Page 134 of 167 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Put your rack on correctly, you're going to break your skis, your rack, or bend your tunnel like that.
    KW is right. You should also mount the rack as close to the seat as possible. Pushing it back magnifies the load on the tunnel when you're going through whoops. Many tunnels have been bent this way. You can mitigate this risk a bit by separating your skis and poles, one half to each side.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    Got the Port Tack Rack mounted up and I’ve been testing it out this week.
    [
    Overall, I’m pretty happy with this rack.
    Nice!

Just fyi on those sleds you can shove the skis even further forward and hook the tips inside the foot well up against the tunnel.

A little more solid and you won't have the tails hanging off the back in the way of grabbing the bumper or the tips in the way of your feet.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'm looking for a new waterproof boot bag for strapping my ski boots in my rack on approaches. In the past, I've used a Seattle Sports dry tote bag that worked really well but is no longer made, as well as several roll top dry bags. I prefer the tote style, with a handle. Anybody got any good recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    I'm looking for a new waterproof boot bag for strapping my ski boots in my rack on approaches. In the past, I've used a Seattle Sports dry tote bag that worked really well but is no longer made, as well as several roll top dry bags. I prefer the tote style, with a handle. Anybody got any good recommendations?
    CFR QP bag for the win.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nice!

Just fyi on those sleds you can shove the skis even further forward and hook the tips inside the foot well up against the tunnel.

A little more solid and you won't have the tails hanging off the back in the way of grabbing the bumper or the tips in the way of your feet.
    I tried that and the tips were a bit too big for the hole...TWSS.

With the ravens I actually might get it to go with the tails in the footwell given the taper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Scroll down this page to the powder packs and buy one of these, I've been using one for years

http://skinzprotectivegear.com/snowm...stankbags.html

I've got the 12x12 one and it just fits some 300 BSL boots. Bigger boots, get the bigger bag. Just pick the part number and search for it, skinz is more setup to sell through dealers than their own page.

Every person I know who's bought one of those CFR QP bags has it fall apart within one decent season of use......and then they buy a skinz bag or something else. I love the guys at CFR but their bags ain't all that.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post

With the ravens I actually might get it to go with the tails in the footwell given the taper.
    Probably have the binding in the way of your legs like that.

I guess my skis were less rockered tips way back when I owned a rev now that I think about it......

Scroll down this page to the powder packs and buy one of these, I've been using one for years

http://skinzprotectivegear.com/snowm...stankbags.html

I've got the 12x12 one and it just fits some 300 BSL boots. Bigger boots, get the bigger bag. Just pick the part number and search for it, skinz is more setup to sell through dealers than their own page.

Every person I know who's bought one of those CFR QP bags has it fall apart within one decent season of use......and then they buy a skinz bag or something else. I love the guys at CFR but their bags ain't all that.
    I abused a dime bag for 5+years, no issues. QP new this year for me, so will find out. It sure looks like it's tough enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I abused a dime bag for 5+years, no issues. QP new this year for me, so will find out. It sure looks like it's tough enough.

My buddys' were ripping at the zippers. Hopefully they beefed them up. I really like the cheetah guys so hopefully they got them a little more dialed.

No issues with zippers on my QP after a couple of season. Doesn't get used every time I go though.

The shovel pocket is a nice option, I like having an extra shovel so I don't have to take my pack off if I need to dig.

Alright, just bought my first sled. Fully stock 2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 with 1700 miles on it. My first question is, easiest way to cobble together ski carry? My buddies are gonna be glad I'm not just using their sleds anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    Alright, just bought my first sled. Fully stock 2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 with 1700 miles on it. My first question is, easiest way to cobble together ski carry? My buddies are gonna be glad I'm not just using their sleds anymore.
    Easiest way to carry a single pair of skis? Put one ski flat against each side of the tunnel and bungee strap them in place.
    If you want to make a functional and cheap rack, scroll back one page and look at kidwoo's posts.
    Or fork out the cash for an off-the-shelf option.

As for bags, I'm pretty sold on the BCA tunnel bag. I wish it was slightly taller but having a shovel right there on the sled is really nice, especially when you have as little talent as I.

Due to second homeowners having for money than sense and the East Troublesome Fire, I've got more money than time these days. I'm gonna give a Port Tack Rack a shot on my M8000, I'll let you know how it goes. https://www.porttackracks.com/collec...owmobile-racks

QP bag is great design by horrible build. Myself and buddies have gone through like 3 of them each. zippers, straps, fabric lining... all blow easily. dealer has been just warrantying them without question, but I have no idea if they take that back to CFR or not.
    maybe the newer ones are built better. hopefully. mine is all macgyvered back together for now though.
    CFR rack are brackets are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I have a CFR rack with two combo ski/board holders. Sold the sled and won’t fit on the snowbike so might as well sell. In excellent shape, located in Whistler, won’t ship. Throwing it up here for the maggots before sticking on Facebook. Looks like this would be $630 +tax, so let’s say $400 complete?

Also have a Superclamp, also in great shape. $170? No pic of that, it’s in my storage locker.

Attachment 356090
    Attachment 356091
    still got this? wanna sell me one of the bracket sets? or even partial-trade for a ski-only bracket set?

I've gone through a few qp bags. This year's replacement is the first time the zippers actually seem like they have been changed. Solid so far.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Nice day today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BF8AE24-5D7C-4CC1-AE05-68C972FABEAD.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	435.5 KB 
ID:	358153

Sled-Ski Boot Recommendation?

*Searched the forum and didn't see this discussed since 2009-10 so I'm hoping for some updated info*

I'm poking around for beta on a sled-ski boot that can hold up to running board abuse. My current boots ('17 LANGE XT Free 130) have the WTR or "Grip Walk" soles which I have been replacing x2 each season, have now been discontinued by LANGE.

I'd like to get into a Technica Zero G Tour Pro, but I'm concerned about the Vibram soles holding up on the running boards. The soles do not look to be replaceable.

My runner up was the HOJI Free 130 — POMCO soles. Again, the soles look like they are not replaceable.

Anyone running either of these boots that can comment on their durability? Or can anyone recommend a burly boot/sole that will hold up on the snogo?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Muruaneq_AK View Post
    *Searched the forum and didn't see this discussed since 2009-10 so I'm hoping for some updated info*

I'm poking around for beta on a sled-ski boot that can hold up to running board abuse. My current boots ('17 LANGE XT Free 130) have the WTR or "Grip Walk" soles which I have been replacing x2 each season, have now been discontinued by LANGE.

Cheers.
    That blows. I use the XT’s or my old RX’s and it beats the shit out of the toes. I’ve posted on here looking for used ones, without success.

My new RS’s will never see a sled.

I wonder if those removable toecaps for workboots would work for you guys. If they are large enough to fit over your boots, maybe with some modification, they might save the front half of your sole - some models cover from the toe to just behind the ball of the foot, held on with a heel strap.

Myself, I just go to the thrift/consignment stores and buy old snowboard boots every other year or so, and use my ski boot liners in them. Keep my shells in a bag on the rack, and swap out once I start touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Muruaneq_AK View Post
    My runner up was the HOJI Free 130 — POMCO soles. Again, the soles look like they are not replaceable.

Anyone running either of these boots that can comment on their durability? Or can anyone recommend a burly boot/sole that will hold up on the snogo?

Cheers.
    I have two buddies running the hoji frees on their sleds and they look fine so far. I think it's possible to do your own sole replacement, but it's like... rip off the old soles and glue on new ones kinda project. not just a few screws.

It's pretty crazy watching them sled with those. it looks like they're just using regular sled boots, not ski boots. I wish they fit my feet.

I also use those XT free boots. I'm pretty sure you can still get replacement soles for them, as I THINK they're the same part still used by the XT3.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    still got this? wanna sell me one of the bracket sets? or even partial-trade for a ski-only bracket set?
    I’ve got a set of snowboard brackets I don’t need. Bought them for $170, I’d ship them to you for that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I wonder if those removable toecaps for workboots would work for you guys. If they are large enough to fit over your boots, maybe with some modification, they might save the front half of your sole - some models cover from the toe to just behind the ball of the foot, held on with a heel strap.

Myself, I just go to the thrift/consignment stores and buy old snowboard boots every other year or so, and use my ski boot liners in them. Keep my shells in a bag on the rack, and swap out once I start touring.
    This^^

I just try to ride with ski boots as little as possible, basically only tandem and retrieval laps.

I use aftermarket tube style running boards but instead of sharp screws or traction blocks I just use regular allen head screws. That helps a lot and is still way better than sharp extruded aluminum stock running boards for both traction, and tearing up boots.

Was out with three buddies smashing out sled ski laps. Hoji 130 for the win. My Lange xt 140 sucks for sled skiing. Had garmont shogun before that were awesome.
    Just finished trying on some 130 hahaha