Page 130 of 167 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4154
    I have some buddies who ride and ski in bibs from these guys. They’re pretty stoked on them. I have no personal experience.

https://us.tobeouterwear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I have some buddies who ride and ski in bibs from these guys. They’re pretty stoked on them. I have no personal experience.

https://us.tobeouterwear.com/
    A few sled friends swear by ToBe one piece suits. I’ve been trying to justify one but my bibs and jacket are new for this winter. Maybe I’ll sell some skis and justify it then, you know, to save my bibs from getting destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Unless I was touring off of the sled, I just wore sled gear, in fact, if I was snowboarding I used my sled boots instead of tearing up my regular snowboard boots. They weren’t as stiff but since I was only riding powder it was fine. Sled gear is designed for the abuse of riding a sled and the big differences in how hard you working .

Keep in mind that a fairly large percentage of the sledder population is obese. The gear made for these guys is not optimized for uphill touring. In fact, I can't really understand why sledders think they're so great. You can't adjust your layering as easily and the only upside is not getting snow down the back of your pants, which isn'[t really a thing (but I'm not fat, so maybe that's the difference). Then again, they obsess over the style, color and features of the "man purses" they attach to the back of their sleds, so it's probably as much about fashion as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Keep in mind that a fairly large percentage of the sledder population is obese.
    Must be a regional thing. Around here they're mostly athletic.

Yeah, I'd say I'm not in good enough shape to sled really.

A lot of the sled gear I have seen is quite a bit heavier and less breathable. Strikt and Tobe come to mind. See people shedding layers pretty quick!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

anyone riding tandem on a 36" front end? Also wondering how it will behave when the tunnel is loaded down with hut supplies?

Yeah skidoo has been 36" for a while. No issues.

Loaded down hurts the sled. With hut gear just move gear and go back for people. 2 is fine.

Once I stiffened my suspension I’ll to 4 (out of 5) it got a lot more comfortable doubling and carrying gear

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yeah skidoo has been 36" for a while. No issues.

Loaded down hurts the sled. With hut gear just move gear and go back for people. 2 is fine.
    thanks! looking to make the change.

Get a tow bumper and a toboggan for hut gear....

Tow bumper stiffens the tunnel up nicely too

2nd on the tow bumper and toboggan.

CFR also sells tunnel stiffeners.

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

ive got an oem stock stealth mtn doo (ski doo) 154" track and a trailer for sale in bozeman zone. 800, rev ,black, i was 2nd owner and i have had it for like 8 or 9 years. newer body style 2009 i think . has gold finger...yeah yeah yeah.. it can b viewed with whiteroomguardian. no issues, except a taped up windshield, and brake needs to be bled but works fine. i added the onboard oem factory engine temperature guage as you need that to make sure your engine is cooled at all times. this is the key to longevity. comes with spare belt, its never let me down, only run with doo synthetic oil , big new jug of it included. starts every year with no hassles. good track with no paddles missing. will sell trailer separate. dbl tilt trailer with spare. sled used mostly for sled accessed pow surfing or skiing, no brrrpping or jumping history... pm WRG and he can price single or package and miles...maggot discount

but hey, remember..used sled ---- as is
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Picked up an early season rock sled/fat bike trail grooming sled.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Another what used sled to buy question...

Budget 6-7k, mostly blasting out logging roads for ski access around Golden, lots of tandeming at first. Mostly looking in Calgary. Most important thing is reliability/least maintenance. Was set on a 09-15 m8, but they are getting hard to find in a 162. Any summit years/models to avoid?

Any summit etec from 2012 to today are good. A little teething problem with 2013 and 2017 but should be sorted by now.

I had no issues with my 13 summit in 5k, neither did 3 of my riding crew. All sleds had over 7k.
    17 had many first year troubles

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Another what used sled to buy question...

Budget 6-7k, mostly blasting out logging roads for ski access around Golden, lots of tandeming at first. Mostly looking in Calgary. Most important thing is reliability/least maintenance. Was set on a 09-15 m8, but they are getting hard to find in a 162. Any summit years/models to avoid?
    M800 (New chassis) started in 2012, you don’t want one unless the clutches were updated. Preferably 2014 or 2015 if you want the newer chassis. But for 6-7k you should be able to pickup a 2016 with the narrower front end and reasonable mileage.

Judging solely by what my friends are doing, sleds this winter will be what bikes were this past summer. I might grab an extra set of A-arms for my skidoo because I know if I don’t I’ll be left looking for 1 when they are sold out.

Maggot snowmobile thread

Little help if anyone is so inclined. New to me 2010 summit. Bought it from a guy who just had 1K worth of service done - it has 1200 miles. 2nd ride today. 1/2 mile from truck on road loudish banging from skiers right side. I’ve got a kid with me so we flip around to get closer to truck. Banging gets worse. I turn it off and am able to restart to load. Now when I go to start it, if I pull hard enough, the sled rolls forward but won’t start (it displayed this same symptom when I started it to load in truck). Clutch spins freely and belt is not glued to it or anything. My thoughts are the chain case. Where would you start looking (good MTB mech skill and mild competence with sleds and motos - maybe this means I’m headed to a shop?). Thanks in advance!

Pretty easy to pull off the chaincase cover. No special tools needed. Pull bottom bolts first so the fluid drains out. Any issue with the pull starter? When that goes it makes a lot of noise also.

What are the collectives thoughts on a 2018 Polaris 800 Pro RMK with a 174 track? Any issues with that year? How about the track? Any disadvantage for being so long?

I know nothing. Looking for something to sled ski off of and maybe brap a little bit.

No real issue with pull starter. It just doesn’t want to pull now as it’s spinning the track. 🤷♂️How much fluid is going to come out of chain case? Thanks!

Probably not the chain case. More likely broken secondary clutch rollers or something else wrong w/ the secondary. Was that what was recently serviced? Don’t mess w/ the chain before checking that out. Is the belt sitting at the right adjustment? If not, it’s very likely an issue in the secondary.