Page 95 of 167 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 4154
    Heat exchanger looks good, those types of scrapes are ok as long as they don't have green leaking out of them (coolant). I assume this is a carbed sled? I would set the idle to what the manual specifies, it shouldn't be that hard to do. The low idle could be a carb issue too, make sure you are jetted properly (I would however assume the shop did that).

That said, if you don't know how to do any of that yourself, I would just run it. Keep an eye on the coolant, and if the level doesn't change much (IE if it doesn't totally disappear, there is a lot of flex allowed but the reservoir should never run dry) I would just run it!
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

That's what I figured regarding the rad.

Yes, it's a carb'd engine. Manual says to set the idle speed with a digital inductive type tachometer, syncing with the TPS module. I am stopping by the shop Saturday to pick up a cover and plugs for the gf's sled so will chat with them.

The shop didn't check the jets, though they were squeaky clean to my eyes when I had them out and didn't have the issue last season (this sled has always been on the island, so the factory jets should be the correct ones and I assume they weren't changed as there'd be no reason to), but can always pull them again if the issue persists after the idle is adjusted.
    Last edited by shafty85; 01-23-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Posssible your radiator cap wasn’t completely tight? I did that first thing this season and it puked out enough coolant to cause the warning light to come on.

Found more damage when I went to install a new bumper on my summit. Pulled the skid plate off and the lower suspension mount is cracked. Slight tweak on the left lower a arm too.
    More parts ordered.....

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    That's what I figured regarding the rad.

Yes, it's a carb'd engine. Manual says to set the idle speed with a digital inductive type tachometer, syncing with the TPS module. I am stopping by the shop Saturday to pick up a cover and plugs for the gf's sled so will chat with them.

The shop didn't check the jets, though they were squeaky clean to my eyes when I had them out and didn't have the issue last season (this sled has always been on the island, so the factory jets should be the correct ones and I assume they weren't changed as there'd be no reason to), but can always pull them again if the issue persists after the idle is adjusted.
    Carbs suck. Even though they may look squeaky clean, if you ever have them apart, clean them anyway. My rev always ran better after doing nothing more than disassembling and cleaning them.

You look like you might be running a little rich on your plugs (especially the pto side), which may be causing a little stutter/low idle.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Posssible your radiator cap wasn’t completely tight? I did that first thing this season and it puked out enough coolant to cause the warning light to come on.
    Definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Found more damage when I went to install a new bumper on my summit. Pulled the skid plate off and the lower suspension mount is cracked. Slight tweak on the left lower a arm too.
    More parts ordered.....

Ugh - how much does that run?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Carbs suck. Even though they may look squeaky clean, if you ever have them apart, clean them anyway. My rev always ran better after doing nothing more than disassembling and cleaning them.

You look like you might be running a little rich on your plugs (especially the pto side), which may be causing a little stutter/low idle.
    Yeah - going to have the shop adjust the idle the proper way (is there a way to adjust the idle without a digital inductive type tachometer and the ski-doo software? Could I just adjust the throttle cable by adjusting the nuts?) and then will clean the carbs if that doesn't fix it. If that fixes it I'll just clean them at the start of next season. I agree that the PTO side looks like it's running a little rich - again, will leave it be if the idle speed fixes the issue I'll just keep an eye on the plugs and deal with it next season.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

More parts ordered.....

Ouch. So is that the whole Bulkhead (S-Module)?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

It's loads of fun to replace

Yeah - going to have the shop adjust the idle the proper way (is there a way to adjust the idle without a digital inductive type tachometer and the ski-doo software? Could I just adjust the throttle cable by adjusting the nuts?) and then will clean the carbs if that doesn't fix it. If that fixes it I'll just clean them at the start of next season. I agree that the PTO side looks like it's running a little rich - again, will leave it be if the idle speed fixes the issue I'll just keep an eye on the plugs and deal with it next season.
    I'm trying to remember, different builds had slightly different features. You shouldn't really adjust the throttle cable for idle. I think the ptek motors were different but they might still have idle screws on those, super easy. They're on top of the rack, two of them, and pretty obvious from what I remember. But I always had to bump mine up on my old rev when the carbs were 'dirty'.

I would just clean the needles/jets/ports/bowls/floats in your carbs and then make sure everything is in spec for your elevation and go from there.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post

It's loads of fun to replace
    So many fucking rivets

Bright side is you can replace with bolts and nuts so it will be easier next time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

More parts ordered.....

That bigger bumper your getting is going to equal more shit broken on the sled when you hit something. The energy of the impact is just transfered to the mounting points.

S module is Ok, lower suspension mount cracked.
    Stripped suspension off last night, rivets tonight. Will bolt back together for sure.

My Buddy is a mechanic for rental /tour outfit here, they install the big bumpers and haven't had issues, more issues when skiis or a arms smash into something.

S module is Ok, lower suspension mount cracked.

So you talking about the cast metal piece that is riveted into the bulkhead? .. sorry, I don't know the exact nomenclature.

Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  17.1 KB

If this entire piece is the s-module, are you talking about the piece circled in red?

....if we are talking about the same thing, my experience has been that if the piece circled in red is cracked there is usually some damage to the bulkhead. and replacing the entire bulkhead is significantly easier than just replacing the piece I circled in red. the three I have replaced I have all gone this way.

So you talking about the cast metal piece that is riveted into the bulkhead? .. sorry, I don't know the exact nomenclature.

Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  17.1 KB

If this entire piece is the s-module, are you talking about the piece circled in red?

....if we are talking about the same thing, my experience has been that if the piece circled in red is cracked there is usually some damage to the bulkhead. and replacing the entire bulkhead is significantly easier than just replacing the piece I circled in red. the three I have replaced I have all gone this way.
    I have also been told that the BRP mechanics just replace the entire unit, as the additional labour costs (and the potential cost associated with missing bulkhead damage) are more than than the cost of the complete unit. Getting that suspension mount over the two bolts in the bulkhead is a real pain in the ass.

.... the two things I enjoy most about sledding are the simplicity and the affordability.

.... the two things I enjoy most about sledding are the simplicity and the affordability.
    That is sig worthy and I agree 100% after 1+ season of sledding.

BC does not stuck right now. Deeeep

https://youtu.be/yIfy0ALOiwg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That doesn’t look fun at all...

Spent Saturday in the sunshine.

Practiced digging

Did actually do some riding, but no videos or photos, so did it really happen?

The best days are the ones that the camera is either frozen or doesn't come out at all

Maggot snowmobile thread

Yeah, just being facetious.

How do people attach their decks? Looking to make my connection (currently 6 bolts through the bed) more sturdy.
    Last edited by shafty85; 01-29-2018 at 04:31 PM.

That doesn’t look fun at all...

Spent Saturday in the sunshine.

Practiced digging

lol ive been stuck in the creek at the bottom of that sidehill.. wasnt fun
    thats a great zone for learning though lots of traffic to help and nice when the roads are groomed.
    You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing

Maggot snowmobile thread

Haha, yeah - we spent a while digging out but lots of people were ripping in there!

I have also been told that the BRP mechanics just replace the entire unit, as the additional labour costs (and the potential cost associated with missing bulkhead damage) are more than than the cost of the complete unit. Getting that suspension mount over the two bolts in the bulkhead is a real pain in the ass.

Yup cast piece cracked. Was not that bad to get out. Air chisel cuts if the rivets like butter.
    Popped the bolts out and it slid right out.
    New parts go in tonight.

Don't do skidoo without grip n rip braces

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Don't do skidoo without grip n rip braces
    I thought about bracing the s-module ... however.... with a busted s module, I have still been able to ride home. Every time. If the s module doesn't crack, it would be an a-arm. And sledding out without an a-arm ranges from difficult to impossible.

Good working getting that in. You could moonlight as a mechanic.