Page 77 of 167 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4154
    Try a Local welding shop, or royal distributing online.

Whistler needs more snow. Brandywine was fine, though pretty much a white out once you got up, but the lower part of the road in, is rapidly turning to gravel, and more like spring than Jan. Going to be sore tomorrow, few stucks, not to bad, one 5 minute shovel, two roll overs and pretty much all caused by woosing out with the throttle. Although if I had gunned it, and not made the turn I was trying, it would been a way worse stuck. Can see this is going to take some time.....

I finally got sick of carrying my skis on my back. Had a setup last season using a ratchet strap that kinda worked but wasn't ideal. Decided to treat myself to a rack this year and went with the Knight Rider. Its a well built and solid unit.
    Their ability to carry skis is lacking (they're somewhat specific to snowboards).
    I modded and installed my new rack using just the break away straps, keeps the skis nice and tight.
    Haven't tested it yet, but seems solid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kn1.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	615.2 KB 
ID:	162535

Name:	kn2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	584.6 KB 
ID:	162534

Name:	kn4.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	162533

Name:	kn5.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	567.0 KB 
ID:	162532

Name:	kn6.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	676.0 KB 
ID:	162531
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Whistler needs more snow. Brandywine was fine, though pretty much a white out once you got up, but the lower part of the road in, is rapidly turning to gravel, and more like spring than Jan. Going to be sore tomorrow, few stucks, not to bad, one 5 minute shovel, two roll overs and pretty much all caused by woosing out with the throttle. Although if I had gunned it, and not made the turn I was trying, it would been a way worse stuck. Can see this is going to take some time.....
    How was the snow. Did you ski at all? I left town and will not be coming back till significant improvements happen. Crossing my fingers that by Feb it will be good.

No skiing, just learning to ride the sled for now. It would have not been worth skiing, heavy wet snow. Maybe it was better if you got way up high, but based on recent freezing levels, I doubt it.

Lets bump this up

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_lepowski View Post

Lets bump this up
    Beautiful.
    Ruby Mtns last weekend.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1421780296.837328.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	162903

Ruby range in CO this weekend

Beautiful. I am just waiting for it to be a sunny day on one of my trips so I can actually SEE what I am sledding around on.

And how about a super short video of the weekend as well

Finally got some snow....

Where to sled this Saturday?

Been going up to Brandywine every Saturday to get some riding in, but freezing levels this weekend, and the amount of precip predicted down low make me think that the road in is going to be wiped out by then. Anywhere within and hour or so that will still have good, if wet access,and might have riding in something other than rain?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Where to sled this Saturday?

Been going up to Brandywine every Saturday to get some riding in, but freezing levels this weekend, and the amount of precip predicted down low make me think that the road in is going to be wiped out by then. Anywhere within and hour or so that will still have good, if wet access,and might have riding in something other than rain?
    Eldo- im thinking im around next week, not 100% yet as Weather forecast is definitely a downer. Ski touring the rockies has been good so hard to leave low but dry snow for low and wet snow in the rain....but I should be back or I will miss the next short lived cold front. Maybe we should get out. Can't let all the cats out of the bag but could take you for sled ride beyond Brandywine...

That would be great, as long as you don't mind slowing down for me. Let me know when you know if you will be back.

Took my new (and first) sled out the other day, great over the head powder. Thanks for the purchasing advice guys. (With some mediocre skiing mixed in)

Last edited by RidgeTop Productions; 01-24-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Went up Brandywine again today, road in was pretty much gravel on lower hills, and crazy whooped up where there was snow. Snow bridges in the meadow have almost all fallen into the creek, snow was shmoo, but it was a beautiful sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeTop Productions View Post
    Took my new (and first) sled out the other day, great over the head powder. Thanks for the purchasing advice guys. (With some mediocre skiing mixed in)

Epic five footers mixed with whooping sled riding made me laugh! Thanks!

FWIW - Rode with a few turbo'd Polaris dudes this weekend. Couple thoughts...

1) Turbos are amazing. The top notch Boondocker offerings sure do seem reliable to me.
    2) 95% of riders have no business owning one
    3) Anyone who claims the T3 stuff is akin to a turbo sled is high and/or riding with very poorly tuned turbo stuff. Its a totally different sport...

Oh god.

Now it's really over

I bought one last year and then sold it without ever installing it. Because you know........Tahoe........snow. The whole thing was apparently just a dream.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Oh god.

Now it's really over

I bought one last year and then sold it without ever installing it. Because you know........Tahoe........snow. The whole thing was apparently just a dream.
    Yeah - dude - what I saw on Saturday absolutely blew my mind. BTW - postpone your trip. SIA is coming and snow sucks.

Yeah it wasn't even really for what most guys use turbos for......more just getting to things in deep snow with the sled on it's side which is the the ONLY time I've ever felt more horsies and torque is useful over stock. Then it quit snowing and stopped being an issue. Plus setting those things up scared me a little bit.

Trip is already canned. I'll catch you when things get going again.

I'm glad you got your sled out. That sounded like a shitty walk.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Ruby range in CO this weekend
    natural or sled/skier triggered slide?

Way up in the bowl? Natural. Aside from a knucklehead or two people stay out of big avy paths here in CO

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Epic five footers mixed with whooping sled riding made me laugh! Thanks!
    Ha, yea... not very impressive skiing. But damn was that sledding fun...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    FWIW - Rode with a few turbo'd Polaris dudes this weekend. Couple thoughts...

1) Turbos are amazing. The top notch Boondocker offerings sure do seem reliable to me.
    2) 95% of riders have no business owning one
    3) Anyone who claims the T3 stuff is akin to a turbo sled is high and/or riding with very poorly tuned turbo stuff. Its a totally different sport...
    funny as fark !!!

welcome to alberta ... no wait ...

welcome albertains to B.C.

would you like to pre program this number to your phone ???

wot number is that ???

search and rescue ...

why would i need that ???

cooz they can organize a heli evac of your broken polaris !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...