Page 40 of 167 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife View Post
    better than nothing my ASS... that looks WAY better than what we've got just a few hours north! Might have to come visit my bro down in crusty pretty soon!!!
    If you make it over, I'd be stoked to get out and ride with ya.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    How's she sidehill bro?
    Thats what I was checking, not as good as I hoped. So I pulled the sway bar, just ordered fox floats all around, tightened down the limiter straps, ordered some sweet neon graphics, and put on 50 lbs. I'm pretty sure that will work.

Yea CB is lookn bettr than here in vail, where we are riding mine fields. Rallied my 2001 800 summit up piney lakes area yesterday. We have a 2001 and 2002 800 w 2xxx miles each, we bought both for 3 grand and they have been great. Gonna ride the paddles off them and hope for the best. I would buy a new 2012 freeride if I could afford one, but these r the best we can do and they are super fun for slednekn and BC access. Hope I make thru the winter w/o major mechanicals, then new top ends next summer.
    T

Coming out of the crate on Monday, 2011 Nytro MTX 162. Just have to decide if want to to rig up my own ski racks again, or just suck it up and pay CFR for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Girardeau View Post
    If you make it over, I'd be stoked to get out and ride with ya.
    Once you boys get some snow down there, I'll be shootin you a PM... always fun to have someone else to play with down there!

Once Robinson is ready...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180607_1578850553245_1295088056_31288626_7926397_n.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	106997

a fun day of filming down there...

Name:	183920_1578850873253_1295088056_31288628_7362582_n.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	106998

Not that big, but one of my favorite pics in Robinson.

When these are ready, let me know!!

Name:	184939_1579028237687_1295088056_31288825_5984727_n.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	106999

Total snowmobile jong here. Looking into buying a snowmobile as a tool to get farther into zones, not looking to actually use it to lap something. Ride it in, park it, skin from there.

Anyone got suggestions on a good sled for my needs. Price below 3k can spend more if need be.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bakerpow View Post
    Total snowmobile jong here. Looking into buying a snowmobile as a tool to get farther into zones, not looking to actually use it to lap something. Ride it in, park it, skin from there.

Anyone got suggestions on a good sled for my needs. Price below 3k can spend more if need be.

Thanks!

polaris 600 or 700, nearly any year from 99+. cat M6 or M7 skidoo 600's.

Those sleds are the upper edge of reliability in sleds. 4 strokes are very reliable & work well, but I won't recommend them simply due to the fact that we've got some 2 stroked that make more power, cost less, and weigh MUCH less. If you're staying on the trail, 4's are great though.

look around for decent deals, post em up here, or ask on one of the sled sites (backcountryrebels, snowest (DO NOT BE A SUCKER LIKE KIDWOO & pay for a membership though... friggin JONG...) and I'm sure folks will give you the particular items to look for an any of those given machines. There's little things on every machine that are issues, good to know what to look for.

polaris 600 or 700, nearly any year from 99+. cat M6 or M7 skidoo 600's.

Those sleds are the upper edge of reliability in sleds.

What he said, plus Skidoo 700s - which stopped existing in 03. 2004+ = "Rev" chassis, and a 2004 600 for $3k, ehhh, maybe? I've not seen one, but they should be around $3k. I'd take a Rev 600 over a ZX 700 ANY day, though - the Rev chassis is bunches better.

That said, ESPECIALLY if you're just looking to get back out there to put skins on, any of those would work & work well.

Don't get sucked into the $800 1996ish stuff - false economy, and a WHOLE LOT of improvments happened between the mid 90s and early 2000.

Iain

polaris 600 or 700, nearly any year from 99+.
    Actually I'd steer clear of 05-06 polaris. That 700 (755) fusion motor thing was my first sled. It made me hate sledding. Selling it within two months of buying it was the best decision I ever made. That's just me though. Definitely would have no problem with any later than 06 700 polaris. I like those things.

But for 3000-3500 I've seen some good deals on revs, 600 and 800.

(DO NOT BE A SUCKER LIKE KIDWOO & pay for a membership though... friggin JONG...) and I'm sure folks will give you the particular items to look for an any of those given machines. There's little things on every machine that are issues, good to know what to look for.
    Shlt man that's exactly why I paid the 20 bucks. I got tired of reading tear down threads of the sled I was looking at and then could only read the first page. I wanted to see what a frikkin diamond drive rebuild looked like

I can say I won't be doing it again.

And I hate you for the those pictures. I rode my bike on dusty trails at 9K this past weekend.

Thanks for the help guys! I will be browsing craigslist and other related sites for deals. I will post them here to see what you guys think when i come across them.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder View Post
    Coming out of the crate on Monday, 2011 Nytro MTX 162. Just have to decide if want to to rig up my own ski racks again, or just suck it up and pay CFR for one.

TUrrrrRBO!!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Shlt man that's exactly why I paid the 20 bucks. I got tired of reading tear down threads of the sled I was looking at and then could only read the first page. I wanted to see what a frikkin diamond drive rebuild looked like

I can say I won't be doing it again.

And I hate you for the those pictures. I rode my bike on dusty trails at 9K this past weekend.
    Pfft... those pics aren't from this year, they're from Girardeau's back yard in years past. That's my favorite basin to ride in, drops galore around there.
    Hell, my wife goes bigger than that now!!!

Btw, if you want to know how to read the posts after you're not one of those snobby "premium's" let me know, it's easy. I can see anything I want to, except private forums... and they're a joke anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by AKturnanburn View Post
    TUrrrrRBO!!!!?
    Going to ride it stock this winter and then turbo it over the summer. They had one left with a factory turbo kit installed already, but it sold as I was debating this or continuing my search for a new RMK Pro.

Really need winter to smarten up now.

Hey, J, are you sledding near Red or from AB, or both?

I think I want to get a sled next winter to use from my home base here in Kimberley and trips over the pass further into the West Koots. For ski access.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Hey, J, are you sledding near Red or from AB, or both?

I think I want to get a sled next winter to use from my home base here in Kimberley and trips over the pass further into the West Koots. For ski access.
    Do it! So much skiable terrain opens up with a sled, especially around your new home base.

I spend most of my time around Castle/Crowsnest, hard to beat a ski area that allows me unload the sled from my truck and drive to the lifts. With the boys having cabins down there I can ride from the parking to the cabin, step into my bindings and ski to the lift. Couple of runs, back to the cabin, strap skis to snowmobile and head out right from there.

Haven't rode much around Rossland, I still enjoy Red itself enough to amuse me when I'm out there.

We'll likely be in Kimberley for a long w/e and will have the sleds, we should hook up and head out for a few hours to let you get a feel.

Cool, haven't been on a sled since we were kids visiting the farm. Slightly different technology back then!

I've been out in the Valhallas a few times on my sled now and it is awesome. Not a shit ton of power but definitely enough to go like hell. Was doubling my wife & got stuck coming out of a water bar. I stomped the snow down behind it for about 2', threw it in reverse and it actually walked out of the hole backwards. The track articulates at the back so that when you go backwards it lifts up, it makes getting out of holes easy. Once I'd backed up about 3' I drove forward at a crawl and out she went. I love that the clutch engages at very low RPM. It is super skinny and sidehills like nothing I've ridden. The rack it comes with holds skis nice & secure. If you're looking for a ski touring access sled I highly recommend the Skidoo Tundra LT 4 stroke.

Yesterday going up Russell Cr I crossed a big creek, the guys I was with chickened out and skinned from there. Probably a good idea because another couple sleds came up behind us (Summit 800, and 700) last I saw of them all I could see was the skis, cowling and windshield of the first one to try to cross. He hit the bottom of the dip and pinned it to climb out and started digging, he managed about 10' before he dug through to the creek. To their credit they fixed the crossing and punched in the remaining 2km of sidehill road. On our ski out I counted 8 pits where they got stuck.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    God damn there are some dumb motherfuckers in this sport.

And no I didn't JUST come to that conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Holy Fuck that is brutal!

Gotta love Alaska

Coming to a theater maybe not so near to you

Yesterday was all time!

i just shit my pants

damn, that was close

So I ran my '09 M8 head on into a rock today. Don't ask... Let's just say I've got a long way to go before I can even call myself a 'decent rider'.

Anyway, somehow my skis went under to rock and there is zero suspension damage, nor is there any internal mechanical issues. I'll eventually replace the bumper and hood, because they're pretty much toast.

My question is where else should I look for damage? It sounds like there's the possibility that I could twisted the bulkhead. Where do I look for that? How about the tunnel? Should I be concerned that it's tweaked? How would I check it?

Here's a pic just before impact for some comedic relief...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1480.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	109992  
    go upside down.