Page 115 of 167 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    So I am back in Whistler next winter, I need to change up how I haul my sled around. Our place in Creeksid has underground parking, but the space we have is not big enough for our 2008 Tacoma double cab with the sled in the back, it is to long and to wide. I can park it outside, but spots are limited so no guarantee I can get one, last time I ended up renting an underground spot in the village, but that meant we ended up with two vehicles and I want to avoid that. So thinking I need to downsize the truck. Going back a generation in the Tacoma, or a Ford Ranger they are quite a bit narrower, If I could find a regular cab I’d save a couple of feet in length, Issue becomes that those trucks GVWR is quite a bit less than the new gen Tacoma, but I have seen plenty of old Tacoma’s running around Whistler with sleds, and it appears that they are (just) capable of handling the weight. Thinking I could change one of these to a flat deck and save a bit more weight, as well as end up with something specifically designed for a sled.

What I really want is one of these: Toyota HiAce, but they are as rare as hens teeth compared to the usual kei trucks

Attachment 280965

Any other suggestions?
    My 2003 tacoma with xcab standard bed (74”) has a total length of 16’10”, with a gross payload of ~1550lbs. My rear springs were getting a little soft, so I put in an add-a-leaf, but airbags are an option as well. With doo with 154” track, it extends the vehicle by about 4’, so total length is around 20’. With the extra leafs, she runs level and has no issue with the sled in the back, 2 up front and all the basic gear. Sled has a dry weight of about 470lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Couple of days up high. Not too disappointed. Got 2km from the truck stopped to secure loads on the sleds. My buddy on a rented 850 couldn't start the sled. Long fucking day, score a point for having my inreach. Texted guy and after a bunch of back and forth had a different sled to take up. Would come to find out it blew the top end. 2000km on a 19 850 doo.
    Ended up with some blue sky and new snow. Buddy did well tandeming and making it down on his own without nailing rocks. I might be done for the sled season after that trip.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    was just out today on the sled behind Vail today and was thinking I would rather be sledding than skiing...then I saw this. nice!

Keep in mind adding a leaf or airbags doesn’t add anything to the vehicles overall payload (gvwr) Both are upgrades that are only meant for vehicle handling characteristics with increased payload up to your max. Frame specs, shocks, struts, brakes etc are still only rated up to the original payload with those upgrades. In BC the CVSE will deactivate, fine and tow you upon inspection if u are over your gvwr. I’ve seen CVSE inspecting sledders in Revelstoke/sushwap and okanagan in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Keep in mind adding a leaf or airbags doesn’t add anything to the vehicles overall payload (gvwr) Both are upgrades that are only meant for vehicle handling characteristics with increased payload up to your max. Frame specs, shocks, struts, brakes etc are still only rated up to the original payload with those upgrades. In BC the CVSE will deactivate, fine and tow you upon inspection if u are over your gvwr. I’ve seen CVSE inspecting sledders in Revelstoke/sushwap and okanagan in recent years.
    Half tons jacked to the sky with sled decks with 2 sleds I bet. And with good reason.
    But absolutely;I had no illusions about my leafpack upgrade and my max payload. The CVSE are watching the hwy here almost every week and pull just about anything over to inspect. They have never given me a second glance with my sled in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    My 2003 tacoma with xcab standard bed (74”) has a total length of 16’10”, with a gross payload of ~1550lbs. My rear springs were getting a little soft, so I put in an add-a-leaf, but airbags are an option as well. With doo with 154” track, it extends the vehicle by about 4’, so total length is around 20’. With the extra leafs, she runs level and has no issue with the sled in the back, 2 up front and all the basic gear. Sled has a dry weight of about 470lbs.
    Thanks for that, that is the kind of info I needed.

Thanks for that, that is the kind of info I needed.
    Cheap ranger listed on Whistler Buy/Sell. Is RWD though.
    Can't share the post but you should be able to find it.

Custom taco flat deck. Works well!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190113_164259.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	281260
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Custom taco flat deck. Works well!

Name:	20190113_164259.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	281260
    Custom low rider xm

Maggot snowmobile thread

Custom low rider xm

And that doesn’t look like any 1st gen taco cab I’ve ever seen, unless it’s a right hand drive....

Custom low rider xm

Heavy snow flap...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My rear shock froze into lowrider position. Went from warm snow to super cold blower and was tandeming. Could not get it back even with 5 guys pulling. Fun ride out. Easy fix when warm.

It's a normal taco that got smoked last year and he just took the insurance cash and made the custom deck. Has airbags. Looks cool.

Nice, I need to do first gen, second gen is to wide. Deck is definitely an option.

Selling my 2013 154" 800 XM etec. $4200. 9000km with a new crate engine at 5600km. Used mainly for ski access. Comes with a board/ski cheetah rack. Runs great and serviced every year.

Name:	DSC_0354.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	900.0 KB 
ID:	281570

Name:	DSC_0353.jpg 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	281571

Name:	DSC_0355.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	281573

Nice, I need to do first gen, second gen is to wide. Deck is definitely an option.
    You think my truck is too wide?

You get a first gen because they're made better and don't have fiberglass beds, not because of the width
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Selling my 2013 154" 800 XM etec. $4200. 9000km with a new crate engine at 5600km. Used mainly for ski access. Comes with a board/ski cheetah rack. Runs great and serviced every year.
    You're in Canuckistan right? Is that $4200 in American or Canadian pesos?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    You think my truck is too wide?

You get a first gen because they're made better and don't have fiberglass beds, not because of the width
    First gen, 66” wide, second gen 72” wide, makes a difference parking it in our spot. As for better or worse, in Canada a lot of first gens ended up scrapped because of frames rusting thru, they can be hard to find in good condition. Fiberglass bed, meh, I haven’t noticed an issue with ours, works just fine. Still will probably end up first gen. Need 4 wheel drive which narrow things down as well, would really like a regular cab cause it is even shorter but that is even rarer, so regular cab 4 wheel drive, good frame, V6 and hopefully not 400,000km, probably one of them in Canada, just need to find the guy who owns it and convince him to sell

Canadian pesos

Name:	DSC_0354.jpg 
Size:	900.0 KB 
ID:	281570

Name:	DSC_0353.jpg 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	281571

Name:	DSC_0355.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	281573
    You forgot to mention the custom low ride option.

.... big selling feature in the Latino market , so hear.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

^^^ low ride was triggered by your fat ass.

Looking at upgrading next season - currently running an '08 Summit 154. Saw few come up used and hoping to take advantage of the summer pricing. Any thoughts from any of the more seasoned sled purchasers on here? Done a bunch of research and would love to have the t3 package but not sure it's necessary for what i do (primarily access with some sledding for fun). That being said, I love ripping around on the thing even while accessing areas. I can't figure out what is and what isn't a good price due to my lack of purchasing experience.

Cheapest but furthest away (that I'm currently looking):
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/r...ationFlag=true

This one is local so has that going for it:
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/n...ationFlag=true

This one is on the mainland and a bit of a drive but cheaper:
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/k...ationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/v...ationFlag=true
    Last edited by shafty85; 06-30-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Looking at upgrading next season - currently running an '08 Summit 154. Saw few come up used and hoping to take advantage of the summer pricing. Any thoughts from any of the more seasoned sled purchasers on here? Done a bunch of research and would love to have the t3 package but not sure it's necessary for what i do (primarily access with some sledding for fun). That being said, I love ripping around on the thing even while accessing areas. I can't figure out what is and what isn't a good price due to my lack of purchasing experience.

Cheapest but furthest away (that I'm currently looking):

This one is local so has that going for it:
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/n...ationFlag=true

This one is on the mainland and a bit of a drive but cheaper:
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/k...ationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/v...ationFlag=true
    Go with the local one. U should be able to get it for 7K. 8K for that is on the higher price end for that year. All the other ones have way to many KM and I would question the reliability. the T3 is a game changer. you won't look back.

^^^ thanks. Those were my exact thoughts, even regarding the price.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Gave up on the hopes of one more day in late June and finally unloaded the sled from the trailer

now the wait begins...

hate to say how much fun it was in the backcountry on the alpha...no crowds and short of tree wells and trying to keep up w the more experienced riders, super laid back sport!

I caved and walked into the sled shop today, put down a deposit on a 19 Ski-Doo Summit 175. Possibly the smartest and dumbest decision I’ve ever made. I’m sure the GoPro will be recording many many dumb painful and stupid moments. Standby to watch the shit show coming to the Tetons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maggot snowmobile thread

Last years model?
    20’s should be shipping next month.
    Anyone else have trouble with Shot? Apparently they had a bunch of bad modules.