Page 30 of 167 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    Trail riding usually causes the sled to run hotter because snow isn't being kicked up in the track etc. and such for better lubrication.
    That's why, eh?

Water lubes the sled up!

Learn something new everyday.....thanks man!

Check out these racks. My buddy makes them and they are bomber. It is the lightest easiest rack I have ever used and you never have to worry about your skis coming loose.

http://ez-rak.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    That's why, eh?

Water lubes the sled up!

Learn something new everyday.....thanks man!
    The snow and resulting water does serve to lubricate/cool the hi-fax...

November pow/huck photos up at

www.NadiaSamer.com

teaser shots

Dam, I want to ride/ski with you!

BTW: You borrowed my skis for the Snowmass Freeride Comp , so technically speaking, I'm not stalking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Dam, I want to ride/ski with you!

BTW: You borrowed my skis for the Snowmass Freeride Comp , so technically speaking, I'm not stalking you.
    Thank you so much again for that! They carried me into 3rd

I'll be around your neck of the woods in January with my sled and skis. Would love to meet up for some turns, I owe you big time!

Pushed my A-Arm back SLIGHTLY. (3/8"-1/2")

Should I worry or align skis and say fuck it.

Nothing LOOKS bent and it took me forever to confirm the bend but its there. Thoughts?

Align your skis. You'll notice that shit going fast over packed snow.

I'm doing the same thing tonight to mine because I definitely notice it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

My thoughts exactly. Doing it tonight...just need a new spring puller and a 6 foot two by four

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Thank you so much again for that! They carried me into 3rd

I'll be around your neck of the woods in January with my sled and skis. Would love to meet up for some turns, I owe you big time!
    No biggie. I'll be in town off and on depending on the snow, but I know I'll be at
    X Games. Hope to see you doing X this this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    What's he screaming?
    "OW, my balls!"

Now that's KIR!

10 feet in Tahoe this weekend could close some roads/resorts. PM me if you can hook to snomo from the west side of hwy 50 or hwy 80.

I'm looking at getting a 162 m8, but it has an attack 20 track in hill climb direction. I'm in CO and have zero skills.

bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by spicy cha cha View Post
    I'm looking at getting a 162 m8, but it has an attack 20 track in hill climb direction. I'm in CO and have zero skills.

bad idea?
    ATK 20 is not a good everyday track either way . Pow direction is great in the fluff but once you hit a icy climb and you slide backwards it sucks . HC direction is great on packed hill climbs but sucks when it trenches , for braking going downhill it really sucks . Some guys have had luck making a jig w/ a heat gun and straightening out paddles in HC . (keeping them pressed down after heating ) also it roosts huge in HC blowing mass snow at any one behind you . I sold my ATK 20 to a guy in MI who sawed the paddles down to 1.5 for a durable MI boondocker . Then I bought a Camo Challenger and was much happier .

If the price is right it might be worth your time to swap . 162 track is long for me though . If you are the first guy in on the biggest days or drop into the gnarly shit holes or live in some really big country that doesnt get ridden much and you have to put trails in a 162 is what you need . Mostly a 153 is plenty good for most days .

Any sledders on here that run around the South Lake Tahoe area? I just got an 08 M8 162" and am ready for it to be snowing and to get out, and ride it like it wants to be rode!!

I've got a 2003 ski doo summit 151'' 700 SUMMIT, experimenting with ski carry.... I know a guy with an arctic cat that stuffs his ski tails in the rear seat storage compartment, up under the seat a ways and then bungy cords them together, does anyone know if this can be done on the older skidoo without jacking up the seat? its foam under there, is there a way to remove the seat and take out some foam, or is it all foam so go ahead and stuff the skis under there...It is hands down the best carry I've seen because of zero interference with riding etc.

A 151" 700 summit is a decent short track mountain sled for riding solo, but that's a tough 2 up ride over terrain.
    You need to re-think your questions regarding skiing with that sled.
    "It is hands down the best carry I've seen because of zero interference with riding etc."
    Really?
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    A 151" 700 summit is a decent short track mountain sled for riding solo, but that's a tough 2 up ride over terrain.
    I agree; a widetrack Skandic would be a better 2-up sled on rough terrain.

I have an 03 700, 156" track with a short tunnel extension. It is about as good as any mountain sled for riding 2-up. I have about 8" of riser, which helps, a lot, and a bass-boat seat plonked on top of the CFR rack/back of the seat for riding 2-up-sitting-down.

With the riser, it is as easy to Canadian as more modern sleds I've been on. As far as other 2-up positions, all mountain sleds kinda suck, unless your passenger is tiny - in front of the driver sitting down, sitting behind the driver, whatever, mountain sleds kinda blow.

Add a riser to that 700, it'll be fine (or, keep eyes peeled for articulating skid widetracks with real 2-up seats).

I get what he's saying about skis under the seat. I don't think it is feasible for the Slummit; you COULD take the seat off (a couple of 13mm nuts inside the storage compartment, big nut below the gas cap), carve out some foam, create a hole. You'd HAVE to put something in there - the middle of the seat would get REALLY flimsy if you did that. Huge tube? Make a rectangular tunnel? Then, if your skis are very long at all, they'd drag driving onto steep stuff.

I use a CFR rack on mine - www.cheetahfactoryracing.com - it is awesome. I tried all SORTS of things (and thought about hollowing the seat out for one pair, but decided against for reasons above), and the CFR just _works_.

Alternately, make something, or if you only need to carry one pair, gun racks on the bumper, tips up by the footwells, bungee holding the tips. Toepieces will get in the way Canadianing, but it is workable-ish.

CFR racks are worth every penny. Moving two pairs of skis around is a no-brainer now. Every other rack-variation I tried had significant negatives to go along with it.....

Iain

I missed the part where someone asked about riding anything 2 up? I think cliffhucker just wanted input on how to carry his skis on his sled. You're over thinking it. Putting skis in the seat is a great way to trash the seat and fill that shit with snow and ice. But, hey if it works for you go for it. I just rivet webbing and run voile gummy straps through it. Cheap, light and no extra shit on my sled when I'm sledding and not skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    I've got a 2003 ski doo summit 151'' 700 SUMMIT, experimenting with ski carry.... I know a guy with an arctic cat that stuffs his ski tails in the rear seat storage compartment, up under the seat a ways and then bungy cords them together, does anyone know if this can be done on the older skidoo without jacking up the seat? its foam under there, is there a way to remove the seat and take out some foam, or is it all foam so go ahead and stuff the skis under there...It is hands down the best carry I've seen because of zero interference with riding etc.
    Skidoos of that era have the perfect foot holes on the running boards to stuff your tips in and then bungee the tails behind the seat. Bases flat against the tunnel.

And you'll be fine tandeming on that sled.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I missed the part where someone asked about riding anything 2 up? I think cliffhucker just wanted input on how to carry his skis on his sled. You're over thinking it....
    Oh yeah, because going sled skiing works so well when you go solo.

Ghost ride the whip!
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

Cheetah makes a nice rack but I spent a lot of time and money making my sled lighter so I use the EZ RAK. My buddy makes them here in Mammoth and this years system weighs only one pound and are guaranteed for life. Hit me up for a discount code.

thanks for nothing, obviously, thats the sled I've got and I'm making it work, an 800 or 900 with a longer track would surely be better, but it would also cost twice what I paid for mine, besides, power isn't the only thing that gets a sled uphill. I mostly use my sled to access "deeper" areas that would take all day to skin in to. And play a bit on the way out.

NEW QUESTION: I've been bending over and paying for the special ski doo oil a few years now, anybody know of a cheaper alternative brand and a common place to get it, ie: autozone, walmart or somthing?

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    Oh yeah, because going sled skiing works so well when you go solo.

Ghost ride the whip!
    Huh?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Some of us use our sleds for approaches and ski with others with sleds whenever possible. Riding tandem sucks, as does towing.

Cliffhucker- I've gone back and forth on the oil thing. My wife had an 01 skidonkey 700 a few years back we put cheap shit from Rocky Mountain Supply (a ranch and home kinda place). Never had a problem. Those 700 motors are so much more reliable than most 800s IME. I'd just find an affordable semisythetic and go for it. Can't remeber the name of it off hand. I'll see if I can find an old container.