Page 137 of 167 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    bought a 06 RMK 700 to access my ski hut. started hard starting wouldn't run or begged down. thought it was flooding. dropped at dealer. called me right back. there's a little kill switch in side the throttle lever that's activated with cable stretch. took him 5" to fix it...but showed me how. repair bill $115. I think this epitomizes owning a sled if you're not a gearhead.
    If you buy an old jalopy, you'd better buy the shop manual that goes with it too.

Yeah - and the electronic versions (though it's so much nicer to have a book) are generally cheap online (at least the Doo ones are).
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

The service manual for my sled is the most comprehensive manual of any vehicle I've ever owned. They even cover suspension dynamics. Pretty cool.

good point, I focused on the forums based on symptoms. however if you're not a gearhead get ready to shell out for repairs/maintenance. I'm happy my sled is running like a clock again.
    Name:  IMG_1110.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  125.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    The service manual for my sled is the most comprehensive manual of any vehicle I've ever owned. They even cover suspension dynamics. Pretty cool.
    I’m curious, what model covers all that? Sounds like some good reading

Do the Gen4 risers fit on XM summit x's? Specifically this riser:

https://shop.ski-doo.com/us/en/86020...-7-95-mm-.html

Looking to get a shorter riser and didn't think they'd be model specific, but apparently they are. If not, any recommendations on a short, cost effective, after-market riser for a 2016 Summit X?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

They fit I believe. Plus they look cooler. The bar size hasn't changed except at the grips.

Looks like a (former?) maggot is doing snowmobile content now. I've always liked Jeff's review style: pretty concise, and no BS. Production value is high IMO, and I hope he keeps it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj9c...nel=JeffBrines

PS - I'd embed but I'm afraid the brand-loyal crowd would be triggered into a frothing rage by the thumbnail image
    Last edited by North; 03-07-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Anyone here towing riders with a Summit 850 turbo and using it for sled skiing? Seeing any overheating issues? Looking at snowchecking a sled and the salesman said that the turbo wasn't the best for towing because of overheating issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    Anyone here towing riders with a Summit 850 turbo and using it for sled skiing? Seeing any overheating issues? Looking at snowchecking a sled and the salesman said that the turbo wasn't the best for towing because of overheating issues.
    Who tows? If you are living somewhere that you can tow... A summit 850 is over kill
    .. Get your friends to buy sleds. Buy yourself a turbo. Have fun

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Towing sucks. The 3 inch paddle tosses so much snow I would hate to be stuck behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Towing sucks. The 3 inch paddle tosses so much snow I would hate to be stuck behind it.
    If peasants don't have their own sleds, let them eat roost and thank you for it.

Oh and we towed a sled out with the turbo 850. It got very hot. Nice to have the belt temp sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    We have been sled skiing all winter with my 175 Summit 850 Turbo, and my buddies 165 Summit 850 Turbo. The sleds are SUPER happy with 2 or 3 people on them shuttling, like sort of want us to push them even harder. We all have our own sleds so no towing people, but I did tow a sled out a few weeks back with my sled. Once we got going it was fine, definitely had to adjust the belt after, and had to stop once to let the belt cool down, it got hot and you could feel it slipping.

I have had some over heating issues on groomed tracks. I learned to leave the scratchers down any time the track is firm. Also, if I kept the speed over 20 mph I didn’t have the over heating issue. If I did get the over heating alarm, I’d shut it off, toss some snow on the tunnel, give it 10 min and it would be fine. Going faster always has been better, kicked more snow up into the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    We have been sled skiing all winter with my 175 Summit 850 Turbo, and my buddies 165 Summit 850 Turbo. The sleds are SUPER happy with 2 or 3 people on them shuttling, like sort of want us to push them even harder. We all have our own sleds so no towing people, but I did tow a sled out a few weeks back with my sled. Once we got going it was fine, definitely had to adjust the belt after, and had to stop once to let the belt cool down, it got hot and you could feel it slipping.

I have had some over heating issues on groomed tracks. I learned to leave the scratchers down any time the track is firm. Also, if I kept the speed over 20 mph I didn’t have the over heating issue. If I did get the over heating alarm, I’d shut it off, toss some snow on the tunnel, give it 10 min and it would be fine. Going faster always has been better, kicked more snow up into the tunnel.

If you stop to cool down it will actually warm up befire cooling down due to the coolant sitting still.
    Always have scratches down. Save some rail life.
    When hot pull over to side of trail is there is unpacked snow tilt asked way over and use throttle to dig in at an angle and most the tunnel. Once you get the hang of it, it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Who tows? If you are living somewhere that you can tow... A summit 850 is over kill
    .. Get your friends to buy sleds. Buy yourself a turbo. Have fun

Not necessarily. Most have sleds, but we have a spot we can ride 2 and tow 3-4.

If you stop to cool down it will actually warm up befire cooling down due to the coolant sitting still.
    When hot pull over to side of trail is there is unpacked snow tilt asked way over and use throttle to dig in at an angle and most the tunnel. Once you get the hang of it, it works well.

Hun, makes sense! Thanks! I’ll give it a shot next time.

Yeah, learned to always have the scratchers down, easy to do. I’ll try that trick next time. Sounds easy, I’ll give moistening the tunnel a shot.

It can work on hard pack too... Takes a while to get that balance though... And with a turbo it might turn into a missile !

It can work on hard pack too... Takes a while to get that balance though... And with a turbo it might turn into a missile !

I’ll give it a shot, but you are correct, the turbo is either a rocket ship or instantly digs a hole to China, so we will see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    They fit I believe. Plus they look cooler. The bar size hasn't changed except at the grips.
    Cool is what I mainly care about but unfortunately, turns out they don't fit. Correct riser ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Cool is what I mainly care about but unfortunately, turns out they don't fit. Correct riser ordered.
    Different connection at the steering post?

Last weekend was fun for a quick rip. I enjoy watching people with skill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63673742884__BBBE73F6-E613-414A-9113-8FAF64556A55.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	521.6 KB 
ID:	366484
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1582.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	426.6 KB 
ID:	366483

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Hun, makes sense! Thanks! I’ll give it a shot next time.

Yeah, learned to always have the scratchers down, easy to do. I’ll try that trick next time. Sounds easy, I’ll give moistening the tunnel a shot.

Just remember to put the scratchers back up before trying to back up or load on the trailer. Maybe newer ones handle such oversights better, but one of mine certainly wasn't happy about trying to back up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app