Page 66 of 167 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Talking about area skiing, doubt I would actually get a single run in off of a sled this winter
    Ive got access to a local sled tour ops rental fleet. Trade paint work for sled stuff. Getting my boys out on the mini z 120s this season. I'll get you out for a day or 2 of sled ski in brandywine during their downtime. It will blow your mind.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Talking about area skiing, doubt I would actually get a single run in off of a sled this winter
    Meh....you will. Just take some days (like 5-12) and really go out and learn to ride. You'll get some skiing in. Where people blow it is the attitude of 'I'm not going out on the sled unless I get to ski'. Then they never learn how to get to the skiing. Just like with anything else, competent knowledgeable friends are important.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Sad day for me, but my sleds are going up for sale this weekend. Wife wants a new wakeboat and I hardly rode last year due to work so my shiny new enclosed trailer and both machines are on the block. Still have my '04 Rev to rebuild and get my fix with so it's not a complete end.
    Brand new, like 15kms on it, black aluminum 14' V Nose Haulmark trailer.
    2011 Nytro 163 that's pretty much new. I rode it a couple of times and left it to my wife so most of it's use has been mellow meadows and trails, maybe 300-400kms on it. I have to check the exact numbers.
    2013 RMK 800 155 with ridiculously low mileage. Exact same machine as the '12 Pro, still stock apart from the heated dash compartment being added.
    Both sleds have CFR racks, Nytro ski only, RMK both ski & board.
    Package deal would be perfect, but will separately.

so wife wants to see how much money can be lost on near new sleds ???

she had better look good in a bikini on a wake board boat for that ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    so wife wants to see how much money can be lost on near new sleds ???

she had better look good in a bikini on a wake board boat for that ...
    If the male to chicks in bikinis ratio wasn't pretty favorable I wouldn't even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Ive got access to a local sled tour ops rental fleet. Trade paint work for sled stuff. Getting my boys out on the mini z 120s this season. I'll get you out for a day or 2 of sled ski in brandywine during their downtime. It will blow your mind.

That would be great, was planning on using this winter to figure out where to store a sled, and how much time I would actually have to ride, into it next year. But it would be great to get out a few days to get a feel for the terrain. Rental would be fine for that as it would be mostly to get some more riding experience in.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Meh....you will. Just take some days (like 5-12) and really go out and learn to ride. You'll get some skiing in. Where people blow it is the attitude of 'I'm not going out on the sled unless I get to ski'. Then they never learn how to get to the skiing. Just like with anything else, competent knowledgeable friends are important.
    That is the problem, not sure I will have that much time this year to spend on a sled, so if I get out I am just going to use the time to get some experience on the machine without the extra hassle of hauling ski stuff along.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder View Post
    If the male to chicks in bikinis ratio wasn't pretty favorable I wouldn't even consider it.

Sounds like you need a TGR friend to join you on wake trips?
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

How do you look in a bikini?

This thread is full of the lols.

PH, where you skiing at these days? Banff/LL or you still getting out to Red a bunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    This thread is full of the lols.

PH, where you skiing at these days? Banff/LL or you still getting out to Red a bunch?
    Not much resort anywhere, but around Castle mostly over the last couple of seasons. Have a spot on the lake sw of Elko now so probably more Fernie or Kimberley this season. You still in Kimberley?

Yep, downhill ski here and probably Whistler a bunch this winter since EE is there. Sled ski here and up Golden way with DougW and mrsDW.

Looking for an "inexpensive" snowmobile for the winter, have experience with rebuilding all sorts of motors so if you have or know of one with a seized motor or needs a little work I am very interested. Figure rebuilding one before riding is probably the best way to get to know how to work on them and become familiar with the motor, parts of it, etc. Closer to Denver the better, prefer a 150"ish track. Thanks

Well no one knows what you consider inexpensive.

And honestly depending on how the motor is blown, whether it's just top end stuff, the case or the crank itself, you don't necessarily save any money by the time you replace most of that stuff.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Well no one knows what you consider inexpensive.

And honestly depending on how the motor is blown, whether it's just top end stuff, the case or the crank itself, you don't necessarily save any money by the time you replace most of that stuff.
    Hopefully under $2k but variable depending on issues/make/model, etc.. I figure buying a used running sled the motor could crap out within the first 10 min.. Rather buy one cheap priced accordingly to the work it needs and know the motor will be good for awhile after I do a rebuild. Plus I like tinkering and learning how to work on different machines.

I hear wot ur sayn. a guy was sayn just this on wekend. but I dont believe ur saving much. sure sleds r a gamble blown up in 10 mins, but if u buy a blown up 1 either u may be missing parts coz buddy striper her down and lost parts, or he knows its far too much $$$ to fix it. if its still in 1 peice u dont know how much damage there is. sleds r different to every other machine on this planet.

I say buy a $2500 running skidoo from 670's and newer ...

but I am biased to doo doo's ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

I just did it. New Polaris Pro RMK 800 - $8999. Sort of too good to pass up.

Here my two cents about my experience with sleds.
    I live in the Vancouver area. I bought two machine last year at a consignment store, one 06 M7 and one 07 M8 arctic cat, both 162" tracks.
    The sleds had "reasonable" mileage around 4000km (~2500 miles). In the end I paid closed to $8k CAD including an old school steel trailer.
    It was really hard at first to learn. Deep heavy snow made for a lot of digging. Then we started to get the hang of it and it was tons of fun still hard though.
    I had to replace the skis on the M7 (~150$), I got stranded in the middle of nowhere with a broken steering column. We made it back, cost ~150$ to replace the steering column. I installed two tether switch for another $150. I had a good twenty days with the sleds during the winter, spent perhaps another 80$ on oil and another 1000$ on gas. My truck gas mileage goes half when I pull the trailer. Aluminum trailer would be help here I think. Finally, for spring skiing I went four days to the pemby icecap. Awesome trip until I seized the M7... Thankfully once cooled the engine restarted and we made it back to the truck.
    This summer I rebuilt completely the two sleds. Around 40Hrs total of work (with the help of a sled mechanics). We went through everything, top-end rebuild (pistons+one cylinder) for the M7, gas intake flaps, EFI cleanup, clutch rebuild (M7 and M8), motor mounts M7, hifax M7 and M8, transmission rebuilt (M8), suspension rebuilt (M7 and M8, more than half the bearings were shots), new carbide for the M8, re-pressurizing air shocks, etc... Total cost was around $2000 to $2500 for the two sleds. I was amazed at how beat up the sleds were considering they only has 5km...
    Now I hope they will survive next season, I have many spots I want to check out on my bucket list!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    Yeah! Too good to pass up for sure. That's an amazing deal for a new Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by janusgre View Post
    Here my two cents about my experience with sleds.
    I live in the Vancouver area. I bought two machine last year at a consignment store, one 06 M7 and one 07 M8 arctic cat, both 162" tracks.
    The sleds had "reasonable" mileage around 4000km (~2500 miles). In the end I paid closed to $8k CAD including an old school steel trailer.
    It was really hard at first to learn. Deep heavy snow made for a lot of digging. Then we started to get the hang of it and it was tons of fun still hard though.
    I had to replace the skis on the M7 (~150$), I got stranded in the middle of nowhere with a broken steering column. We made it back, cost ~150$ to replace the steering column. I installed two tether switch for another $150. I had a good twenty days with the sleds during the winter, spent perhaps another 80$ on oil and another 1000$ on gas. My truck gas mileage goes half when I pull the trailer. Aluminum trailer would be help here I think. Finally, for spring skiing I went four days to the pemby icecap. Awesome trip until I seized the M7... Thankfully once cooled the engine restarted and we made it back to the truck.
    This summer I rebuilt completely the two sleds. Around 40Hrs total of work (with the help of a sled mechanics). We went through everything, top-end rebuild (pistons+one cylinder) for the M7, gas intake flaps, EFI cleanup, clutch rebuild (M7 and M8), motor mounts M7, hifax M7 and M8, transmission rebuilt (M8), suspension rebuilt (M7 and M8, more than half the bearings were shots), new carbide for the M8, re-pressurizing air shocks, etc... Total cost was around $2000 to $2500 for the two sleds. I was amazed at how beat up the sleds were considering they only has 5km...
    Now I hope they will survive next season, I have many spots I want to check out on my bucket list!
    That sounds about right for maintenance costs on a sled with that kind of kms.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Ive got access to a local sled tour ops rental fleet
    So what does that run a day?
    Just sold both of our sleds.

Anyone have any thoughts on insurance? I am happy to have a high deductible but yeah, I want insurance...

I had my M7 insured a couple of seasons ago. I think it was around $200 through Progressive, but I only had comprehensive (for theft), no collision. It's now protected against theft through my renter's policy. Collision I've only ever been concerned about to/from the trailhead. I'm assuming (hoping) that would be covered under my auto policy but am not really sure - sometimes coverage gets weird when trailers are involved. My machine is considerably less valuable than yours, so I haven't delved into the details in a while.

Haaha! Rad. I'm relieved you didn't run around looking for a blown one to replace the motor in. What year is it?

Anyone have any thoughts on insurance? I am happy to have a high deductible but yeah, I want insurance...
    I called my State Farm agent and added it. I think it is around $200 a year with a $500 deductible.