Page 144 of 167 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by SDW View Post
    The problems are related to the supply chain, not a design change.
    What does premature engine failure have to do with supply chain problems? Did they swap out a component for one that turned out to be prone to failure due to availability?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Talked to my dealer...if u spring checked a 154 ur hooped. Feb delivery....

For everyone else sleds are shipped but you might be waiting on a cluster...

Hopeful timeline is 3-4 weeks they say.
    I was told our local dealer is having to try to get everyone to take their sled without the cluster, which means it doesn't run, then bring it back once the clusters arrive as they don't have room to store all the sleds. Gonna be a sh*t show for many dealers, I'm sure.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Selling my 2005 Arctic Cat M7 if anyone is in need of a cheap beater/starter sled.

It's not perfect but hey, it's a 16 year old snowmobile. The M7s are about the best engine and chassis of that age, though.
    Full details here: https://denver.craigslist.org/snw/d/...385604782.html

Mag price is $1800.

Also have a homemade steel 2-place tilt trailer that needs a new deck but is otherwise in good condition and has a clear title. Mag price is $400 with the sled, $500 on its own.

PM if interested. Both located in Denver.

Anyone run a linq slim tunnel bag behind a CFR mountain rack? I'm looking at the combination for bigger days - bring the bag and drop while riding a zone. Have on while getting to the next zone. Repeat. While exploring this I have determined that the tunnel bag winds up pretty far back on the tunnel. The mountain rack takes up the first 1.5 linq linq positions (3 holes total - both of position 1 and the forward most hole of position 2). My thought was to add another hole behind the rearmost hole of position 2, allowing install of the linq bracket and then drilling another set of holes for a "3rd position" linq bracket - but this would be significantly behind the stock positions on my 174 XM. On days when I don't bring fuel I have a rolltop I can throw in the CFR rack and not bring the tunnel bag.

My concern is bending/twisting the tunnel (though feel free to point out any others I'm not considering). I have CFR blades (tunnel stiffeners) installed so that should help but damn - it's a looooong way back. The rear of the tunnel bag is at the rear end of the tunnel before the rear light housing. Given my lack of ability the likelihood of rolling/getting stuck/etc accessing zones is high. Anyone of the great minds here have any thoughts on this idea? Looks like this (no holes drilled as of yet - still in dry-fit mode.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0410.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	702.6 KB 
ID:	390859
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Ive always ran the tunnel sport bag at the seat with the linq and skis at the back. Blades and tow bumper are a must. I folded the tunnel on a 17 When I lost a bolt on the bumper...
    18 I had no issues as I put lock tight on the bumper bolts....

The way you are set-up in the pic, you will be fine. My only worry would be will the tails of the skis interfere with my stance and ability to manoeuvre on the running boards when sledding?

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Anyone run a linq slim tunnel bag behind a CFR mountain rack? I'm looking at the combination for bigger days - bring the bag and drop while riding a zone. Have on while getting to the next zone. Repeat. While exploring this I have determined that the tunnel bag winds up pretty far back on the tunnel. The mountain rack takes up the first 1.5 linq linq positions (3 holes total - both of position 1 and the forward most hole of position 2). My thought was to add another hole behind the rearmost hole of position 2, allowing install of the linq bracket and then drilling another set of holes for a "3rd position" linq bracket - but this would be significantly behind the stock positions on my 174 XM. On days when I don't bring fuel I have a rolltop I can throw in the CFR rack and not bring the tunnel bag.

My concern is bending/twisting the tunnel (though feel free to point out any others I'm not considering). I have CFR blades (tunnel stiffeners) installed so that should help but damn - it's a looooong way back. The rear of the tunnel bag is at the rear end of the tunnel before the rear light housing. Given my lack of ability the likelihood of rolling/getting stuck/etc accessing zones is high. Anyone of the great minds here have any thoughts on this idea? Looks like this (no holes drilled as of yet - still in dry-fit mode.

Name:	IMG_0410.jpg 
Views:	84 
ID:	390859
    I thought about doing the same thing, but decided it’s too much on the end of the tunnel. The CFR bag for my rack and a 26L backpack seem to be enough for long days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I thought about doing the same thing, but decided it’s too much on the end of the tunnel. The CFR bag for my rack and a 26L backpack seem to be enough for long days.

What do you do when you bring fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Ive always ran the tunnel sport bag at the seat with the linq and skis at the back. Blades and tow bumper are a must. I folded the tunnel on a 17 When I lost a bolt on the bumper...
    18 I had no issues as I put lock tight on the bumper bolts....

The way you are set-up in the pic, you will be fine. My only worry would be will the tails of the skis interfere with my stance and ability to manoeuvre on the running boards when sledding?
    Nah - I have fairly flat tails (Hojis, Renegades & Ravens). Have always run the rack behind the seat and skis have never been an issue. Way bigger risk of twisting or torqueing the tunnel with the skis hanging way off the back.

Don’t know if there is something like this available for Doo’s, replaces the bumper and gives a lot of reinforcement.

Name:	E3D268FD-0A21-4C17-B75A-E97D9E153274.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	456.1 KB 
ID:	390984

Did some clearing of the snowcat trail up to Chalk Creek and Hancock pass. Looking forward to some skiing up that way.

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	391115

Name:	IMG_2193.jpg 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	391121

Name:	IMG_2196.jpg 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	391122

Name:	IMG_2213.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	431.7 KB 
ID:	391124

With some skilled help I was able to get the tunnel stiffeners installed, remount the CFR rack, install LINQ brackets in a new location for the tunnel bag to work with the rack and get new bars on. Amazing how much easier it is when you have someone who knows what they're doing helping.

Name:	IMG_0401 (1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	616.0 KB 
ID:	391633

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	673.8 KB 
ID:	391634

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg 
ID:	391632

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	679.7 KB 
ID:	391635

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg 
Size:	631.0 KB 
ID:	391636

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Don’t know if there is something like this available for Doo’s, replaces the bumper and gives a lot of reinforcement.

Name:	E3D268FD-0A21-4C17-B75A-E97D9E153274.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	456.1 KB 
ID:	390984
    If that's a bumper then yes, they make the same thing for doo but already have a stiffer bumper (though perhaps not as stiff as that one) and with the addition of the tunnel stiffeners I'd imagine it is at least as good plus allows me to tow a toboggan.

If that's a bumper then yes, they make the same thing for doo but already have a stiffer bumper (though perhaps not as stiff as that one) and with the addition of the tunnel stiffeners I'd imagine it is at least as good plus allows me to tow a toboggan.
    Yeh, bumper tunnel reinforcement in one, ties into the footrests too. In the case of Cat, also provides an actual useful bumper you can lift with as opposed to the stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Did some clearing of the snowcat trail up to Chalk Creek and Hancock pass. Looking forward to some skiing up that way.

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	391115

Name:	IMG_2193.jpg 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	391121

Name:	IMG_2196.jpg 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	391122

Name:	IMG_2213.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	431.7 KB 
ID:	391124
    That's a motley crew for sure! If there's somebody out there who works harder than Chuck I don't think I've met them.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

What do you do when you bring fuel?
    I guess I’m not that hardcore? Haven’t had that issue, yet…. Plus, I’m not sure I want to be on my sled for enough hours to need more fuel. I always fill up in the morning, and get back to the truck with 1/8 to 1/4 tank of fuel. If I brought fuel I’d have to bring oil (turbo eats oil) then it becomes a thing and nah, not my style.

Looks like a reasonable deal on a CFR rack. No affiliation

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/s...406935267.html

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeKid View Post
    Looks like a reasonable deal on a CFR rack. No affiliation

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/s...406935267.html
    Snowboard rack- no linq. But decent price. Definitely needs some additions if ur a skier or use updated attachments

Yeah, bummer it doesn’t come with the ski attachment. Here’s another one (also missing linq for the doos and again with snowboard attachments) but comes with a bag and is a little cheaper. Again, no affiliation

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/s...408029008.html

Which one of you bad asses is this?

Name:	IMG_1979.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	393142

Snagged a fresh’12 600 to replace the worn out ‘09 700. Looking forward to the chassis upgrade, and hopefully reliability.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    I'm looking at (and probably buying) a 2014 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 XM this weekend.
    As I've already said in this thread, I have 0 sled experience. With that in mind, anything that I should be on the lookout for when checking it out?
    I went 7 years without getting a finger throttle because I didn't like the first time I tried one. I tried another sled last year that was pretty much a clone of mine except shorter paddles (2.5" vs 3") and it had a finger throttle. I found it to be so much easier to sidehill that I had a finger throttle on my sled 2 weeks later. I got a hand me down sled this (a nice upgrade from my previous sled) so now I have to swap the throttle over to the new sled before riding season really start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason4 View Post
    I went 7 years without getting a finger throttle because I didn't like the first time I tried one. I tried another sled last year that was pretty much a clone of mine except shorter paddles (2.5" vs 3") and it had a finger throttle. I found it to be so much easier to sidehill that I had a finger throttle on my sled 2 weeks later. I got a hand me down sled this (a nice upgrade from my previous sled) so now I have to swap the throttle over to the new sled before riding season really start.
    I thought the finger throttle is mainly for technical riding and jumping, because you can grip the handlebars better. I doubt it makes a difference for basic side hilling, other than personal preference for using thumb v. index finger for throttle modulation. I have an older XP w/ a 2.5" track and a G4 w/ a 3" track. There are plenty of situations where the 2.5" is easier to sidehill because you can spin the track way more easily. The 3" takes more finesse in thin pow over hardpack. I also wonder how the finger throttle is when you have to ride 10 miles of whooped out trail, and when when you're sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post

Name:	IMG_1979.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	393142

Snagged a fresh’12 600 to replace the worn out ‘09 700. Looking forward to the chassis upgrade, and hopefully reliability.

That thing is minty! Drag it over to Salmon la Sac sometime this winter and I'll show you the goods.

Yeah Riff that thing looks great and seems like a great ski access sled!

I have a '12 Summit Etec 154" I'm looking to unload. 2100 miles, fully serviced, ready to go. Asking 4900, but willing to talk maggot pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    I have a '12 Summit Etec 154" I'm looking to unload. 2100 miles, fully serviced, ready to go. Asking 4900, but willing to talk maggot pricing.
    Where?