Page 101 of 167 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4154
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2959.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	227770
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Had some family come from Ontario. They have sleds but have never been to ab/bc on them. Was izzy 's first time skiing powder, being in the back country and tandem. Her and her dad both flipped sleds before we even left the parking lot. One playing on a snow bank the other hitting a patch of dirt mid turn. Didn't think we would make it up!
    Worked well, got three runs in, but the go pro died after the second.

80m from the parking lot thr little one couldn't hold on any more to the sled through the whoops. Hit the throttle with her leg or something and it took off like a rodeo bull. Dumped her off and bounced onto the logging road. Damn those 850 airboxes are fragile and ripe for the smashing. Probably 500$ to the three different parts.
    Made a little video of it. (3 minutes)

https://youtu.be/hQJjp5rep0c

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yesterday was ok

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

My 2014 Ac is for sale. 5900.00

Started life as a 153 but now 162.
    39xx km
    Tons of upgrades and updates.
    2016 36" front end, updated rear skid to 2016 rails and pivots.
    Proclimb Running Boards
    Powder Pro skis
    C3 Belt Drive
    Bikeman Clutching.
    Full Stage 5 Elka Shocks (setup for 175lb rider. Also have another set of springs for 200lb)
    Currently running Sled Shed Cooker Can but stock can included.
    Skinz rear bumper proclimb front bumper
    CFR rack with 2 board /ski holders, fitted cover, spare clutch and drive belts.

Issues: one tiny tear in the seat where a boot buckle punched thru. Windshield is cracked at one mounting point, still attaches fine.

A great sled for pretty much anything.

Located in Whistler.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5478450-52BB-4028-B2C5-B2E784AD4EE6.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	399.2 KB 
ID:	228772

Name:	CDFF70AD-CCFD-4AA2-BF8F-9709E69A1A2B.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	406.6 KB 
ID:	228773
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC3DA94F-6367-438E-9A9E-A4E285FA6CF7.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	228774  

Ah thats you. Saw that on Buy/Sell.
    Got some questions for you, ill drop you a fb message when i get time.

Ahh, I'm finally making progress on the engine rebuild. Even if I don't end up using my sled this season, I think it was worthwhile tearing it apart so that I didn't use it as its possible that I would have done some damage to the engine with 3,000 miles on it. There's a really nice crack in the original piston skirt that could have caused some problems.

Name:	IMG_4144.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	229432

I didn't realize that I would have better things to do than rebuild the sled this winter, like skiing, and playing in the sand with my 1.5 yr old kid. But I finally found some time last night to put the engine together. Two stroke engines are such simple machines, its pretty cool to take one apart and rebuild it.

Name:	IMG_4471.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	995.5 KB 
ID:	229435

Name:	IMG_4484.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	977.1 KB 
ID:	229436

Name:	IMG_4513.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	229434
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4490.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	854.9 KB 
ID:	229437  

Good on ya for taking this project on.

Hey bro you need some more oil lines with your oil lines, in case you run out of oil lines.

Nice find on the piston though. Maybe needed more oil.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Haha, I didn't go anywhere near those oil lines, except to change the oil filter that connects to the oil reservoir. The crankcase had an inch or two of oil in it before I cleaned it out. No idea if that's good or not. I also assume the water and oil pumps will continue to work as well. Assumptions.......

I even got it bolted back into the sled last night! I was surprised at how light the engine felt without radiator fluid compared to when I lifted it out at the beginning of the project.

Things would go much quicker too if I slowed down. Instead I tend to bolt a part on, think it's symmetrical, realize it is upside down, remove and replace it, realize I didn't use lock-tite, pull the bolts again, then look up the required torque and then have to go back and torque the bolts to the right amount before moving on to the next part. Ahhhh, DIY!!!

Snowmobiles.

You know....

"fun!"

I think the insane amount of oiling is a carryover from Polaris not being able to make an 800 that didn't eat cranks up to that point. Not sure the outright bath is part of the design or not.. They definitely want oil getting in there to some significant degree though.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Haha, I didn't go anywhere near those oil lines, except to change the oil filter that connects to the oil reservoir. The crankcase had an inch or two of oil in it before I cleaned it out. No idea if that's good or not. I also assume the water and oil pumps will continue to work as well. Assumptions.......

I even got it bolted back into the sled last night! I was surprised at how light the engine felt without radiator fluid compared to when I lifted it out at the beginning of the project.

Things would go much quicker too if I slowed down. Instead I tend to bolt a part on, think it's symmetrical, realize it is upside down, remove and replace it, realize I didn't use lock-tite, pull the bolts again, then look up the required torque and then have to go back and torque the bolts to the right amount before moving on to the next part. Ahhhh, DIY!!!
    I am rooting for ya bud ..... but if this thing pops in its first few hundred km, not too many would be surprised.

I hate to tell you this but before you got everything back together, you could have checked the oil and water pump functions.

A dead water pump will fry your sled pretty soon and you'll know once the temp shoots to the moon as soon as you start moving. You'll see temp warnings though. Both are driven by the crank though so you can still see if water or oil moves through the pumps by just pulling the cord and turning it over.

It's been so long remind me.....why did you take all that apart again? I mean I'm glad you found that fucked piston but that's going deep.

It's a 2007 Polaris RMK 900 with almost 3,000 miles. I read somewhere that you're supposed to rebuild the top end on a snowmobile after 3,000 miles and the throttle response seemed just a little less snappy so it was a gut feeling between; do I try to get away with another 5 or 10 days this season or get it apart and do the required maintenance.

I've worked on cars since I got my drivers license and helped my stepdad work on my first car - a 1970 Datsum 240Z, and have driven a bunch of crappy old cars for a long time and drive watching the the radiator temperature, especially on my sled. Philosophy/pride/environmental impact of new crap/whatever leads me to almost always choosing to do maintenance and repair over buying the newest or greatest toy. To me working on my own sled is part of owning a sled. I'm mostly making fun of the way I double check my work.

Sure, I'm well aware I might miss something, and it all goes boom after throwing about $600 in parts and machine shop work, but I'm confident it'll go all back together fine. And that first pull on the starter when it turns over knowing I figured it out on my own is super rewarding.

What I'm confused about now is if the first 5 minutes to few hours are so critical to engine break in, do I run the engine to see if it runs, and bleed the bubbles out of the oil and radiator fluid while it's on the trailer, or do I have to wait until it's on snow to bleed the fluids then?

Just curious...Did you have adequate compression before you pulled it apart?

There's a weird bleed off function on the 900 where when the engine runs it might hold 120-150 psi or so, but in order to use the pull start, the compression tops out about 90psi otherwise a person wouldn't be able to turn the engine over. At least that's what I've read and I had about 90psi in both cylinders prior to rebuilding the engine.

As it sounds like you probably know, compression is generally a ring thing so a cracked skirt wouldn't have shown anything. So it's good you dug in there. But to pull the entire motor? You must have done the crank and/or bearings too I assume? I had a 700 of the same year (same block, different jugs) and do remember something weird like that about the compression. I sold it after like two months though...... It just did weird things and I didn't know enough about sleds at the time to dig in.

As far as break in goes, once you get to the point you've got the head on, drop some oil in the plug holes so it has time to soak and coat everything as you get the rest back together. You can run premix on your first tank if you're worried about not getting oil immediately. As far as the coolant goes, fill up the reservoir and just pull the cord a bunch to cycle and keep filling until the volume stabilizes. Then run it a little, carry a gatorade bottle with some with you, and just keep checking it on your first ride. Some people prop the front of the sled up and run it at idle and just keep filling as it drains (not filling the resi while it's running obviously).

Did you completely drain all the oil lines? If so, I'd do a 1:50 premix for your first tank.

Joys of spring sledding, 2 km of mud to start the day..... wife was riding the old 670 and the sliders got so hot when she stopped to kick snow the rails stuck to the sliders.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

From full stoke to full stop

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    From full stoke to full stop
    How long to dig out of that one?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    How long to dig out of that one?!?
    Probably just under 2 hours. We all had wet feet by the end. I'm so sore today

Probably just under 2 hours. We all had wet feet by the end. I'm so sore today
    Brutal

Name:	C22E2C29-9238-4A24-A8BC-0D11BD4E22BE.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	387.0 KB 
ID:	229689

Name:	719F879A-6F27-49C2-9747-D0406BE70E1A.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	229690

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    Brutal
    Hit a tree on this slope as well. Just a hard hard day

That's a good stuck up there! Oh the joys!
    Good fun to be had.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hit a tree on this slope as well. Just a hard hard day
    Yeesh