Page 120 of 167 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4154
    Yep, after one day of deep pow sledding, I 100% know what I’d rather be doing on pow days then stand in these lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4698.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	314459

Name:	IMG_4699.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	772.9 KB 
ID:	314460

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Digging out?
    Jk. Looks kick ass!

Fuck ya!
    Although when it's that deep, I prefer to just to sled to the skintrack and avoid the worst of the excavation exercises but regardless, there's nothing like being lift independent with options!

Had my first day out for the season the other day. Stoked to get out again.
    Sled was coming up wiht check engine lights after prolonged climbs on cat roads, but cruising in powder. Not sure what that is all about

Yeah a good pow day on sled instead of lift lines on Sunday for me

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Epic stuck fest today. Except for my buddy because he had this

Mind you it was so tough he got stuck as well. Wind slab layer was buried and thick

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Yep, after one day of deep pow sledding, I 100% know what I’d rather be doing on pow days then stand in these lines.

Name:	IMG_4698.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	314459

Name:	IMG_4699.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	772.9 KB 
ID:	314460

FYI- no warranties on sled damage-use at ur own risk...lol

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Epic stuck fest today. Except for my buddy because he had this

Mind you it was so tough he got stuck as well. Wind slab layer was buried and thick
    Sick-heard that pops out just under track speed on its own. Interested to see what the spring deal is. They r advertising new offerings announced feb. 12. Wonder if that turbo will be available on spring buy or just the mid winter limited release they just did. Either way she’s pricey!

Worth every extra dollar we agreed. 3psi is plenty at 10,000 feet

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Sled was coming up wiht check engine lights after prolonged climbs on cat roads, but cruising in powder. Not sure what that is all about
    It was overheating.

Today was about just learning to sled, and I had a blast. Tomorrow/Sunday will be sledding to skinning/skiing.

Digging is part of the game. Happens to everyone. Still had a blast of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    It was overheating.
    I wonder if the temp sensor is fucked somehow cos it was never up super high.

I wonder if the temp sensor is fucked somehow cos it was never up super high.
    Do u have scratchers? Common problem on coast...frozen ice in morning till u get out of valley...once in powder sufficient cooling being sprayed up into tunnel/track/runners

Today was about just learning to sled, and I had a blast. Tomorrow/Sunday will be sledding to skinning/skiing.

Digging is part of the game. Happens to everyone. Still had a blast of a day.

Your optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Do u have scratchers? Common problem on coast...frozen ice in morning till u get out of valley...once in powder sufficient cooling being sprayed up into tunnel/track/runners
    yeah scratchers down on the road. My first guess was something to do with heating, it would also just pop on and then disappear. Ill check and see if i can view the codes and see what she says. Hopefully something simple like that.

yeah scratchers down on the road. My first guess was something to do with heating, it would also just pop on and then disappear. Ill check and see if i can view the codes and see what she says. Hopefully something simple like that.
    Once u braap get that track speed and track spinning out it’s shooting loads of snow into the tunnel. Rad runs thru tunnel. Lots of guys put sled right on it’s side in a little fresh and spin the track to fire some snow in there. Wouldn’t be worrying about it...

If u r constantly overheating and it’s a Polaris- water pump

Maggot snowmobile thread

Looking at buying a 2014 m8 - going to take it out next weekend - anything I should look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Your optimistic.
    To think we are sled skiing or everyone gets stuck? I doubt everyone always gets stuck, but at some point they do/did.

I still had fun. Learned so much.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Once u braap get that track speed and track spinning out it’s shooting loads of snow into the tunnel. Rad runs thru tunnel. Lots of guys put sled right on it’s side in a little fresh and spin the track to fire some snow in there. Wouldn’t be worrying about it...

If u r constantly overheating and it’s a Polaris- water pump
    When running the work doos in the spring, with those hard down low and soft up high conditions, a couple sleds would have the engine light go on like you describe. Scratchers down. And ripsawing with the tracks as well - that's always fun.

Putting in new plugs seemed to solve the issue. Ignition fault codes tripped the tech said.

To think we are sled skiing or everyone gets stuck? I doubt everyone always gets stuck, but at some point they do/did.

I still had fun. Learned so much.

That after one day of sledding you’ll be able to sled ski. Although if you mean you are just using the sled to get to where you are skinning, then you are probably good to go. If you mean you figure you are now ready to double up hills to do sled laps, you might have a surprise .

That after one day of sledding you’ll be able to sled ski. Although if you mean you are just using the sled to get to where you are skinning, then you are probably good to go. If you mean you figure you are now ready to double up hills to do sled laps, you might have a surprise .
    We started sled skiing after the first day of sledding. But I cheated and got a 2019 175in 850...

Selling this:Attachment 310127
    Attachment 311776
    Attachment 311777
    Attachment 311778
    Attachment 311779
    2018 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat
    Price dropped to 9500. More pictures available
    162 x3” Track. 1418 km, 57hrs. Warranty until Nov 2020.
    Has Cat Pro Mtn front and rear bumper and running boards.
    Magnetic Tether.
    Full warranty service, chain case oil changed in September, one ride since then.
    In excellent shape with only one significant scratch.
    Can come with CFR rack with two ski snowboard brackets, extra belt, several liters of Ctec oil, fitted travel cover depending on price.

Because I’m on one of these:Attachment 310128

This year.
    Do you attempt to access skiing on a snow bike or just ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Do you attempt to access skiing on a snow bike or just ride?
    Access for skinning is fine, in fact since you can get thru trees that you would have no chance of navigating on a sled, it can get you to places a sled can’t. But no way to do laps using a bike.

We started sled skiing after the first day of sledding. But I cheated and got a 2019 175in 850...

Not fair, I started on a 153, eventually upgraded it to a 162 then doubling became a thing.

Not fair, I started on a 153, eventually upgraded it to a 162 then doubling became a thing.
    It’s been a fun learning experience. I’m very lucky work pays me well so I can get nice toys. I’m still working on doubling side by side, it’s been a chore and not easy. The best way I’ve found to double is have my partner put their backpack in front of them, sit on the seat, and I stand behind them and drive. Practice makes perfect, I’ll get there.