Page 129 of 167 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4154
    we need a better set up for the sleds at work - something I can haul two sets of skis
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I went cheetah and really am happy. I thought it was dumb to be able to take the rack off easily (LinQ) but it’s was really nice to get into a zone and go boondock around for a bit with out the rack and skis back there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dongy View Post
    Also if you want a sled I got mine over 3k off MSRP soooo good time to buy
    Both work great IME. Oh, and that 850 looks like a pure hot sex machine.

Quote Originally Posted by dongy View Post
    Any opinions on racks (MoPros vs Cheetah) for a new Ski Doo 850? Ski Doo LinQ racks are overpriced, Cheetah makes a rack for LinQ, MoPros does not but their racks look the most versatile.

Thoughts or experiences?
    I have a MoPros rack on my Summit 850 now and like it much better than the Cheetah rack that I had on my previous sled. The MoPros ski/snowboard brackets are versatile and have managed to carry everything I've tried to strap into them. I have the previous generation of the shorty rack and I'm very tempted to upgrade to the big one this year with the new brackets and the heated boot bag.

As far as MoPros spamming the forum, I know he was really aggressive when he started the company but I think he's matured and mellowed out a little in the last couple of years. He's still an intense guy to hang out with.

Just installed all my extras onto my new g4.
    Extended glove box, power port, rear seat bag, cheetah rack,tow bumper! Ready to shred!!

Linq Cheetah rack took 30seconds...

I’ve been using Cheetah racks since early 2000’s it’s the only way to go!!!!!

Only know I have against CFR is one of the ski racks broke, the plastic piece, when I rolled the sled with skis on it. So it broke and it was 10000% my fault. I called CFR and said I screwed up and broke one of the ski holders (which was good because my skis didn’t break) and could I buy just a single ski holder. They said I could buy one but they would send me one for free under warranty instead. I don’t even think I paid shipping.

I literally fucked up, broke the ski holder, and they said here is a new one, don’t worry about it. I’m sold on CFR for life. That’s the type of community service that leads to loyalty.

I have to stop checking on this thread, it is going to cost me a lot of $$$$$

Fuck the new sleds are sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Jason4 View Post
    I have a MoPros rack on my Summit 850 now and like it much better than the Cheetah rack that I had on my previous sled. The MoPros ski/snowboard brackets are versatile and have managed to carry everything I've tried to strap into them. I have the previous generation of the shorty rack and I'm very tempted to upgrade to the big one this year with the new brackets and the heated boot bag.

As far as MoPros spamming the forum, I know he was really aggressive when he started the company but I think he's matured and mellowed out a little in the last couple of years. He's still an intense guy to hang out with.
    Yeah the main thing drawing me to the MoPros is the adjustability of the cross bars versus the Cheetah rack having fixed welded bars. I also like that the MoPros straps seem to cater to everything from skis to boards and snowsurfs. I'll be riding with people where we do all 3, but Cheetah seems to make straps specific to each which is less ideal. Cheetah is cheaper though and more OG. Owned an old rack of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Just installed all my extras onto my new g4.
    Extended glove box, power port, rear seat bag, cheetah rack,tow bumper! Ready to shred!!

Linq Cheetah rack took 30seconds...

I’ve been using Cheetah racks since early 2000’s it’s the only way to go!!!!!

Didn't even think of that LinQ benefit with the Cheetah rack but that's a good call.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

This thread definitely helped push me towards buying new. After splitting a 2007 Polaris RMK 700 with my buddy my first season, then buying an old 2003 Arctic Cat 900, I was ready and finally had the cash to purchase something new with a warranty. And getting into more technical terrain this season, I knew the Gen4 was going to be much easier for me to ride than an old and wide sled. Super stoked on it and jumped when I saw sweet holdover prices on the 2020s

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

Just do it

Anybody have specific recs on durable pants for braaping? I can run the same outerwear for 5+ seasons ski touring but the 'mobiling is a lot harder on stuff IME.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Anybody have specific recs on durable pants for braaping? I can run the same outerwear for 5+ seasons ski touring but the 'mobiling is a lot harder on stuff IME.
    I had Burton bibs last winter and they got shredded so fast. They were held together by gorilla tape by the end of the winter. So I don’t recommend those.

I’m switching back to FlyLow Baker bibs (should of just gotten them instead of the Dakine bibs but that’s a different story). They have extra reinforced panels in places that the Dakine bibs got ripped, so fingers crossed? The Baker bibs are heavy, but if I’m sledding I don’t care as much about weight.

Same here. flylow baker bibs held up to lots of snowmobile time. Ballsitic nylon is smart to have

Ive been touring this past 3 seasons using klim pants and they still look pretty much new, even when stepping badly on them with crampons. The side zippers that let you literally get naked on hot days have also been a game changer for me

Interdasting. Had a few Flylow pieces in the past that I was not impressed with but it's been awhile. Sizing never worked for me either but it looks like the do a medium tall now.

Klim feedback is helpful too. I've been wondering if any of the powersports brands are worth checking out. Hard to trust the opinions of a demographic that wore what were effectively starter jackets for 30yrs. Most skiers I know that became 'mobilers use Klim.

I use baker bibs and am pretty happy with them. Should look into an insulated klim bib though that could go over lighter softshells for skiing, especially with longer sleds to get to skiing. Anyone doing this?

Most hardcore snowmobilers are rocking one piece 3 layer suits these days. They understand layering just fine. Bunch of them don't have backpacks on...a feature I am jealous of but water, skins and poles go in the tunnel bag most of the time so I'm half way there

Klim is dope but you are paying for it.

Interdasting. Had a few Flylow pieces in the past that I was not impressed with but it's been awhile. Sizing never worked for me either but it looks like the do a medium tall now.
    I had some older Flylow pieces and the mechanical durability was always really good, but the waterproofing durability was not. Newer stuff seems to have fixed that, at least for me. The current Bakers are pretty damn burly, although I didn't sled much the last couple years to really test them out.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Most hardcore snowmobilers are rocking one piece 3 layer suits these days. They understand layering just fine. Bunch of them don't have backpacks on...a feature I am jealous of but water, skins and poles go in the tunnel bag most of the time so I'm half way there

Klim is dope but you are paying for it.
    I've determined that in the sledder community there is an almost 100% correlation between no backpack and no avy gear (or knowledge). Agreed on the Klim gear. Their powerxross gloves are especially good.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    I use baker bibs and am pretty happy with them. Should look into an insulated klim bib though that could go over lighter softshells for skiing, especially with longer sleds to get to skiing. Anyone doing this?
    Depending on where you live, you may have to sled in from lower elevations to get to the goods, which sometimes entails riding through the rain . That is a pretty common occurrence here in WA. We often carry a complete extra hardshell kit on the sled for this purpose.

thick softshells with reinforced knees,(inserts for knee pads for the win) with membrane and taped made from like gore windstopper fabric, etc ( i used both ws and etc fabrics) with lots of cross venting zips are best fabric to last long time and not rip, you want the stretch and not the hardshells for pants (hardshell jackets are fine) I rode same pants that fit this description for years (still do).......and just wear your AT boots, no need to boot up in the backcountry imo, if u are going to switch from ski to pow surfer you will have to make some boot carry plans, board to powsurfer boot consolidation works but not ideal

p.s. besides venting zips, never underestimate the power & venting performance/qualities of leaving your fly down when needed....im not kidding...it works

i can go on about vests/packs/avi bags for ski accessed sledding.....and the need for smart carry for traveling light with no flapping
    Last edited by Micol; 10-09-2020 at 06:37 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Cheetah factory rack is the only option imo. My rack is linq compatible, oneside is setup for ski/board the other pow surf board. Dime bag keeps water, coffee and soup thermoses.
    Linq gas can and linq snow flap all fit together very nicely.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

One vote for MoPros. Rack is super well made. Customer Service has been on point. Can't speak to anything past that.

I went MoPros. Adjustability of the rods versus welded bars and the large rack size seemed to be exactly what I want. Getting it in today and will report back

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Attachment 343431

I just brought this home today. The old XM found a new home, Gen 4 Expert is ready to Brap.
    Stoke is pretty high.
    You get a matching STRKT jacket?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!