Page 150 of 167 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    Did you test compression, or just saying that you feel resistance when you yank the pull start?

I've blown two lower ends over the years, and both were also accompanied by completely trashed top ends. Once a broken piston skirt ruined my lower end, and once a blown crank bearing bent the rods and ruined the top end that way.

What I'm getting at is it is unlikely that your problem is isolated to just lower end parts.

If it were me I would either go for a new crate motor (if I wanted to keep it) or swap a donor motor into it and sell it in the fall when you'll get top dollar, upgrade over the summer if you have the means.
    Didnt test, just when pulling. Can def feel both. I think the 4k is for a full rebuild of everything. I mean its got 6000 km on it and isnt in bad shape, but to me it seems like a gamble to fix.

Why? a full rebuild by a good reputable shop is a new engine.
    The problem lies with the rest of the sled having lots of kms.
    If you know all it's history and it's in good shape, not beaten or crashed and has been upgraded and maintained as needed then it's good to go.

A brand new rebuilt complete engine and known chassis is a better bet than buying an entire unknown used sled that could be hiding things or prone to the same engine problems.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Why? a full rebuild by a good reputable shop is a new engine.
    The problem lies with the rest of the sled having lots of kms.
    If you know all it's history and it's in good shape, not beaten or crashed and has been upgraded and maintained as needed then it's good to go.

A brand new rebuilt complete engine and known chassis is a better bet than buying an entire unknown used sled that could be hiding things or prone to the same engine problems.
    Yeah its an interesting gamble. I've owned the sled for 4 seasons. Not super well maintained but still was running good. Track is in decent shape. Clutch serviced done about 15 days ago.

Drop in Long block should be about 3 to 4 Grand. Then you're good for another 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Drop in Long block should be about 3 to 4 Grand. Then you're good for another 4 years
    I think prices have gone up considerably these days.

Decent couple weeks from Hyder to Haines summit to McBride. Not the best skiing do to high pressure wind event but the scenery was incredible.

One more over nighter!

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

It was good two days!

Very well done! Kilpis area on the Suomi side of the border?

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Very well done! Kilpis area on the Suomi side of the border?
    Yeah, around this area. Lots of good skiing, 300-600 vertical. This is best time of year, just reindeer herderers and us there. Although it's not very crowded during season either

Oh super cool. Been through on the road on the way to Oulu a bunch to visit my gf's family, but have never had the chance to stop. Looks like great skiing in the winter and fishing in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Oh super cool. Been through on the road on the way to Oulu a bunch to visit my gf's family, but have never had the chance to stop. Looks like great skiing in the winter and fishing in the summer!
    fishing in summer is really amazing there, trust me, I experienced that

Yeah, awesome fishing around here. About 1 month and that season is on!

Looks legit. Quick rant about wearing ski helmets when sledding. Sledders wear full face helmets for a reason. My helmet protected my face from hitting my sled this season. It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again.

My son broke his nose a couple of years ago. A full face sure would have been nice.
    Some of the SNEL dedicated snowmobile helmets w/breath boxes are kind of heavy to ski with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Looks legit. Quick rant about wearing ski helmets when sledding. Sledders wear full face helmets for a reason. My helmet protected my face from hitting my sled this season. It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again.
    It's non negotiable. Ski helmets are for kooks.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Maggot snowmobile thread

Well, it was the season that has yet to end, but I called it last night, and fogged the engine, stuffed the exhaust, removed the battery and siphoned out the premium fuel (at $2.30L and rising, I ain’t letting that fuel sit the summer, stabilized or not). I haven’t taken the batteries out of the beacons or summer waxed the skis as the roads are starting to open up nearer the subalpine., but with going ocean fishing the next week, it seemed time to put the girl to bed for the summer.

ETA: yup full face moto or snowmobile helmet for sledding. Rather go without the lid for touring than the opposite, or just ride with only the ski skid lid. Bought the wife her first sled helmet for a stocking stuffer, and she now agrees wholeheartedly.

First real sledding of the season yesterday, the alpine is looking completely filled
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2559.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	418824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2576.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	418825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2572.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	867.5 KB 
ID:	418826

I miss my sled. Turbo ski-doos are a ton of fun. Maybe some day I’ll get one again.

My moto helmet was perfect. Surprisingly warm, comfy, as was perfect for almost every day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fired up all 6 sleds yesterday just to keep running fresh gas thru them during the off season. Fine looking stable, ain't it?
    Name:  20220619_102852-01.jpeg
Views: 388
Size:  133.8 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Not sure its gonna be a good decision but buddy who is the head mechanic at the artic cat shop offered to possibly sell me his kids m1000(he's leaving and lost interest) . Newer i think but don't remember year. Needs work but he said he's done diamond drive and a bunch of stuff. Also told me he'd help me do all the work minus parts $. I kinda feel like I can end up with a nicer sled than i need and learn a bunch about working on the motor. I've built 4x4s but little experience on 2 strokes.

Oh and he's throwing in a hot tub to appease the old lady(mine). Its prob a bad idea but for around $3400 I'm having a hard passing on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Not sure its gonna be a good decision but buddy who is the head mechanic at the artic cat shop offered to possibly sell me his kids m1000(he's leaving and lost interest) . Newer i think but don't remember year. Needs work but he said he's done diamond drive and a bunch of stuff. Also told me he'd help me do all the work minus parts $. I kinda feel like I can end up with a nicer sled than i need and learn a bunch about working on the motor. I've built 4x4s but little experience on 2 strokes.

Oh and he's throwing in a hot tub to appease the old lady(mine). Its prob a bad idea but for around $3400 I'm having a hard passing on it.

I had the opportunity to try an M1 turbo (2015 ish). I am a complete noob so take this with a grain of salt:

I hated it.

It was heavy and just wanted to dig trenches all day. I could see where that might be fun if you had a big wide open bowl and you wanted to climb all the things- it was really, really tough in any trees or side hills. I am sure technique would fix all those things - but my experience level mixed with that sled made me go out and buy an ancient tundra for access and it wasn't until about 5 years later when I tried the m8 that I realized that sledding could be fun on its own and not just a way to get to the skin track.

That being said, I could see it as a very fast way to get to the skin track if said track is at the end of a logging road, open glade etc. or you have some skills and it would be a cool project.

What shape is the hot-tub in?

How much discount is the sled getting because you are taking the hot tub off his hands?

Used hot tubs have negative value most of the time.

Hot tub is older but works fine. He's basically wanting 3k for sled and 400 for tub. He built the sled for his kid and is artic cat master mechanic so I'm pretty sure the actual amt of $parts he has in it is stupid. He also didnt really want to sell it but it having some issues that require money and would rather have it go to someone who would be riding with him. I should know a bit more after this week or so.