Page 141 of 167 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4154
    Ah, you're right, didn't realize that was different between the SP and other models.

I’m hard on everything and the CFR rack is bomber. When I have broken shit, they got me replacement parts, often free of charge, really fast. They definitely won me over as a customer for life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

adren: i’ve got 16 a axys 800, it’s 45 min up 285

d45east: u can just wear at or tele boots on sled and not have to carry extra ( which get cold anyway) , i e been doing this for like last 5 years and u get used to it
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I ride with my intuition liners in sorels, ski boot shells on the rack. Swap liners with shells as required.

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    All of the newer mountain sleds have that running board/tunnel brace, 2012 and up for Cat, G4 (2016+) skidoo, Polaris since like 2006 I think.
    Later model M's have it too. I think since 2009. Braces showed up whenever they updated the tunnel and ditched the plastic bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I ride with my intuition liners in sorels, ski boot shells on the rack. Swap liners with shells as required.
    i like this idea. however im using gapetronics in my dynafits so a lot of wires, batteries and crap everywhere or i might try it… but toasty feet
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Later model M's have it too. I think since 2009. Braces showed up whenever they updated the tunnel and ditched the plastic bumper.
    If you would hurry up and buy one I could go ahead and test fit.
    (I'm pretty sure they went to metal bumper before adding the brace, 2009-2011 Ms I think have the metal bumper but no brace).

Micol I'd love to swing by your sled, will PM in the coming weeks.

Anyone have a CFR ski bracket or 2 before i buy new!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Anyone have a CFR ski bracket or 2 before i buy new!?!
    Possibly? I’ll check my storage unit this week.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Possibly? I’ll check my storage unit this week.

Thanks!
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I’ve got the vaccine! Oops that was someone else I mean a single Used ski bracket system in my spare parts...whose more desperate to sled ski? Shafty or Z? Keep in my mind this is from my emergency parts...

Did anybody call Dave at Cheetah directly?
    Did you post his number at one point? I recall calling him but can't find the number anywhere now. Trying to find out when Knucks Risers will be back in stock - website shows them as all in stock until you try to add one to the cart then it updates to show they're all sold out.

Edit: Disregard. Found it.
    Last edited by shafty85; 08-26-2021 at 11:37 PM.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Got my registration renewal cards in the mail today! Won't be long now!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Thanks!
    I found a single in my truck if all places. Still need it?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I found a single in my truck if all places. Still need it?
    yuh! will msg
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Got my registration renewal cards in the mail today! Won't be long now!
    Same. So stoked. I need to order some parts for my new to me Gen 4

I know not a lot about sleds. Just bought a property in WA that will be accessed in the winter by about 6 miles of forest service road that is groomed for sleds.

Any recommendations for where to start learning what I need and what I want to look for?
    Will about $4,500 get me something legit?

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    I know not a lot about sleds. Just bought a property in WA that will be accessed in the winter by about 6 miles of forest service road that is groomed for sleds.

Any recommendations for where to start learning what I need and what I want to look for?
    Will about $4,500 get me something legit?
    $4500 will absolutely get you a sled worth owning.

WA mags will provide the best advice as they know the local terrain and conditions. If your goal is only to get back and forth to your property, and the road is reliably groomed, a utility sled is probably the way to go. If you want to venture off the groomers, a mountain sled is the way to go. Pick a brand and be a dick about it, or buy what your friends have or what the local shop sells.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Same. So stoked. I need to order some parts for my new to me Gen 4
    Order parts ASAP. My Ski-doo dealer warned me there will be tight supply this winter....

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    $4500 will absolutely get you a sled worth owning.

WA mags will provide the best advice as they know the local terrain and conditions. If your goal is only to get back and forth to your property, and the road is reliably groomed, a utility sled is probably the way to go. If you want to venture off the groomers, a mountain sled is the way to go. Pick a brand and be a dick about it, or buy what your friends have or what the local shop sells.
    I'm figuring mountain sled to give me some flexibility, might take it out and about a bit.
    I guess where I'm starting to get lost is it looks like there's such a range of available sleds in my price range. There looks to be everything from like 2003-2014. Then what features I should be looking for or staying away from.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Order parts ASAP. My Ski-doo dealer warned me there will be tight supply this winter....
    Good point. The stuff I need is readily available it seems. Just waiting to do a bulk order with a buddy.

I'm figuring mountain sled to give me some flexibility, might take it out and about a bit.
    I guess where I'm starting to get lost is it looks like there's such a range of available sleds in my price range. There looks to be everything from like 2003-2014. Then what features I should be looking for or staying away from.
    Personally if I had $4500 and was looking to buy a mountain sled, I'd look for a 2013 or newer Ski Doo Summit. XM chassis and 800 Etec engine.. Newest/lowest mileage/best condition that I could find.
    Actually that's exactly what I did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Personally if I had $4500 and was looking to buy a mountain sled, I'd look for a 2013 or newer Ski Doo Summit. XM chassis and 800 Etec engine.. Newest/lowest mileage/best condition that I could find.
    Actually that's exactly what I did last year.
    Right on, mostly seeing those (not sure about the engine and chasis) and Polaris RMK pros.

Right on, mostly seeing those (not sure about the engine and chasis) and Polaris RMK pros.
    If the ad doesn't say, and if it still has the original stickers on it, there will be one on the side of the tunnel near the back that says Rev XM and a sticker on the hood that says etec. I suppose someone could fake this but doubt that's common. Most (all?) 2013-2015s should be XM chassis and etec engines.
    Only thing I know about RMKs is that nobody I know rides one.

Late model Ski-Doos are easier for a beginner to ride and they have a longer expected engine life (by at least a third) than Polaris. Polaris is the expert sled, 50 pounds lighter and more purpose built for the gnar. I'd recommend looking for a lower milage Doo for your first sled. It's also important to note that all mountain sleds are made for a single rider in softer snow conditions. They don't do that great when putting around on refrozen roads (they'll overheat) or hauling big loads. But they will work way better in fresh snow conditions and are way more fun to play around on. Blewett has the best beginner sledding terrain in WA IMO.

How is this not called the "Sled Head Thread" ??!!

Nice to see it popping to the top again - must mean winter's on it's way.