Page 67 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Well no one knows what you consider inexpensive.

And honestly depending on how the motor is blown, whether it's just top end stuff, the case or the crank itself, you don't necessarily save any money by the time you replace most of that stuff.
    yah what he said. Unless the sled is damned near free, a "blown engine" is normally enough $$$$ that it costs more in the long run. Snowmobiles are not cheap to fix.

What's your budget, sp543?

one thing I have learned about sleds is so many guys do so much "preventive mantenanice to their sled it gets stupid !!!

seriously !!!

if you pay under $4g ... run that thing into the ground! yes grease it but do you need to rebuild shockies n skids? sure replace broken this that and the other ...

PM is 1 thing but burning money is wot so many guys doo ...

am i the luckyest guy on the planet with a sled with so many miles and still crakcing ???

I guess it helps to ride 100 days a year to learn your shit.

I guess thats why people don't like tourling with weekend warriors too ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Haaha! Rad. I'm relieved you didn't run around looking for a blown one to replace the motor in. What year is it?
    2013/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    one thing I have learned about sleds is so many guys do so much "preventive mantenanice to their sled it gets stupid !!!

seriously !!!

if you pay under $4g ... run that thing into the ground! yes grease it but do you need to rebuild shockies n skids? sure replace broken this that and the other ...

am i the luckyest guy on the planet with a sled with so many miles and still crakcing ???

Quoted for truth. If one spends to much time trolling sled forums you'd think that all sleds are destined to blow at any moment unless the genius blue collar dude who moonlights as a mechanical engineer swoops in to fix all the shit that those idiot engineers at Doo/Poo/Cat just can't do right. Basic maintenance, add oil, add gas, if it ain't broke don't fuck with it, and then ride the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    2013/2014
    Nice find!

they got any more?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

How do you pull out a broke sled without over heating?

With scratchers on the tow sled.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

seriously !!!

I think so, your other sled did not last long if i remember right. ...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    I just did it. New Polaris Pro RMK 800 - $8999. Sort of too good to pass up.
    Tried to post a standing ovation gif. Failed miserably and opted to have a beer to celebrate for you. Congrats, that's a nice deal on a new sled!
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

First off, this thread is gonna be bad for my bank account. I'm strangely ok with that though.
    Total sled JONG here, as in Ive ridden twice in my whole life. on trails.
    I'd love to get a sled that I can haul up fs roads, access to tour some of my honey holes but avoid a 5-6 mile skin on said fs road, to then start skinning 2500 vertical feet.
    Yes i will probably find myself getting in to more trouble/terrain than what I originally have planned. With that said, I've been looking and reading and found this.
    https://helena.craigslist.org/snw/4751865482.html
    2001 Ski-Doo 800 Highmark. When I emailed the guy with a couple of questions(mileage and maintenance history, as in who does it), here was his response:
    "Thanks for your interest in my sled...
    I bought it from my friend *&^%$#@!g when it was nearly new. He's into modding sleds, and did the majority of work, but I'm sure he sent the heads out for porting.
    Its embarrassing to admit, but the 800 has hardly any miles on it. Less than 500 miles is sorta silly. A big day of riding for me is a 20 mile day. I just don't ride hard, and never have. I think my longest day was 40 miles on the Elliston Poker run. Mostly, it just has been parked in my garage. One look at it will tell you its almost new..."
    He attached a pic of the odometer with 366 miles on it.
    So I'm gonna take a look tomorrow. Any insights/ as to what I should be looking for here. Am I a total idiot, or is it possible i just found a gem..... Flame away....

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Quoted for truth. If one spends to much time trolling sled forums you'd think that all sleds are destined to blow at any moment unless the genius blue collar dude who moonlights as a mechanical engineer swoops in to fix all the shit that those idiot engineers at Doo/Poo/Cat just can't do right. Basic maintenance, add oil, add gas, if it ain't broke don't fuck with it, and then ride the shit out of it.
    if it aint broke, DON'T FARK WITH IT !!!

so few posts, and so much truth ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

yes my other sled blew up ... kinda ...

crank "seems" fine ...

bottom end "seems" fine ...

bearing on conrod on crank is loose (pooched)and caused piston slap.

buddies have looked at it and asy cylinder is fine, just a hone.

from talks with dealer who sold it new, it seems motor sat out of sled for a while, sled was being rebuilt and the guy got really sick and then died. the widow got the skidoo dealer to get it, rebuild it and sell it. and I was that guy. it wasn't a high priority job for them as these sleds dont sell fast and they are way busy.
    long story short ... there was rust/coronsion on the counter balances on the crank(steel obviously) and we think it sat for awhile out on the sled with 1 piston up 1 down letting air and moisture into the bottom end. thus bearing injested rust.

if you hear a ticking sound ... its bomb !!!

with abuncha new parts I hope to get change from $2g ... or I buy another one for $3g ... hmmmm ...

I luv the old rt1000 ... but dont buy a 2005 !!! its shity ... 2006 is the money !!! ... night and day difference ...

I should and doo know ... captain wrench-a-lott ...

I just want to ride my sled real soon....Nuf said.

yes my other sled blew up ... kinda ...

crank "seems" fine ...

bottom end "seems" fine ...

bearing on conrod on crank is loose (pooched)and caused piston slap.

buddies have looked at it and asy cylinder is fine, just a hone.

from talks with dealer who sold it new, it seems motor sat out of sled for a while, sled was being rebuilt and the guy got really sick and then died. the widow got the skidoo dealer to get it, rebuild it and sell it. and I was that guy. it wasn't a high priority job for them as these sleds dont sell fast and they are way busy.
    long story short ... there was rust/coronsion on the counter balances on the crank(steel obviously) and we think it sat for awhile out on the sled with 1 piston up 1 down letting air and moisture into the bottom end. thus bearing injested rust.

if you hear a ticking sound ... its bomb !!!

with abuncha new parts I hope to get change from $2g ... or I buy another one for $3g ... hmmmm ...

I luv the old rt1000 ... but dont buy a 2005 !!! its shity ... 2006 is the money !!! ... night and day difference ...

I should and doo know ... captain wrench-a-lott ...
    I hear ya, rust is the demise of motors. Brings up another topic of oils. Theories out there that synthetic oils are thinner and don't stick on bearings in the off season like old school oil.

Kinda holding out for an XM but a '13 Pro just showed up for $7200 obo, w/ 950 mi. Problem is, warranty is up in December. Probably to dicey given the rep of the Poo. So tempting though.

Tyler from Broken Boundary Adventures in Pemby has 3 13 XM's for $9300. Not sure the K.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Kinda holding out for an XM but a '13 Pro just showed up for $7200 obo, w/ 950 mi. Problem is, warranty is up in December. Probably to dicey given the rep of the Poo. So tempting though.
    Most sled manufactures allow you to buy an extended warranty if you purchase it before the original expires. Not sure if that applies to someone other than the original owner, or if it is a reasonable cost....

oil ...

buddy last year had a 2014 freeride xm ... he rode 120+ days. his dealer said he could run amsoil and they would warranty it if need be. just don' tell skidoo. amsoil is way cheaper than doo oil.
    I don't reccomend trying this, but juss sayn ...

the yamaha shop here sells amsoil and they have been pushing me to run it in my doo's ...

my red doo has only ever run doo oil. remember 9,000 miles on the motor. is it luck?

my black doo I was runing amsoil and she only gave me 1700km then blew. total of a bit over 4000miles on her.

I doubt oil had anything to doo with bearing failure given wot I found inside motor.

buddies are running amsoil with no probs ... on old sleds with sad motors ...

Suzuki 800 H.O. for a backup..........good plan

needs moar instagram filters!

nice foosball table.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Mt_Dreamin View Post
    needs moar instagram filters!

nice foosball table.
    Ha. There aren't many filters applied. Just a shit ton of brightness applied to an iPhone shot... There was a ton of smoke from mine lingering in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Since I can ride yet, I have been fiddling with shit. I decided to take advantage of the limited storage space under the seat of my 2014 XM. From the factory, this space holds your owners manual...why i would need that at 2000m is beyond me, so i swapped it out for some better shit.

The kit includes;
    Toilet paper
    Matches & newspaper
    Lock wire
    Snare wire
    Tin foil
    Granola bar / soup stock
    Emergency blanket
    Pull cord
    3 doobies (1 that is 50% hash) & 1 tab of LSD

Its most defiantly not an all inclusive kit, but its shit I dont have to pack around, or worry about forgetting. Any comments or suggestions?
    Swap the newspaper for a tampon Dip tampon in gas tank and voila! Wonderful fire starter. Use this method to make lunch fires too, just don't get caught stealing your lady's tampons. That LSD is a good idea for when the weed wears off and you realize you're fucked in some hole and retreat is impossible.

Thank goodness someone already snagged the $7200 Pro.

^^^ hicks has it right. There are a lot of good backcountry uses for a tampon. Besides a gas sponge, they can be used as a bandage, water filter, and to hand to touring partners if they get whiny.
    See http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/0...rvival-tampon/

Swap the newspaper for a tampon Dip tampon in gas tank and voila! Wonderful fire starter. Use this method to make lunch fires too, just don't get caught stealing your lady's tampons. That LSD is a good idea for when the weed wears off and you realize you're fucked in some hole and retreat is impossible.

Thank goodness someone already snagged the $7200 Pro.
    Take a few cotton balls and soak them in Vaseline for fire-starters.