Page 65 of 167 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4154
    well just got on the sled train. picked up a 2011 arctic cat 3800kms warranty until feb couple spare belts and a case of the fancy oil for arctic cat sleds. Can't fucking wait. 3 weeks of work left then its on!!!!!!

Anyone in or near the Bitterroot valley looking for a backcountry sled/ski partner?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Pics of you wheeling that thing out, pinned in about two months.

Mandatory.
    For sure. Kind of scared what that thing is actually capable of! Shes coming out of the crate on friday, so some pics of me rubbing one out next to it in the driveway will have to suffice for now! Hahaha
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    so some pics of me rubbing one out next to it in the driveway will have to suffice for now!

I'm glad we're not neighbors
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Which of the Golden riding areas is best in the early season? Getting the itch...bad!

here she be!

Oh my god that GREEN!

Are you going out in public with that?

Oh my god!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Match my skis and boots woooooo. Well till i upgrade but I love it. Not a fan of the black skidoos personally.

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post
    Not a fan of the black skidoos personally.
    Dude don't say that so loudly!

They're listening!

Wanna spend more money on that? Ask me how! (I have the same sled sans green)

That'll gitter dun though. Nice work!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Not a fan of the black skidoos personally.
    THAT'S RACIST!!!!!!!

I like the green. had a racecar painted that color, it was rad. And fast.

Yup can't wait to get it out. If anyone in the Interior bc area wants to get out let me know(total sled jong though but whateva!)

O and kidwoo what do you suggest i get. dont have a ton of cash but if something is #lifealtering id drop some change on it!

Buy this
    http://www.bd-xtreme.com/bdxblackdia...bkit07-up.aspx

And then do this (free)
    http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213616

It will help the skid get up in deep snow better. The buying part needs to happen if you do the free part.

Then ride the thing a shit ton and figure out where you like your handlebars. Measure it.
    Then buy whatever risers that comes out to and buy one of these:
    http://canadasledparts.com/cgi-bin/p...rts&item=30196

OR the base model stock m series one. It's cheaper.

Those adjustable risers are shit and they do break. The idea of two grown men hanging off of them tandeming isn't one that the designers took into account.

And while you're there, buy this
    http://www.bd-xtreme.com/xtremeanti-...stsupport.aspx

You're welcome

None of that NEEDS to be done but if you get annoyed at the slop in the steering or feel like your sled could be doing better in deep snow.....there ya go. I've done all of that and think it's worth it.

Match my skis and boots woooooo. Well till i upgrade but I love it. Not a fan of the black skidoos personally.
    Hey, I resemble that!

Good luck with the new sled! Id say congrats, but that would be right up there with congratulating someone on their 1st hit of crack! Its a dangerous addiction!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

sledder buddy rode the 174 doo last year and didnt like. he bought a T3 163 ...

yo powder-dude, let us know wot you think of it when you get out on her ...

message me if anyone wants to play the, game ratbagger style, in golden. it will be a while before we start any real sledding as them rocks are a big issue in our terrain. yes I could go to quartz creek but fark that ... hilking for turns may start today !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

^^ Be keen, working next 3 weeks or so but if you need some help building trails or whatever Im keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    sledder buddy rode the 174 doo last year and didnt like. he bought a T3 163 ...

yo powder-dude, let us know wot you think of it when you get out on her ...

message me if anyone wants to play the, game ratbagger style, in golden. it will be a while before we start any real sledding as them rocks are a big issue in our terrain. yes I could go to quartz creek but fark that ... hilking for turns may start today !!!
    I never rode it either. Kind of an impulse buy. Never show up at the sled shop demo during spring fever with $500 cash in your pocket "just in case". Figure if I hate it, I can sell for at least what I paid. From what Ive heard from a reliable source who did actually ride it, its one of those classic "slednex are gonna hate it and the skiers are gonna love it scenarios. Like driving a tractor up the mtn"

Since I tend to fall into the latter category and need to way over compensate for lack of skill, Im thinking it will be good for me. I also weigh 200lbs dressed, so having more track is always helpfull!

The one big concern I do have is all the machining and weight loss tactics. New lightweight can never passed EPA standards, so tack on 5lbs. Shop owner telling me to add on mid track wheel kit where they removed for weight savings due to heavy vibration on trail. Really? I have no idea how a machined out chain case will react to way more torque from bigger track with 3 inch lugs, but logic screams warranty issue. Dont even want to think about the flimsy A arms on the new RAS front suspension, but I guarrantee that ain't gonna fall under warranty when they bend! I will be sure to do a informative review after I sell it if it turns out to be a lemon! Hahaha

^^ Be keen, working next 3 weeks or so but if you need some help building trails or whatever Im keen.
    A self-admitted sled Jong going out with the Ratbaggers. The only thing that could make that more entertaining was if you were a skier and not a boarder.

We actually have a lot of newbs in AB/BC these days, myself included. We should all get together and flail someplace this winter.

Shadam - what'd your friend not like about it? I've not ridden one, but I cannot imagine not liking it. I kinda see the skier vs sledneck thing, though. Seems like it'd be a freaking fantastic access tool.

Moot point, gotta live with what I've got for another year or two, and that's ok - pretty capable. I'll live.

2nd hand info on the 174. its geared down and I think that was the issue. just not the snappy power he was used to on his 2014 freeride. he rode well over 100 days last season and has riden many many sleds so he aint no bullshitter.
    not enough motor for the track we think. with a 4 year warrenty on these motors I expect to see a factory turbo on the 174 soon...ish. alota guys are turbo'ing the xm's and are very happy and no issues, just top end about every 2500km to be safe. and lets face it, if a guy is dropping 22g-25g wotz a few hundred bucks for a top end ...
    but for a skier/snowboarder it does seem the shizzle ...
    I've riden a yamy 300hp turbo nitro 174 3inch lugs and he drove out of shit holes that would have eaten any other sled. it was able to push so much snow and mega rooster tails. 300hp at elevation is a far cry from a etec 800 ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

yeah, can only imagine a true 300hp, or 250. Etec 800 = 155? at sealevel? I shudder to think what it is at 12k feet/3700m. ick.

Makes sense. Gearing down seems to work....kinda. Mass is mass.

I think it'd be a splendid ski lift, though. Agreed on the turbo - my mechanic friend is VERY conservative, kinda hates all things aftermarket (bordering on "to a fault"), but even HE has been impressed with the turbo kits he's installed. That's saying something.

My 13 XM will keep me happy for a bit, I think - it is enough sled that it gets the job done pretty handily.

AFAIK, 7 tooth drivers are required, but beyond that, it is pretty straightforward.

Option 2, more $$$, chaincase off a t3.

Several have done the 3" thing, though - I believe it works well.

I think I need to stop reading this thread. It makes no sense for me to buy a newer sled right now, going to be our first winter in Whistler, don't have anywhere to store it, and not sure how much time I am actually going to have to ski, let alone try to get out on a sled. But it's damn hard to resist.....

if I could choose my ride, it would be a XM freeride with a can and clutching ... the rest stays stock. its a great sled and Rodgers who I ride with luv's his. so do all the other sledder guys. its just sooooo farkin easy to unstuck. ok rodgers is 230lb but we dont dig for that machine. he hangs on to the front bumper and pushes snow under the track with his feet, getting right in under it. he pulls, I throtle and out she pops. often he just does the good old "pin and wiggle". I never thought getting unstuck could be so easy.
    sure a good turbo yamy can be bought for the same $$$ with BIG hp. but getting stuck can really ruin your day. once a yamy finds a creek in a shity way, you will regret some of your life choises ...

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Most sled newbz spend more time getting stuck / unstuck their first season than they do skiing.
    Talking about area skiing, doubt I would actually get a single run in off of a sled this winter