Page 128 of 167 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    It’s fine, just have to have the 175 go up and down a couple,of times to get a nice highway setup. You only need one 175 in the group.
    Oh ya that's the ticket but it's fun to give the 163 guys that used to leave me behind on my 154 a hard time when they try to follow now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    It’s fine, just have to have the 175 go up and down a couple,of times to get a nice highway setup. You only need one 175 in the group.
    That was me until a buddy got one of the new turbos from Ski-Doo. He gets to set the up tracks now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Same. The turbo skidoo leaves everything behind now. We all want one but having one to swap out on laps is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Same. The turbo skidoo leaves everything behind now. We all want one but having one to swap out on laps is awesome.
    I think I’m going to order one for winter 21/22. Can’t justify selling my sled after one winter. Snow check it with all the bells and whistles

Yeah I'm waiting another winter before a new one. Seems like maintaining employment is more important right now.

Any way to tell if a odometer has been modified/unplugged/reset other than taking to a dealer to get an hr reading? Looking at upgrading and dealers seem to be asking $3/4K more than private sales for similar km sleds (unlikely all the private sales advertised have had the cpu/odometer reset). Nothing much available locally so hopefully pick one up in AB while out there in a couple weeks.

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Any way to tell if a odometer has been modified/unplugged/reset other than taking to a dealer to get an hr reading? Looking at upgrading and dealers seem to be asking $3/4K more than private sales for similar km sleds (unlikely all the private sales advertised have had the cpu/odometer reset). Nothing much available locally so hopefully pick one up in AB while out there in a couple weeks.

Aside from plugging into budds, not really. Dealers always ask more. There are definitely deals to be had in Alberta for sure. Keep an eye on Kijiji.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Have a look in snow and mud too. 2016 TX 174 with 600km for 8300

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Have a look in snow and mud too. 2016 TX 174 with 600km for 8300

Haha - yep. Already contacted him earlier this am. Looks good in the photos he sent.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Anyone tried one of these units:

https://www.findmespot.com/en-us/pro...ces/spot-trace

My quotes for theft coverage were all in the $500-800 range per year so the yearly fee seems reasonable if it gives you the opportunity to recover your sled.

My full coverage insurance is $350/year with replacement value and heli lift coverage.

Thoughts on summit 600 etec 154 for rookie sled ski access.
    Thinking if it works out ok then will pick up a 850 and the 600 will become wife’s sled. Reasonable start I’m guessing, but input appreciated

600 works great. At lower elevation they feel powerful. good wife sled so yeah if the plan is to have two it isn't a poor idea

It’s new for a good price.
    All low elevation, do not care about sledding, prefer skinning, actually don’t care about sled laps either, just getting back to areas that take to long to skin for a day.
    You have some strong opinions, which I’m sure are justified, but knowing my spouse she is never going to be into sleds, simply an access tool. Long way of saying two responses on opposite sides aren’t helping.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    My full coverage insurance is $350/year with replacement value and heli lift coverage.

Who are you using?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Thoughts on summit 600 etec 154 for rookie sled ski access.
    Thinking if it works out ok then will pick up a 850 and the 600 will become wife’s sled. Reasonable start I’m guessing, but input appreciated
    Tough to say as I've never ridden with any 600s. I've had 3 humans on my old 700 (some say pulls like an 800) on a non-groomed singletrack shuttle laps and it did OK. Anything that runs reliably will work for groomed trail access. Track speed is your friend in deeper snow, and this is why 800+ is the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    It’s new for a good price.
    All low elevation, do not care about sledding, prefer skinning, actually don’t care about sled laps either, just getting back to areas that take to long to skin for a day.
    You have some strong opinions, which I’m sure are justified, but knowing my spouse she is never going to be into sleds, simply an access tool. Long way of saying two responses on opposite sides aren’t helping.
    If you don't care about sledding, why upgrade to/add an 850 after this season? I'd go with an 800.

We've got a fleet of 600's for work. The oldest is a 2012 summit etec, there's a couple 2015 summits, and last year we added a couple 600 rmk's. While it's true that for hitting the steep and deep there's no substitute for displacement, those 600's get us most everywhere to treeline, with nothing but basic maintenance for 1000's of km. If you can get a good deal on a new 600 and all you want is a low maintenance access sled, then you'll be happy.

Yeah I see 7500 miles on 600 etec sleds all the time. High reliability and over 100hp with a lighter engine is great.

You just have to deal with macho guys who question your manhood and bullshit like that. Meanwhile like in the moto world a good smaller displacement is a better setup for most people.

I'm still confused by the plan to add an 850 next season but get a 600 this season and keep it for the wife. The 600 has minimal weight savings compared to reduced versatility, in my opinion, when comparing the same model (2019 600 Summit SP 154 weighs 440# stock and the 850 weighs 447#). The 600 will have more limitations compared to an 800+. If a 600 is good for what you'll be doing, why not get a second 600 when the time comes? If an 850 will be better for your intended use, get an 800 to start. Plenty of 800 etecs with 1000s of km with only basic maintenance. I'd also recommend considering sticking with one sled to tandem on if you both don't like sleds. 2 sleds are twice the likelihood of issues, twice the maintenance, twice the storage space, etc. If money and space isn't an issue, I guess that point is moot. Bottom line is if you're realistic about what you will use it for and go with the sled that fits your price point and intended use, you'll be happy with the purchase.

Main difference is that this new 600 is $5000 (us) less than a new 800. Hence my interest in it. Don’t fully know how these will be used yet. Have space, have terrain, could use some more money. Thanks for the responses, keeping me thinking.

Just got my first sled (summit 2012) and tested it yesterday, after hiking to ski all my life i was blown away with how quick it can get you ridiculously far away.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6029.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	341667
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7183df4d-8dc0-4bc0-8d29-93c33c9cabc2.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	341668

Any opinions on racks (MoPros vs Cheetah) for a new Ski Doo 850? Ski Doo LinQ racks are overpriced, Cheetah makes a rack for LinQ, MoPros does not but their racks look the most versatile.

Thoughts or experiences?

Also if you want a sled I got mine over 3k off MSRP soooo good time to buyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20200930_234340842.MP.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	342054

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dongy View Post
    Any opinions on racks (MoPros vs Cheetah) for a new Ski Doo 850? Ski Doo LinQ racks are overpriced, Cheetah makes a rack for LinQ, MoPros does not but their racks look the most versatile.
    MoPros spent several years shamelessly spamming this forum, each time claiming they didn't know the rules when called out, then coming back a couple months later and spamming again. Their racks could be great, I dunno, but they can get fucked.

I just got a Port Tack rack and ski mount, pricing didn’t seem as extreme as the cheetah and the rack seems well built. Arrived quick too. Obvs I have not used it yet