and splitboards, but it's not going to 100% meet the needs of everyone and that's OK. Of course, there will be a maggot discount. The rack will require drilling 4 holes in the sides of your tunnel to mount it.

Yes, many sleds have heat exchangers in the tunnel that you can't drill through. They are easy to see looking at the inside of your tunnel. There's usually plenty of room to drill and mount stuff, and almost every rack will require drilling some holes, but yeah, definitely check where your heat exchangers are located. I haven't had a chance to look closely at a Polaris, none of my friends ride them and I haven't had a chance to swing by a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    -Mo Pros
    -EZ-Rak
    -Port Tack Racks
    -SkiDoo

One big reason I asked about drilling the tunnel is I've been working on a rack that I'm going to be offering for retail purchase this fall. More details to come as I build out the website and finalize pricing. My target is to make it more affordable than all of the above options. In my (obviously biased) opinion, it does do some things better than most/all of the other racks on the market in terms of how it carries skis, snowboards, and splitboards, but it's not going to 100% meet the needs of everyone and that's OK. Of course, there will be a maggot discount. The rack will require drilling 4 holes in the sides of your tunnel to mount it.

Yes, many sleds have heat exchangers in the tunnel that you can't drill through. They are easy to see looking at the inside of your tunnel. There's usually plenty of room to drill and mount stuff, and almost every rack will require drilling some holes, but yeah, definitely check where your heat exchangers are located. I haven't had a chance to look closely at a Polaris, none of my friends ride them and I haven't had a chance to swing by a dealer.
    Color me intrigued. My system of PVC pipes and Voile straps works to hold the skis but wrecks me when I fall off the sled.

-Mo Pros
    -EZ-Rak
    -Port Tack Racks
    -SkiDoo

Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Mo Pros
    -EZ-Rak
    -Port Tack Racks
    -SkiDoo

ok, damn , i was just up where my sled is docked....too late for me to look now. i will wait for yours if it does not interfere with my heat exchanger...will it hold a "No Board" ? skis and a no board would b reall good for me
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by SDW View Post
    Correct - coolant right below the t-slot channels. Get a few of the square head bolts that Polaris uses to mount the seat bracket. If you regularly need to remove whatever you're mounting, use the Polaris "Lock and Ride" hardware instead, and carry extras for breakage.
    thanks for this. ok ive got to research all this to find where to get and what i need

lol whats a t-slot channel, im poltarded at this point since brand is new to me..;
    www.freeridesystems.com

thanks for this. ok ive got to research all this to find where to get and what i need

lol whats a t-slot channel, im poltarded at this point since brand is new to me..;
    Those two grooves on the Polaris tunnel are for mounting bags, gas cans, racks and such. They distribute the load and connect with a genius little system of bolts and T nuts.

RMK has had them for many years now.

^ thanks i wont benares my sled again for a bit but i will look at some interwebz pics to see. my 800 came with a tunnel bag behind the seat fwiw
    www.freeridesystems.com

Couple thoughts on the ski rack subject:

The CFR rack is really, really great. Bought one with the QP bag from a sledder that had no use for it and I used it a bunch last year. The whole kit is worth the money (though I'm very glad I found one used), well made, well thought out. This is the way to go if you want to spend $$$ and get a really well put together system.

Name:	PXL_20210812_154954240.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	382092

Any size ski boot will fit in the expandable bag and you still have room for beer. Riding in old snowboard boots (or sorels or whatever) then changing into ski boots when it's time to ski >>> chewing up your ski boot soles/plastic and being uncomfortable and handicapped while riding the sled.

Name:	PXL_20210812_160339359.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	382093

The holes on the CFR rack I bought line up with the Polaris grooves, but the T-head bolts it came with don't fit into the slots, they are too wide (maybe a subtle change from the Pro to the Axys chassis? I think the rack came off a Pro) I'm sure I could go find something that would work at the hardware store.

Name:	PXL_20210812_154718234.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	382095

Going to go a different route with the new to me Axys this year since the intended purpose is more sledding, less skiing, but of course I still want the option, so I dug out a gun rack from the back of my closet and I really like how it fits on the Polaris. I'll probably just strap a big drybag behind the seat for boots.

Name:	PXL_20210812_154424560.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	382096

Big benefit is that the Y parts of the gun rack come off easily so I don't have to disassemble everything for sled only days.

Name:	PXL_20210812_154541723.jpg 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	382098

One downside to the CFR rack is that it holds the ski tails a bit too far away from the seat and it can definitely get in your way.

Name:	PXL_20210812_154915540.jpg 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	382099

The gun rack setup above holds the tails right next to the seat/tank and will be much nicer for riding.

OK, looking at pics, the way the back of the running boards braces upwards to the tunnel on the Polaris *might* be an issue for my design. The design of my rack works awesome on Ski Doos (XP and XM for sure, Gen4 should also be fine) and definitely on M-series Arctic Cats. The newer Cats might have a similar issue as the Polaris with the running boards braces. I'd need to at least hold the racks up to the sled to see how things would line up.

Anyone in the CO Front Range have newer Polaris or Cats that I can come take a look at?

The rack is optimized for skis, solid snowboards, or splitboards in either split or solid mode. Powsurfs are possible (depending on how thick they are), and carry OK, but it's not ideal. Honestly the Tsaina rack is the best design for snowboards and powsurfs but the worst design for skis. If I was mostly a powsurfer I would not buy my rack, but it's fine for occasional use. It does carry skis very low and more out of the way compared to most racks. But if you're the type that wants one ski per side as absolutely close to the tunnel as possible (ala kidwoo) then a homemade/gun rack solution will still be best.

All of the newer mountain sleds have that running board/tunnel brace, 2012 and up for Cat, G4 (2016+) skidoo, Polaris since like 2006 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    All of the newer mountain sleds have that running board/tunnel brace, 2012 and up for Cat, G4 (2016+) skidoo, Polaris since like 2006 I think.
    Definitely not all Gen4s... appears the X does, the SP does not (even for 2022).

Anyway, if you're in CO Front Range and own a sled with that type of brace on the running boards, I'd love to come by and test fit with with a 6er for your trouble. If my current design doesn't work, I'll tweak and come up with something that does. I own a 05 M7 and a 13 XM, and most everyone I know has similar sleds, so have been working off those.