Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4154
    Looks like I might be making a trip to Canada this fall, that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    What do you guys think about a 2014 RMK Pro 163 with 2500 miles on it for $7k?
    For that price, you should be able to get a low mileage Axys.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/c...ationFlag=true

What am I missing here? That seems like too good of a deal? Is the market that saturated, because that's not the only sled like that I'm seeing. Are they grenades and people are trying to get a way from them asap? Hell, if it's really that used sleds are that cheap, if I make a trip to canadialand maybe I'll come back with two and flip the second.

Maggot snowmobile thread

2500km means about 1500km more (or sooner) before the whole top end needs to be rebuilt, most rebuild the entire engine at that time. The 600's so far seems to not have that top end issue (I hope...4500km on the work sleds and so far no issues, and my personal 600 still under 2000km).
    Last edited by BCMountainHound; 08-12-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Nope, not missing anything. It is that bad here. Most aren't touching ab 800 etec until 8000 to 10000km. They are solid. Like i mentioned before. Great deals to be had.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Nope, not missing anything. It is that bad here. Most aren't touching ab 800 etec until 8000 to 10000km. They are solid. Like i mentioned before. Great deals to be had.

What are the potential problems with the 800 Etec's? Am I really looking at an engine rebuild in 1500km? At those prices I'm tempted to buy two, leave the second one sitting in the garage if (or is it when) I blow up the first one.

Anyone have any experience buying a new or used sled in Canadialand and bringing it to the US? I bought my mountain bike in Victoria and bought it back with out any issues, sleds are a little different.

15 etec had cooling problems really solved with scratchers and an extra set of bogey wheels. Other than that those engines are typically good for 8000km easy. 15 and up no engine problems

You want crazy? You can find a brand new 2015 Arctic Cat M8000 for $7300.00 with a warranty right now in Alberta. Great time to be buying, not so much if you want to sell.

Where? Which one? Are these mid-summer prices, or will the market stay like this through the fall and winter? If it's really always like this I'm making a trip up in November.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    You want crazy? You can find a brand new 2015 Arctic Cat M8000 for $7300.00 with a warranty right now in Alberta. Great time to be buying, not so much if you want to sell.
    There is a reason arctic cats are this price. They suck. Don't be fooled by a great deal.

Ps- don't get a 174 unless u live in whistler or revy. U will spend more time waiting for the thing to cool down then riding.

Maggot snowmobile thread

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Ps- don't get a 174 unless u live in whistler or revy. U will spend more time waiting for the thing to cool down then riding.
    What about Jackson? Will 174 be overkill for the Tetons?

works best in any environment where it snows a ton and your access roads are short.

U want an awesome sled ski sled- here you go. I will take $8500 firm. warranty till Dec. 01, 1017. Still on original belt. Top of the line shocks front and back, wide double welded running boards. Easy to tandem with!!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/c...ationFlag=true

There is a reason arctic cats are this price. They suck. Don't be fooled by a great deal.
    No modern snowmobile sucks. All of them have had issues of some sort, and some people simply like how one or the other rides. In the case of AC the early M's clutches sucked, or at least that was their rep, kind of like the 2017 850 . They pretty much fixed that by 2014, then after that the beef is they weigh more than a Polaris, and for the Skidoo guys, that they need a different riding style so jumping on one from a skidoo you immediately decide the thing won't sidehill.

That price is right now, search Alberta Kijji.

The reason they are so cheap is the Alberta economy combined with the new 2018 platform and engine means the dealers aren't going to sell them unless they blow them out.

^^^^^ wow these are all great prices, makes me consider moving up from my 08, but it's still dependable as hell and i have no complaints. does anyone know what's the process and taxes for bringing over the border?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    No modern snowmobile sucks. All of them have had issues of some sort, and some people simply like how one or the other rides. In the case of AC the early M's clutches sucked, or at least that was their rep, kind of like the 2017 850 . They pretty much fixed that by 2014, then after that the beef is they weigh more than a Polaris, and for the Skidoo guys, that they need a different riding style so jumping on one from a skidoo you immediately decide the thing won't sidehill.

That price is right now, search Alberta Kijji.

The reason they are so cheap is the Alberta economy combined with the new 2018 platform and engine means the dealers aren't going to sell them unless they blow them out.
    You need to try a Ski-Doo. Best out of box performance and easiest handling. Hardly anyone rides Arctic Cat anymore, thats why they are so cheap.

You need to try a Ski-Doo. Best out of box performance and easiest handling. Hardly anyone rides Arctic Cat anymore, thats why they are so cheap.
    Well I might, not a brand fan boy so I don't really care what I ride. It won't be for this winter. Going to wait and see if Skidoo fixed their first year issues with belts (which I beleieve was overblown, but certainly did exist for a lot of people) , and whether Cats new chassis and engine is as good as the people who got the early release sleds last spring were saying. Not to mention got to look at Polaris since they seem to have come up with a reliable motor this time. Outside shot, Sidewinder since I supposedly started sledding to access skiing, and 200hp makes for good news when doubling.

I'm "inheriting" a 2007 Yamaha Apex Mountain w/ ~4k miles on it. Anything to look out for with this model? Doesn't seem to be much written about them in this thread. I'm more than willing to put some $$ into mods etc...

Quote Originally Posted by johncfremont View Post
    I'm "inheriting" a 2007 Yamaha Apex Mountain w/ ~4k miles on it. Anything to look out for with this model? Doesn't seem to be much written about them in this thread. I'm more than willing to put some $$ into mods etc...
    Yeah... look out for bums from Washington hooking onto your bumper

Anytime Scotty, hope we can make it happen this winter! You can even have your own little Skidoo polluter if you ride with me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wymontchoppers View Post
    I'm "inheriting" a 2007 Yamaha Apex Mountain w/ ~4k miles on it. Anything to look out for with this model? etc...
    4 stroke is reliable, but heavy.
    Look out for deep snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    4 stroke is reliable, but heavy.
    Look out for deep snow.
    thats a pretty good reason to not own a 4 stroke

For an inherited machine, that older 4stroke is fine as a low maintenance load hauler for up a logging road or other established trail. Gifted horses and all that.

So time to bring this back up, what's everyone's plans for this winter? I am making do with the 2014 for one more year while I wait to see how the new AC 800 motor works out. Done everything to it that I am going to, and have three day weekends planned for all winter so plan on riding and sled skiing way more.

Sled is a 2014 AC M8000 153 bumped to 162. 2016 36" front end, Powder Pro skis, 2016 rear, skid. Pro Climb running boards, Proclimn front Bumper, Skinz Rear bumper, C3 Belt Drive,Full Elka Stage 5, Bikeman Clutching and Sled Shed Cooker Can,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	801.9 KB 
ID:	212618