Page 160 of 167 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4154
    What Foggy said. Fuel system on those is pretty simple and you should be able to see pretty much everything. Start it, pop the hood, look for fuel.
    My guess - one of the fittings in the fuel line is loose or there's a hole in the fuel line. Had this happen on my M7, ziptie holding the line broke, melted a small hole in the line on the pipe.

Edit: didn't realize i was end of page and others has responded!

First step is to try and pinpoint where it's leaking which you seem to not be able to do. Old ass fuel lines certainly are a starting point (but they'd probably be sucking air if they were breached) followed by the carburetors.

Assuming you are talking about Mseries....I've seen problems with the fuel cap not sealing on the tank. Replacing the tank is an option but there are ghetto alternatives. I remember something about it been hard to diagnose because it doesn't just happen when the sled is off laying on it side.

Could be something hanging up with the float in one of the carbs causing it to overfill the bowl and leak out the over flow line.
    Fuel pump diaphragm can rot and leak also.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Not getting over the hood blower anymore but the sled accessed skiing has been all time

Super nice!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Wednesday = overhead blower!

Wednesday = hopefully buy us a couple more weeks on the critical ski access roads

I'm jealous of all the late season riding, my sled is done for the year.
    I could trailer it up north and get some more riding in, but I seem to be unwilling to use my snowmobile if I can't leave from the shed.

Still pretty deep in the sawatch Name:  20230429_112641-01.jpeg
Views: 643
Size:  58.6 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

This dirty bastard refused to turn over all winter but then today it fired almost fired on the second pull and did on the third. Wft? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230527_153614.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	460146

RIP Yamaha.

They were always the heaviest sleds around. Never owned one but rode many. Never impressed and never made me think to buy one. This was inevitable.

Yamaha to stop making, selling snowmobiles after 2025 model year
    https://kstp.com/kstp-news/business-...25-model-year/
    (Via KSTP)

Bumping this. What's considered high miles on a sled? I've been looking at ones around 3k. Mainly Ski Doo Summits as thats what my friends ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Bumping this. What's considered high miles on a sled? I've been looking at ones around 3k. Mainly Ski Doo Summits as thats what my friends ride.
    What years? Generally, maintenance, care and "why type of miles" are more important to me. Unless you've got the service history, I'd plan on top end, rebuild clutches and so on at 3k...or just keep it full of gas and oil, keep it pinned and hope for the best. I've seen both techniques succeed and fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    What years? Generally, maintenance, care and "why type of miles" are more important to me. Unless you've got the service history, I'd plan on top end, rebuild clutches and so on at 3k...or just keep it full of gas and oil, keep it pinned and hope for the best. I've seen both techniques succeed and fail.
    Focusing on 2014+.

Focusing on 2014+.
    I would be looking for something with half that milage tops

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Focusing on 2014+.
    Or said another way...you are looking to get the best (most reliable/least money pit) for your budget that fits your needs. Having what your friends ride is nice because they can help you fix it an its nice not to have the shittiest sled in your crew.

End of last seaon, Ski Doo Gen 4s and Polaris Axys were selling for $7-8k starting. Is that in your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Or said another way...you are looking to get the best (most reliable/least money pit) for your budget that fits your needs. Having what your friends ride is nice because they can help you fix it an its nice not to have the shittiest sled in your crew.

End of last seaon, Ski Doo Gen 4s and Polaris Axys were selling for $7-8k starting. Is that in your budget?
    Yeah that's not terrible actually. I'll take a look. Gen 4 is 2017 + right?

That said I did notice the delta between the 2017/18 models and 2014 - 2017. So that explains it.

Yeah 2016 is the last year of the XM 800. 2017 is the start of gen4 with the 850. I’ve got a 2016 and it’s fun but not nearly as easy to ride as my friends newer models. the 800s do use much less fuel and oil.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah that's not terrible actually. I'll take a look. Gen 4 is 2017 + right?
    I'm a huge fan of the Axys. Don't rule those out, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the Axys. Don't rule those out, either.
    Yeah, that's kinda a personal preference thing. I'd say out of the box a Poo is a little more high performance and a Doo is a little easier to ride? The only things I'd categorically say (at least at my elevation) is that the Doo stock clutching is better and Shot is great.

I'd let the decision be made by what your friends have, dealer/mechanic support and availability/value. I the AXYS came out in '15? so they may be available a bit cheaper than a Gen 4? There was something that changed '17 to '18 on the Ski Doo that I think had a warranty fix but I can remember what is was.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Yeah 2016 is the last year of the XM 800. 2017 is the start of gen4 with the 850. I’ve got a 2016 and it’s fun but not nearly as easy to ride as my friends newer models. the 800s do use much less fuel and oil.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Consensus around here seems to be that the Gen 3 800s are more reliable, last longer, overheat less (2014s and 2016s especially), and are more stable for tandem riding and general ski touring access than the newer models. We’ve all bought or are looking for low km 2016s. I’m sure the latest sleds are incredible for deep powder play, but that’s not my priority.

I can't say I've done a ton of tandem riding on the Gen4 but the little I have I didn't find significantly more difficult than on my XM. They are a little more tippy though so I can definitely see them being a bit more troublesome in some situations, especially if one of the people isn't quite as confident.

The Gen4 is definitely easier to get on edge and keep it there though, especially in weird snow. I'd argue that makes them better for general ski access as they require less skill to get them more places, but depends on your terrain.

Can't comment on reliability or overheating. I'd buy a Gen4 if I had the cash for it right now, but the XMs are still great sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Consensus around here seems to be that the Gen 3 800s are more reliable, last longer, overheat less (2014s and 2016s especially), and are more stable for tandem riding and general ski touring access than the newer models. We’ve all bought or are looking for low km 2016s. I’m sure the latest sleds are incredible for deep powder play, but that’s not my priority.
    100% agree